Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 10:31   #32821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post
I agree completely. Great Idea with Profile ID's. It would also help Sighters identify the handle of the member after taking the pic

I am in advertising and have some experience with design. I can volunteer to come up with some fresh designs and ideas for the stickers for the registered community of members.
Something like a rectangular strip (2cmx10cm approx size) with the username (or profile #) printed on it should be given FOC (maybe) to BHPians and Seniors, depending on the number of vehicles in their garage, 2 for each vehicle.
They can stick it just above the normal sticker set. It would be very beneficial for both forum members and readers.

1. Help in distinguishing true BHPians from regular readers. In fact, one can know exact username and details of the member through his car.

2. Better and sane driving by members. As their usernames are visible and they are representing the community, they are likely to show better road behaviour. Chances of assuming rash drivers as true BHPians will be less, as some non-members have been caught driving badly on roads with stickers on their rides.

3. More memberships. As this sticker set would be exclusive for true members of the forum, non-members or readers would be more than happy to apply for getting themselves registered.

4. Lesser chances of non-enthusiasts sporting stickers as a member will not be willing to give his exclusive sticker to friends or family. Currently one will have no problem in sharing the stickers as it doesn't reveal any information about the lender.

Different colour themes for the rectangular sticker I was talking about can also help. Newbies can have Grey background with White font, BHPians can have Blue background with White font and Seniors can have Orange background with White font. Distinguished members and Moderators can have a chess board like theme - with their IDs mentioned in Orange. I mean, it would be fun to design and use as well. There are a lot of possibilities.

You should PM moderators about your willingness to contribute to sticker designs and ideas. I hope there would be a thread for this topic also.
Old 9th September 2015, 09:56   #32822
BHPian

Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441772624.195604.jpg

Two TBHP stickers that I don't see very often on the same car ! I have these two lying at the bottom of my draw. Reminds me that tastes vary vastly. The ones I use are probably discarded by others too.

Mods - while the mixed set offers a lot of choice aren't they very wasteful ??

I love the idea of getting your handle on a TBHP sticker.

OT: many TBHP stickers are so obviously fake. I don't think the root cause of non members using stickers is members distributing their extra ones, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the easy availability of knock offs. Mimicry is the best form of flattery they say !

Last edited by reihem : 9th September 2015 at 09:59.
Old 9th September 2015, 10:33   #32823
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Bangaluru Spotting from yesterday evening in IIMB/ HSBC lane - LTD on rear door glass

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-screen-shot-20150909-10.15.17-am.png

One from today morning near Kalyani Magnum - URL on rear window right-bottom.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-screen-shot-20150909-10.16.50-am.png

Last edited by abirnale : 9th September 2015 at 10:34.
Old 9th September 2015, 10:38   #32824
D C
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post

I love the idea of getting your handle on a TBHP sticker.
Most of the members here prefer that and have shared their preference on the forum. Hope this will materialize shortly

Quote:
OT: many TBHP stickers are so obviously fake. I don't think the root cause of non members using stickers is members distributing their extra ones, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the easy availability of knock offs. Mimicry is the best form of flattery they say !
The LTD is the only fake one I have seen. While there may be other fake stickers, most of them are LTD because of the catchy "Live To Drive" wordings. I am sure most of the non members stick this to display their interest on the quote "Live To Drive" and not on Team-BHP.

One of my close friend, who is a non-member but an avid follower of the forum, displays LTD and IDS on the boot of his Black Figo. He ordered the complete set for him. So we have genuine non-members as well.

Spotting:

A red Dzire TN XX XX 3433 at the CSIR Road, Taramani, Chennai, yesterday. It has LTD and IDS on the boot.
Old 9th September 2015, 10:49   #32825
BHPian

Faridabad Spotting :

A light brown (Cappucino Beige type) Skoda Yeti with IDS on the Right Passenger Door.

I spotted you almost a month back outside Gymkhana Club. I again saw you yesterday at Sector 7 Market and followed you till your home! With your driving style, I assume you are a genuine BHPian. There is a grey Swift also in your garage.

EDIT - Same car spotted in Post # 29376.

Last edited by vin11 : 9th September 2015 at 11:05.
Old 9th September 2015, 11:30   #32826
BHPian

Fair point DC. Perhaps sticker sales should be restricted to members only ? Or perhaps it doesn't matter at all and we (I) should just live and let live :-)

With regard to customization, a tie up with any of these online printing houses should make it a simple affair. I wish we could all come up with amazing stickers like the one GTO sports on his 5 series. The gto bhp ? one. But I guess that's asking for too much ! My handle below the got bhp ? instead of the url would be neat.

Which reminds me, I haven't shared my own got bhp.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441777521.978755.jpg
Old 9th September 2015, 12:04   #32827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Fair point DC. Perhaps sticker sales should be restricted to members only ? Or perhaps it doesn't matter at all and we (I) should just live and let live.
Then what about the thousands of non-members who already have these stickers on their rides? Maybe an all new design (set) which would be exclusive to members can help.

It does matter IMO. Some time back, I had a close shave with a Dzire (with LTD) when I was travelling with my friend. His first words after that Dzire just missed our front bumper were - See this is Team BHP, the website you're always bragging about. By his style of driving (not fast but rash) and dark tints all around, I could definitely make out that he wasn't a genuine enthusiast and had the LTD just for looks.
Old 9th September 2015, 12:06   #32828
Senior - BHPian

KA-05-MQ-2490 white Figo with LTD at the back spotted on the BETL this morning.

KA-51-MA-5704 grey Honda City near Sony World signal, Koramangala with LTD centred on the rear bumper.

KA-??-MA-5207 White Swift spotted near CMH with the redlining sticker on the right corner of the rear bumper.,
Old 9th September 2015, 12:21   #32829
BHPian

Some spottings from Delhi and Bangalore, over the past one month or so.

Fortuner on the inner ring road, near Ashram
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_delhi-fortuner.jpg

Liva on the NH8 near cyber city
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_delhi-liva.jpg

Bangalore registered Safari near Iffco chowk in Gurgaon
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_iffco-chowk-safari.jpg

Ritz cab, somewhere in central Delhi
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_near_7rcrc.jpg

Punto on the NH8, going towards Gurgaon
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_punto_nh8.jpg

Santro, near IIT Delhi
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_santro_dekhi.jpg

Getz, parked at the Deloitte Midway office(Bangalore)
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_getz_-bang.jpg

Duster, parked at Decathalon Bannerghatta road
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_duster_decathalon-bnaglore.jpg
Old 9th September 2015, 13:42   #32830
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

I really have not spotted the Jazz on the road except for very few but it all changed yesterday. I spotted two while returning back from office and at Kaiveli Junction, Madipakkam, I spotted a carnelian red Honda Jazz VX Petrol with a large "Live to Drive" Team BHP sticker, registration number ending in "29".

Dear BHPian,
Whoever you are, the car looked super cool yesterday. I wanted to just stop your car and say "Hi"; but I did not as we were both in traffic
Old 9th September 2015, 22:54   #32831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
HYDERABAD SPOTTING

Spotted this Ritz at an apartment complex I visited yesterday near JBS, Patny(Secunderabad).
Hi, Saikat mandal, I missed meeting you by a minute, at the same complex, few weeks back, when you dropped off Mr. Krishna Prasad, your HBC friend and his wife. On that day, I overtook you, came inside the flats and parked my car and actually came running out to meet you...But you left by that time. I stay in those flats and Krishna is my neighbor.

I am friend of Krishna and he told me about you and I also saw your cycling achievements on your FB page. Will try to meet you one day.

- Sai
Old 10th September 2015, 08:59   #32832

Red Polo GT TSI on Doddanekundi Main Road near ISRO today morning at 8:08AM. I was on my way to work when i saw your batch. I was in the Red GT TDI behind you.

Any acknowledgement?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-20150910_080823.jpg  

Old 10th September 2015, 10:11   #32833
BHPian

Spotted you last evening at Pashan Road. I was following you from Abhimansree society lane till Bavdhan Chandni Chowk in a silver XUV. Bhpian?

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-10.09.2015.jpg
Old 10th September 2015, 11:48   #32834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
Will try to meet you one day.

- Sai
Thats you then!! Glad to have an acknowledgement. I stay in Sainikpuri, will be great to meet you in the next city meet or otherwise. .

cheers!!
Old 10th September 2015, 12:51   #32835
Senior - BHPian

Spotted just a while back at IDP parking lot.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441869554.215603.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441869619.335008.jpg

Most Viewed