Team-BHP - Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/11403-formal-dressing-tailoring-all-occassions-edit-put-all-your-queries-here.html)

hi all

i need help,please: and with so many guys here , i m sure to get my answers here.

my best friend is getting married in may and we are going shopping for him.

can you pls suggest what colours, cuts and styles should we opt for while choosing a

blazer for engagement

suit for wedding reception

your suggestion would be welcome before next saturday.

thks in advance

Shubbhi

P.s mods if you think this thread not appropriate for this forum, you can delete it.

one cant say anything till we know more about the person himself. his built, looks and all. and more importantly, the people who will be around in the functions. ( there can be a lot of people from his proffesional circle at times, making it a bit formal. or a whole family affair)

p.s: u going to get another person some identity crisis.rebate coz the person is gonna loose it to ur frnd???? rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaa45
can you pls suggest what colours, cuts and styles should we opt for while choosing a

blazer for engagement

suit for wedding reception

hey! just something to get you started on -> Men's Wearhouse.

granted its not a big help as you won't be able to buy anything off it due to the wedding being in India but they do have a lot of choice when it comes to cuts & styles, etc.. so it might help you decide what looks best on your friend.....
regards,
ads

millionaire at kemps corner is something i (like most others from mumbai) frequent for my blazers and the deals.
incase you're familair with peddar road, the domino's building on the back side has this guy calpled impressions whose mostly known for his imports of casual wear, he has a shop next door for blazers and suits as well.

manson.

the section in which this thread is posted is "Shifting Gears".

gud to see that people are shifting so much gears on t-bhp that it beats the purpose of having "off-topic" section too!

Hi Manaa,

Like Manson suggested Millionaire is an excellent choice large variety and decently priced. You can also try More 'n' More at Kemps Corner opp Stephen Church.

Viper

Another fabulous place for suits - Kachins at Tardeo.

GTO

and since we are visiting kemps corner why leave out Mischief (do they yet exist? been a while since i ve visited that place) and Instyle (more like our father's generation store, but stocks some real nice stuff).

manson.

You should try out Gabanna.. They have some awesone stuff...

thks all for ur replies.

will try most of the suggestions.

my friend is a mallu, ht 5.10, wheatish,

till then more suiggestions ae welcome.

shubbhi

try getting it done with a designer. I got mine done the same way. eventhough the suits are more expensive, they fit properly. more importantly the designer can hide or add bulk to the frame. (he added some bulk to me :D )

regarding the colors too, a good designer will be of great help there.

Gang,

I want to get full suit stitched. I want something like salman khan and all those khans wear. ;) Ummm, in other words I want good tailor who gives fantastic styling specially in suits. Do anyone know good Tailor's who stitch fantastic suits in Mumbai. Also, I don't wanna pay extra ordinary prices.

Cheers !!!

On the same note, any place where I can get good shirts stitched at reasonable rates?

Formal Shirts. No Salman Khan, Filmy types. lol:

Note: At this rate, the "T" in T-BHP will mean "Tailor"! Guys, lets stick to automobiles as far as possible!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
Note: At this rate, the "T" in T-BHP will mean "Tailor"! Guys, lets stick to automobiles as far as possible!! lol

At the risk of getting a slap on the wrist by a certain mod.. isn't the SHIFTING GEAR forum a place for ALL off topic discussions??lol:
As much as I hate to disagree with you Rtech.. I think this time I have to;)!