Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2014, 18:52   #30316
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

2 sightings today in Delhi-NCR

1) Hyundai Accent at DND in the morning today with IDS on the boot.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo1767_001.jpg

2) Alto with LTD on the boot and a URL on number plate at NH8 while coming back to Noida today afternoon.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-photo1769_001.jpg

Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 19:20   #30317
BHPian

Had spotted this Beat a few times when I visit my friends house next door. Spotted: HSR layout

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imageuploadedbyteambhp1407591943.034707.jpg

Who be you my friend?
Old 9th August 2014, 20:56   #30318
BHPian

Spotted a White Scorpio with LTD at the boot.

Gopinath market this evening at about 7 pm.
Old 9th August 2014, 21:10   #30319
BHPian

Pune spotting:- White Tata Safari with Got BHP? sticker on tail gate with MH 14 XX 2193 license plate at Pimple Suadagar near Shivar Chowk. Date and Time:- Today around 08:30PM.

BHPian..?
Old 9th August 2014, 21:39   #30320
Senior - BHPian

A Fake sighting on facebook page!

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-10565058_664980163591803_5361475061189559447_n.jpg

Link: https://www.facebook.com/ConceptCarzIndia/photos_stream
Old 9th August 2014, 21:53   #30321
Distinguished - BHPian

Noida spotting, white swift, black roof and pillars, UK 8899, near tgip underpass.
Any takers?
Attached Images

Old 9th August 2014, 22:16   #30322
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted at AGS Cinemas today (around 12:30pm) Sorry for the poor quality.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_4830.jpg
Old 9th August 2014, 22:33   #30323
BHPian

Bangalore Spotting

Grey Safari Storme VX at St. John's Church Road. KA03 MS 4836(?). 5:30 PM. Got bhp? and URL on the rear hatch with a Baby on Board sticker as well.

We were at the Homeo doctor's together.

Any takers?
Old 10th August 2014, 10:09   #30324
BHPian

Tons of non-members with Team-BHP stickers! Remedy?

We'll I don't know if this topic has been discussed already, but I really feel that it should be seriously looked into. Team-BHP is a place where 'quality' matters. Even the membership procedure is so well laid out that anyone who doesn't belong to the system is instantly rejected. What happens if such a reputed forum sells away their stickers to a bunch of irresponsible souls? Just check the 'Team-BHP stickers sighting' thread and you'll see that only a nominal number of sightings are acknowledged by BHPians. Hooligan driving with TBHP stickers have become a common sight and as a member it hurts me. Every member here represents this reputed group and I'm sure not even a single one among them will act so immature on the road. An average joe sees such an act of irresponsibility on the road and what will be his first impression about this community and its members?

I seriously feel that the whole "If you are a BHPian at heart, that's all that counts" thing ain't working anymore. The reputation of the site is being trashed on the streets every single day by a bunch of non-members. Its high time we did something about it. Calling in all fellow BHPians to provide their valuable suggestions regarding this matter.
Old 10th August 2014, 10:23   #30325
BHPian

Re: Tons of non-members with Team-BHP stickers! Remedy?

What you said is very true. I don't intend to sound negative, but I'm not sure if there is something that can be done about people putting up decals on their cars. This case is true not just for Team BHP stickers but for a whole lot of other reputed brands.

You see K&N, H&R, Lightforce, Bilsteins, Pete's and many such reputed brand logos put up on cars which might not have even one component of that in the car. When these decals are on cars with irresponsible drivers, it does not look good for what ever brand he has made himself to be a carrier of. It is a black mark for the brand/community. And I've seen many Team BHP sticker replicas. Any vinyl shop would easily make any sticker for you. So that's one more issue. Duplicating.

Ours is a country where the weirdest of license plates are seen. When we have law for that and yet in a helpless soup, how effective would it be regarding the controlling of decals.

Still, I would love to see the suggestions of fellow BHPians on this.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 10th August 2014 at 10:25.
Old 10th August 2014, 10:41   #30326
Senior - BHPian

I am a avid member who dose not use a Team-BHP sticker as I have to park in a part of town where scratches are inevitable, and I do not want any one to see a sticker on a scratched car. Due to this I get really wild seeing stickers on cars driven by idiots.

Rahul
Old 10th August 2014, 11:30   #30327
Senior - BHPian

IMHO This is an old discussion which has happened in the past.

Anyway, here's my tuppence:
Sincerely, you are over-reacting. Your points are valid but the solution is infeasible.

Even if TBHP gives stickers only to members, theres no way to control redistribution of stickers by members or printing of stickers by a third party. If I recall right, posts earlier mentioned that the LTD sticker is available in some accessory shops.

I know for a fact that in Delhi, the xbhp sticker (the stylized X) was easily available in accessory shops. Stuff like that happens - one just has to get used to it.

Do realized that the team behind the scenes has only so much time - stickers aren't worth spending so much energy on IMHO.
Old 10th August 2014, 11:36   #30328
Team-BHP Support

If there is a separate sticker for members, won't that be copied as well?
Old 10th August 2014, 12:00   #30329
Mik
BHPian

On a recent drive I was terrorized by a very aggressive Innova with the team-bhp stickers. The thing is, what is the guarantee that the guy wasn't a team-bhpian himself. On this forum and on xBhp we have tons of people bragging about how they out-ran a higher segment car/bike. Pretty sure those races weren't held in controlled circumstances.
Being a member on this forum just means that you are most probably passionate about automobiles. It doesn't mean that you are a safe driver/rider. The community cannot vouch for its thousands of members and I presume that the site won't be liable for your acts - sticker or no sticker.
Its upto each and every individual to learn from the treasure trove of information on the site and become better drivers/riders.
Old 10th August 2014, 12:34   #30330
BHPian

Very sad to see non members flouting these stickers and irresponsibly so. Not selling it to guests even though of limited use is an option to consider. As a member it saddens and sometimes irritates to see these stickers fake and original on maniac driven cars.

Most Viewed