Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2004, 23:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 12 2004,21:40)]However, I am not getting any direct team-bhp results on goodle. Just the same ol links to Indiacar and Formula India.
Hey GTO,

Well i just searched again and its gone!...

It used to show up without any description, on page 4 or 5 when u search for "team-bhp" and the title used to just say just www.team-bhp.com.

Anyway, as long as we have got this moving we should be up there full power soon after the meta tags are done!

cya
R
Old 13th May 2004, 03:10   #17
BHPian

I am showing page 2 for the lookup phrase "team-bhp". It has been this way even before we began this discussion.

There's a great anecdote. Most of us would have heard about it already.Try this:
Google for "WMD". The first result you'll see is titled "Cannot find Weapons of Mass Destruction". Read the error page carefully, it's not just an error page !
How it happened ? Some Brit who had a lot of free time on his hands came up with this creative idea, developed the page and sent the link to his friends, who in turn sent it to their friends, and they to theirs, and on and on. Before this guy even knew it, the WMD link was all over the internet - in mails, websites, files - everywhere. The crawler couldn't help but notice and pick it up, and it was perfectly consistent with google's page-ranking algorithm ! Well, so far Google have decided not to filter this page out.
Ideas, anyone ? *
Old 13th May 2004, 04:12   #18
Team-BHP Support

Hey powerslave,

Your right, it has appeared on page 2 now. But i had seen it on page 4 or 5 yesterday.
I think you have forgotten to attach the link or pic above
About it being there since a long time, well i have periodically searched google, but it has never been there before!

The WMD thing is really cool, there are several of these altered error pages on the net, but this is by far the most well written!

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks