Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2012, 20:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello Chennai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Recently i have been intimidated that my posting shall be in Chennai
Don't be!

Welcome to Chennai. If I know the exact location of your office, I can give some good suggestions.
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hello,i got the accommodation details and details of my office.

31st Jan I shall be arriving in Chennai central station and from there i have to make my way to Hotel Compact Spacio which is opposite to Arvind Theatre,Rajuv Gandhi Salai,Karapakkam,this for my 10 days accommodation.

Office is in Shriram Gateway Sez!
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

31st Jan I shall be arriving in Chennai central station and from there i have to make my way to Hotel Compact Spacio which is opposite to Arvind Theatre,Rajuv Gandhi Salai,Karapakkam,this for my 10 days accommodation.

Then take accommodation around Chromepet - Tambaram area and commute by suburban train.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Don't be!

Welcome to Chennai. If I know the exact location of your office, I can give some good suggestions.
Guess he meant intimated not intimidated.

Hi and welcome to Chennai Avishar. I see that you have a lot of friends in your line and more than willing to help you out. Gansan is the right man for Chromepet-Tambaram areas. Have a good time in Chennai.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:

I don't understand a point. If your office is at Perungalathur, why have they given a stay at IT Highway (also called as Rajiv Gandhi Salai or OMR). It doesn't make sense at all unless you are going to report at the Sholinganallur office for those 10 days.

EDIT: Sorry if I had frightened you with this post, though!!

Last edited by callvvijay : 23rd January 2012 at 23:25.
callvvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 11:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Then take accommodation around Chromepet - Tambaram area and commute by suburban train.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Guess he meant intimated not intimidated.

Hi and welcome to Chennai Avishar. I see that you have a lot of friends in your line and more than willing to help you out. Gansan is the right man for Chromepet-Tambaram areas. Have a good time in Chennai.
Oh yes i meant intimated,quite looking forward to going to chennai,i love new cities,hate sticking at one place for a long time.Spent last 4 yrs in Bangalore.

Yes,quite an overwhelming response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I don't understand a point. If your office is at Perungalathur, why have they given a stay at IT Highway (also called as Rajiv Gandhi Salai or OMR). It doesn't make sense at all unless you are going to report at the Sholinganallur office for those 10 days.

Oh no nothing about being frightened,i was checking the places myself on the map and i can see your point.Shriram Gateways seems like 25 kms by road from the hotel in which they have put me up.

It could be that the initial few days of induction and all shall happen in the Perungalathur office and later we are shifted to the Sholinganallur office.Eitherways other joinees have been allotted different hotels all over chennai,so there does not seem to be any pattern about location.Lets see will work things out.

@Pypkmsrikanth Absolutely not worried about Macher Jhol,dont really like it much myself anyway..Calcutta yes is a paradise for food lovers and that includes excellent dosa and sambhar places too.Oh yes might just miss those delicious sweets once in a while.Thank you for your offer,would be pleasure to meet up once.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:34   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

Exactly what I was telling earlier in the thread! They do this kind of stuff. Hence always safer to get an accomodation somewhere close to Medavakkam area till a permanent project is allocated.

When I took up my job offer, I was given stay at Navallur and the initial training was conducted at Harrington Road, Nungambakkam. 27 kms and through thick traffic after Adyar.
Quote:
It could be that the initial few days of induction and all shall happen in the Perungalathur office and later we are shifted to the Sholinganallur office.Eitherways other joinees have been allotted different hotels all over chennai,so there does not seem to be any pattern about location.Lets see will work things out.
I guess 1st february (today) is the joining date?
Old 4th February 2012, 16:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

I guess 1st february (today) is the joining date?
Hello everyone,sorry for a late reply,wifi was not working in the hotel in which i was staying.

Anyway been here since 31st morning,and my office is in Shollinganur,Accenture for atleast the first part of my training which will be over a month.Training starts from monday,and ave found a PG near the office.Decent place.

Weather has not been a problem,pretty pleasant in the evening,food also not a problem lots of restaurants along OMR,but yet to go anywhere inside the city have absolutely no clue about what is where,been just hanging around in and around OMR for the past few days.

Also saw a Tbhp stickered black alto in the parking lot of the Shollinganur office,no 4203!!
Old 17th February 2012, 08:29   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello everyone,sorry for a late reply,wifi was not working in the hotel in which i was staying.

Anyway been here since 31st morning,and my office is in Shollinganur,Accenture for atleast the first part of my training which will be over a month.Training starts from monday,and ave found a PG near the office.Decent place.

Weather has not been a problem,pretty pleasant in the evening,food also not a problem lots of restaurants along OMR,but yet to go anywhere inside the city have absolutely no clue about what is where,been just hanging around in and around OMR for the past few days.

Also saw a Tbhp stickered black alto in the parking lot of the Shollinganur office,no 4203!!
Hows your training going along?

Mastered all the places in and around Shollinganallur? Better make use of the pleasant weather till it lasts. Mercury levels are going to shoot up in the coming three weeks.
Old 26th February 2012, 19:56   #25
BHPian

Hey welcome to Chennai. I am from Orissa and quite familiar with the other side of the city. I can suggest you the eatouts where you can visit over the weekends. Regarding the super cars you can find many of them on the roads. If stay at Alwarpet and I see many of them late nights on Fridays and Staurdays. You can hear the engine roaring past 2 AM as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks