we pollute too much. check
we dont care for others. check
we replicate too much. check
we have too much hate. check
oh yeah..we are a curse
Old 4th January 2012, 10:06   #17
BHPian

Re: Are we a curse?

I have been reading up quite a bit on metaphysics and theory of evolution after i stumbled upon the youtube video i had posted earlier.

Earlier, it was easy for me to view our destructive nature as a curse. Now with better understanding, i feel this very same behaviour is part of a grander nature's scheme to aid further evolution of mankind.

It is foolish on our part to assume we are the end product of evolution. Although we are the first representation of intelligent life form here, we are unlikely to be the last. Due to the advanced genetic and AI technology at our disposal today, we can predict the emergence of a more advanced life-form in the eons to come by.

For that future generation, the fossil fuel we so greedily suck out of our planet will have no meaning, since their technology and basis for life will be on a much different platforms.

That generation will probably look thousands of years back , and wonder increduously at how the the early human beings managed to live on carbon deposits left inside earth as a by product of extinct life forms
Old 4th January 2012, 11:23   #18
BHPian

Re: Are we a curse?

Perhaps Earth might end up as Stroggos.

They maintain a massive global military-industrial complex with mines, ore refineries, light production plants and heavy industrial manufacturing facilities throughout Stroggos. Their heavy reliance on industry has created a toxic environment that has killed much of the native plant and animal life on Stroggos, and the remaining animals are subject to horrible mutation.

Quake (series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Strogg - QuakeWiki

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks