Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 00:06   #16
BHPian

Re: Mumbaikars - Are you supporting the NO TV Day on Jan 28th

Hi everybody
Great thread.
The endless crying that is shown is a pain in every part of the body.
A cricket replay shot is shown 4/5 times from different angles whereas in these soap operas a dialogue is spoken and the camera pans on all the faces of persons present sometimes as many as 10.
Incidentally as there is so much demand for tears inducing glycerine a good business to get into would be to manufacture it.
Regards
Old 13th January 2012, 01:21   #17
BHPian

Though I'm from hyderabad, I support no TV day. I Quit watching TV since 2001. I watch it once in a while when there are some special programs being aired, like top gear india special
Old 13th January 2012, 08:37   #18
BHPian

I normally do not watch TV. I am not addicted to Cricket, Reality show, dance programs and serials and then what else it available to watch.

If at all there is a day specially for no browsing or no Team BHP then i may suffer.
Old 13th January 2012, 10:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody
Great thread.
The endless crying that is shown is a pain in every part of the body.
A cricket replay shot is shown 4/5 times from different angles whereas in these soap operas a dialogue is spoken and the camera pans on all the faces of persons present sometimes as many as 10.
Incidentally as there is so much demand for tears inducing glycerine a good business to get into would be to manufacture it.
Regards
You could actually enjoy when the soap opera dialogues are echoed again and again or when the camera pans on all the faces of persons.

When my wife is watching such operas and some dialogue is echoed, I start countly loudly 1,2,3 every time the dialogue is echoed.

When the camera pans the faces of the characters, I start couting loudly 1,2,3,4,5.

She accepts that those daily soaps are stupid, but I also have to accept that those daily soaps are highly addictive (even more addivtive than nicotine/alcohol). One you start watching, the only way to get rid of the addiction is getting into a rehab.

Rohan
Old 13th January 2012, 13:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

TV is just one mode of entertainment nowadays unlike in the 90s where it was the only way of entertaining oneself.

Just because one says that he doesnt watch TV ( including people who commented above) doesnt mean they spend all the time with the families happily. The idea of the whole campaign is to spend quality time with your family.

For e.g. I do not watch TV, but I download all the English sit-coms and watch them on my system (to avoid ads and get extra time). But that doesnt mean I spend quality time with my family. We have three systems at home and two smartphones. My wife, my dad are all into comps if they dont watch TV.
Any campaign as such to stop TV, will not reach its objective unless they stop other past times like no laptop, no cellphones and no PC .

OffTopic: I am guessing if this is followed rigourously by people, then we might have the highest logons into Team-bhp.com during that day. If am not hooked on to TV I will log on to TBHP for sure.
Old 13th January 2012, 14:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nowadays watching any good English movie on HBO / Star movies has become a real test of endurance, with huge doses of ads. It's been some months since I last tried to watch a movie on above channels, and I gave up. Much easy and time saving to rent the DVD for the movie. I feel the need for a TV only when something major happens and I am hooked up on news. But rest of the times, it is just a huge bull crap.

So 28 Jan gets my full support, but so do rest of the 364 days

Last edited by ani_meher : 13th January 2012 at 14:13.
Old 14th January 2012, 22:14   #22
BHPian

I just hate all this NO days. We all have the right to do what we want.

Most Viewed