Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2010, 18:24   #61
BHPian

@Daredevil, try Kachins somewhere in Lower Parel, or PM for a master I used to stich suits for my Staff
Old 20th November 2010, 18:35   #62
BHPian

Wonder why no one in Chennai is looking for a tailor.

There is this shop in Pondy Bazar, in T. Nagar by the name, Lookman Tailors. They have good collection of fabrics and the stitching is very good.
Old 21st November 2010, 11:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Forget ready made suits, i cant even find formal shirts also that fit my size in Bangalore.
All of them have sleeves that end up way before my wrists start. So i end up folding them up.
Surprisingly, some from Chandigarh gifted me a formal shirt of my size (44) and its sleeves fit me perfectly!

Must be demographics at play here? Do these companies size people up by the location? Us Punjabis, are we all built king size?
Old 21st November 2010, 12:15   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Now coming to the question you have asked, IMO one should never buy a Sherwani for the only reason being that after you wear it for your own shaadi you will never wear it again and it just lays around unused occupying space.
Same thing happening with my wedding suit also.
Old 8th February 2013, 15:47   #65
BHPian

Re: Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here

Reviving this thread.

I've been trying to find a good tailor in Bangalore ever since i moved from Delhi. Raymonds is inconsistent across their outlets and the one in Jayanagar seems to outsource their orders to others.

I had a bad experience with PN Rao at their outlet in Jayanagar (bad service, arrogant and lackadaisical staff)

I strongly believe its not the shop, but the tailor who makes the difference.

Any suggestions for Bangalore?

In Delhi, the Raymonds shop in the inner circle of Connaught place was the best - i used to go from Gurgaon there for my trousers and suits.
Old 8th February 2013, 16:11   #66
BHPian

Re: Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here

Wanderluster -

You can try out with the Raymonds Shop @ MG Road. Tailor by the name of Iyub is fantastic. I am a decade old customer there. You will not go wring with Suits, Shirts, Trousers etc
Old 8th February 2013, 16:56   #67
BHPian

Try http://www.tailorman.com/. They are good. Also have the option of a master tailor visiting you for measurements (only in Bangalore as of now i guess).
Old 8th February 2013, 19:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Reviving this thread.

I've been trying to find a good tailor in Bangalore ever since i moved from Delhi. Raymonds is inconsistent across their outlets and the one in Jayanagar seems to outsource their orders to others.
Please give Prestige- the Man Store a shot. This is on the main Commercial Street and is landmark there. I had a formal suit stitched couple of years back, and the fit and finish was very good. Also, they have a really huge variety of suiting and shirting fabrics, and depending upon your budget, you can choose the material/brand. I chose Reid and Taylor, and my total charge came to about 8 k. Well worth it, since a good suit is an investment of sorts.
Old 9th February 2013, 14:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

I got all my suits and tuxedo stitched at Reid & Taylor showroom just before Commercial Street. The fitting of suits has been excellent. However, I did not like the material used for shirts' collar and cuffs to make them stiff. After one wash, the material looks like it has bubbles. However, my pleated shirt (for tuxedo) was done very well.

It does not look like they accept cloth material from elsewhere. Recently, an uncle gifted me the cloth for shirt and trousers. So I am also in search of good tailor in southern part of Bangalore.
Old 9th February 2013, 16:55   #70
BHPian

Hi, need some advice.

I'm going to HK on work and since I work with a bank, our dressing is mostly formal. I suffer from a disability in my left hand and so I wear only half sleeve shirts, even for formal occasions.

The normal dress code in our HK office is to wear Suits. So do you guys think I should wear a sleeveless waistcoat or something like that to make myself look more formal. Or will it look slightly over the top
Old 12th March 2013, 01:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Hi, need some advice.

I'm going to HK on work and since I work with a bank, our dressing is mostly formal. I suffer from a disability in my left hand and so I wear only half sleeve shirts, even for formal occasions.

The normal dress code in our HK office is to wear Suits. So do you guys think I should wear a sleeveless waistcoat or something like that to make myself look more formal. Or will it look slightly over the top
I think a half sleeve shirt with a smart tie, better a thin tie, will be a better idea. Waistcoat is a no no. They look good only with a proper suit. If the weather is gonna reasonably be cold, accessorize with a formalish half sweater.
Old 17th February 2016, 10:05   #72
BHPian

Re: Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here)

Anyone knows a good tailor in jaynagar or Banashankari? Need to get some pants stitched (not for suits). How much stitching a pant costs? Thanks!
Old 12th November 2017, 16:20   #73
BHPian

Re: Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here)

Reviving an old thread -

Gentlemen of Team-BHP! I need your help.
I will be returning to India (Bangalore) for my wedding on Dec-5th 2017.
I will be flying out to Kolkata for the wedding early morning on Dec-9th.
Effectively I have only 3 days and some hours in hand.

I am very much on the heavier side. None of the ready-made stuff from Manyavar or the other stores were remotely close to fitting. I checked both western formal 2/3 piece suits and traditional sherwanis. The largest available size in the stores are atleast 2-3 sizes smaller than what I require.

Leaving me with only 1 option - getting it stitched. I am okay with either a western suit or a sherwani for the reception ceremony.

Where in bangalore can I get either of these 2 dresses stitched in under 3 days? Or is there any place in bangalore where I can buy ready-made suits/sherwanis for plus sized men?

Looking forward to help!
Old 12th November 2017, 17:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Reviving an old thread -

Gentlemen of Team-BHP! I need your help.
I will be returning to India (Bangalore) for my wedding on Dec-5th 2017.
I will be flying out to Kolkata for the wedding early morning on Dec-9th.
Effectively I have only 3 days and some hours in hand.

I am very much on the heavier side. None of the ready-made stuff from Manyavar or the other stores were remotely close to fitting. I checked both western formal 2/3 piece suits and traditional sherwanis. The largest available size in the stores are atleast 2-3 sizes smaller than what I require.

Leaving me with only 1 option - getting it stitched. I am okay with either a western suit or a sherwani for the reception ceremony.

Where in bangalore can I get either of these 2 dresses stitched in under 3 days? Or is there any place in bangalore where I can buy ready-made suits/sherwanis for plus sized men?

Looking forward to help!
I had some formal trousers tailored at Raymonds at the beginning of Richmond Road opposite Lifestyle. It was a while back so don't really remember how long they took, and admittedly I didn't have the same rush that you do. Check how long they will take and it might just work out.
Another suggestion if you are abroad is to look for a big and tall store which should be able to fit you
Old 12th November 2017, 17:52   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Reviving an old thread -

Looking forward to help!
I have been looking at getting a suit or Sherwani stitched and was looking for a good tailor for my wedding as well.
I have been recommended by a few people to go talk to S.A Vittal Rao and Sons. They are located in Ashokpuram. Behind Garuda Central mall and next to Football stadium. They have been around for a very long time and apparently have been the tailors for quite a few famous and recognisable faces. You could contact them.
Attached Thumbnails
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here)-1510489353022.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks