Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 22:53   #33961

Team-BHP sticker knock-offs

Was at a windshield repair shop at Kolathur, Chennai, this morning and guess what grabbed my attention. small funny Team-BHP knock-off stickers! I inquired if the guy gets them printed himself, but that wasn't the case. Apparently these stickers are common and are sold at 20rs each. I have never spotted one of these in any car so far, but was surprised and intrigued to come across them. I clicked a few pics. The small vertical text on the left in the glossy 3D rectangular sticker reads, 'Team Live To Drive' .

Moderators: I don't think this fits in the T-BHP sticker spotting thread. So I created a new thread. Please move to appropriate thread if necessary. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20160515_120134.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20160515_120150.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20160515_120201.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20160515_120219.jpg  

Dusk Tiger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 23:11   #33962
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP sticker knock-offs

How on earth they can manufacture and sell these stickers without taking express approval and permission from team bhp mods. GTO needs to take cognizance of the same and inform these repair shops to stop selling tbhp owned materials.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 23:20   #33963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
How on earth they can manufacture and sell these stickers without taking express approval and permission from team bhp mods. GTO needs to take cognizance of the same and inform these repair shops to stop selling tbhp owned materials.
They have deliberately replaced the forum name with 'Team Live To Drive' in all the stickers. But yes, the design remains the same. The black-and-yellow combination of the classic sticker is very attractive to posers (and even genuine BHPians) and I have seen many in NCR getting LTD printed for 50 or 100 bucks at sticker shops. How the team can take action is by changing to a complex sticker design which is not easy to imitate, instead of running after a number of such roadside sticker shops. I am afraid we may have to lose the classic LTD sticker from the lineup.

The square one looks quite good. GTO, what about something similar in the next sticker set?
biggrin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 23:51   #33964
Distinguished - BHPian

Some time back, casually remarked to my friend that it's high time I bought a sticker from TBHP, and was horrified by his reply ,"who buys them online, buy from some local shop for ₹50 or some" Did not know whether to feel happy that TeamBHP was getting popular outside the enthusiast group or feel cringy that all those sticker sporting guys may not be members.

But the icing on the cake was today.
Saw a battered Tavera with a sticker in the bumper. Not a single sticker. An amateur one with individual block stickers. "WWW.Teambhp.com" .
Couldn't click pics as I was driving and going round a roundabout.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 08:43   #33965
Senior - BHPian

Forget 'Team Live to Drive' I have even seen imitation stickers with our forum's name printed on them. The same Yellow-Carbon Black combination, with roughly the same font style and size. The only giveaway was the fact that these stickers had sharp edges, while the genuine ones at our forum get slightly rounded edges.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 09:02   #33966
BHPian

Chennai:

Spotted this red XUV near Radhakrishnan Salai, yesterday around 12pm. Had LTD, driven by on the boot and another sticker on the side.
I was in my White Liva, right behind you at the signal, I honked and flashed you thought I asked you to move so you moved and gave way for me to take the left :P

BHPian?
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1463369529557.jpg
Old 16th May 2016, 10:20   #33967
BHPian

Its a pretty common sight here in Bangalore at least. Have seen these fake ones in every second cab and even a few auto ricks.
Old 16th May 2016, 10:41   #33968
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Saw this white Dzire at Marble market near sector 33 in Gurgaon on May 10th. Any takers?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img_20160510_154534.jpg  

Old 16th May 2016, 10:42   #33969
BHPian

Don't know what anybody can do to dissuade these knockoff's. Legal action against whom? how to trace the ones that are doing this, and should one even try? Something about imitation being the most sincere form of flattery I suppose...
Old 16th May 2016, 13:01   #33970
OSH
BHPian

I think the people behind these fake stickers must be the one's who could not get their membership approved even after trying multiple times. They may be doing this just to satisfy their ego. Some action must be taken, maybe the official sticker design for members can have some sort of watermark(maybe username) to prevent illegal copying. This way there can be a seperate set for members and non-members.

Last edited by OSH : 16th May 2016 at 13:05.
Old 16th May 2016, 14:02   #33971
BANNED

Spotted today at coimbatore in the morning, Was behind you on brookebond road before you took a right to Syrian church road. Identify yourself bhpian.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1463387399809.jpg  

Last edited by vdm295 : 16th May 2016 at 14:06.
Old 16th May 2016, 16:52   #33972
BHPian

Spotted this unregistered S-Cross Zeta LE at Venkat Motors Service Station, Hassan

Time 4:00 PM
Date 16/05/2016

Any acknowledgements ?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-image.jpeg  

Old 16th May 2016, 17:23   #33973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
I think the people behind these fake stickers must be the one's who could not get their membership approved even after trying multiple times. They may be doing this just to satisfy their ego. Some action must be taken, maybe the official sticker design for members can have some sort of watermark(maybe username) to prevent illegal copying. This way there can be a seperate set for members and non-members.
I had not put stickers on the car until I became a part of this family. When I got my membership approved, that very day I ordered the set
Usernames would be a good idea (but would be a problem in mass printing which may not be feasible for TBHP) or a hologram on the sticker would help? Hologram would make it harder for these guys to just print rip offs. Also, would look cooler in my opinion.
Old 16th May 2016, 18:14   #33974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
I had not put stickers on the car until I became a part of this family. When I got my membership approved, that very day I ordered the set
Usernames would be a good idea (but would be a problem in mass printing which may not be feasible for TBHP) or a hologram on the sticker would help? Hologram would make it harder for these guys to just print rip offs. Also, would look cooler in my opinion.
This is a good idea but unless there is a way to control/check/verify that a member can order only his name's sticker, almost everyone would order 'GTO' ones.

How about limiting the stickers to members only? And the members' stickers would contain their username or would be a very different design. Anyways, this problem can not be completely controlled. Even any new designs will be copied by sticker shops. So let it be. Posers will be posers.
Old 16th May 2016, 18:36   #33975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
This is a good idea but unless there is a way to control/check/verify that a member can order only his name's sticker, almost everyone would order 'GTO' ones.

How about limiting the stickers to members only? And the members' stickers would contain their username or would be a very different design. Anyways, this problem can not be completely controlled. Even any new designs will be copied by sticker shops. So let it be. Posers will be posers.
Nothing can take posers away, I agree.
That could be done easily I guess, just means that the TBHP Shop Online wouldn't be available without logging in?! (But surely there are reasons why it's opened to all)
Holographic ones would be hard, as that would require different paper altogether along with the print (like companies have letter heads, or seals on certain products like G-Shock watches) Cheap sticker shops just have the photo and keep printing them whereas specialized holographic ones would have to be ordered separately.
I don't think Mumbai has this problem, I don't get to see much of BHPians cars on the highway (weird, but I look out for them, only to get a pic and post here and don't see them :P )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks