Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Great dog! She obviously owns that chair, and makes it look small too
Well that is HER chair, she will ask people to get up when she wants to sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
She seems like a giant stuff toy

Feels like cuddling her right now.What breed is that?
Hungarian sheep dog.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:44   #1517
BHPian

I'm a born dog lover.well, herez ma pet.He is a rottweiler.His KCI name is Sir Darklad. i call him Boney. Love him as anything.Infact he is a member of my family. Never seen such a lovable Rottweiler.Now he is two and a half years old. and pretty much an adult.Luv ya pal.
Pic will tell you the rest

Note from Mod : Please use proper capitalization + punctuation and avoid the use of SMS language (u, gr8, etc). Do see THIS THREAD before continuing. Thanks.

here are the pics of ma doggy.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-140408_1923.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-alert-again.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-alert-dog.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-boney-playin-5.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bny4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bny3.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bny2.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2010 at 16:13. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 29th August 2010, 06:37   #1518
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

dogs by and large are naturally chivalrous - they dont normally harm smaller pets especially when they live in the same house. bigger older dogs do discipline smaller younger dogs by nipping them now and then - much the same way our own elders used to discipline us when we were young kids.
hence, keep an eye on them all but try and leave them free - they will over some time, get used to each other without havoc.
all the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Thanks. I was trying the same as you suggested but one of the GSD is getting over hyper. Most of the times he listens to me but sometimes he get so over hyper that I hardly get time to react and he attacks the puppy. This is when the puppy irritates him a lot.

The puppy understands that he will get nicely if he does more so goes and sits in a corner for like 2 seconds and then back to action.

Actually I did not want to do this, since it will take more time for them to get along and I don't want the puppy to be hurt in my absence. You know power of GSDs, they can break open doors if they want. I never ever chain or cage any of my pets. Now if I do it, they will go wild. Once while cleaning he house I chained them with a really think chain bought from central worth 400 bucks. They broke it in less than 15 mins without even a sign or irritation.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:44   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
dogs by and large are naturally chivalrous - they dont normally harm smaller pets especially when they live in the same house. bigger older dogs do discipline smaller younger dogs by nipping them now and then - much the same way our own elders used to discipline us when we were young kids.
hence, keep an eye on them all but try and leave them free - they will over some time, get used to each other without havoc.
all the best
True again. Now they are gradually getting together and the big ones only go to the kid when he messes with them.

And I have noticed, from the time the kid has come in, the big ones have started obeying my orders I don't even have to show directions by hand, they understand by my words itself.

I guess they think if they don't obey, the kid will be more liked than them. I have 1 more task left, Potty training to the kid He does it inside the house itself. I forgot how I trained the GSDs or they learnt it themselves.

Another thing. Can someone check with their Vets and let me know how much will they charge to Trim off my 2 GSDs hair? I cheked with my vet (Cessna-C.M.H road) and they asked for 1600 only for trimming off the hair. They won't do it in weekends too. Please could someone let me know if I get someone who could do this for me a bit cheaper.

Last edited by Googleman : 30th August 2010 at 10:47.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:17   #1520
BHPian

Guys with GSD's enlighten me about the size.
How many years did your GSD take to come to adult size.
MY GSD is one year old and still very much a puppy kind.Although he has reached full breed height of 26 inches, he is yet to grow wider and fuller.
Please do post your experiences
Old 31st August 2010, 14:24   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Guys with GSD's enlighten me about the size.
How many years did your GSD take to come to adult size.
MY GSD is one year old and still very much a puppy kind.Although he has reached full breed height of 26 inches, he is yet to grow wider and fuller.
Please do post your experiences
Mine are 1.5 Years old now and have become an adult 'Physically'.

Growth depends 80% on the kind of food they eat.

EDIT - My mastiff puppy got his leg hurt yesterday, rushed from office and took him to Cessna. No fractures in X-ray but it has swollen badly. Poor baby was crying whole night and living no pain killers.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:29   #1522
BHPian

MASTIFF??? its a huge breed. DO you have pics of ur pup?
Old 31st August 2010, 14:35   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
MASTIFF??? its a huge breed. DO you have pics of ur pup?
I have pics, but not here. Forget to upload it everyday. Will do it soon. Right now the face looks similar to a lab puppy.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:01   #1524
BHPian

whats the weight of your 1.5 year old GSD googleman?
Old 1st September 2010, 11:04   #1525
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

potty training a little pup in a house where there are already bigger dogs is the easiest thing - just allow the small chap to accompany the big chaps whenever they go out. since the frequency for a small chap is more, you should use the old newspaper method as well.
dogs are very quick on the uptake so the little guy will get the idea.

GSD Hair clipping can be done also in a pet grooming place.
there is one on Castle Street or Wood Street near Richmond Road. It is run by a couple who love dogs and I think this may be a good bet for you.
Dont know the costs though.

But with Winter coming up is it worth clipping your GSD's fur? I never do it at all - I just keep them well groomed by combing/ brushing thrice a week. They bathe once a month in the current weather conditions and twice a month in summer conditions. and their coats are perfectly healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
I guess they think if they don't obey, the kid will be more liked than them. I have 1 more task left, Potty training to the kid He does it inside the house itself. I forgot how I trained the GSDs or they learnt it themselves.

Another thing. Can someone check with their Vets and let me know how much will they charge to Trim off my 2 GSDs hair? I cheked with my vet (Cessna-C.M.H road) and they asked for 1600 only for trimming off the hair. They won't do it in weekends too. Please could someone let me know if I get someone who could do this for me a bit cheaper.
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:38   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
potty training a little pup in a house where there are already bigger dogs is the easiest thing - just allow the small chap to accompany the big chaps whenever they go out. since the frequency for a small chap is more, you should use the old newspaper method as well.
dogs are very quick on the uptake so the little guy will get the idea.

GSD Hair clipping can be done also in a pet grooming place.
there is one on Castle Street or Wood Street near Richmond Road. It is run by a couple who love dogs and I think this may be a good bet for you.
Dont know the costs though.

But with Winter coming up is it worth clipping your GSD's fur? I never do it at all - I just keep them well groomed by combing/ brushing thrice a week. They bathe once a month in the current weather conditions and twice a month in summer conditions. and their coats are perfectly healthy.
I checked with the Doc. and he said there isn't any problem. He said this is the right time to get it trimmed since they are 1.6 years old now.

I am thinking to trim their hair by myself. Is it possible?
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:55   #1527
Senior - BHPian

You can buy a good quality heavy duty hair trimmer for that.It has a bracket for adjusting what size hair you want and you can just go trimming about with it.
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:37   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
You can buy a good quality heavy duty hair trimmer for that.It has a bracket for adjusting what size hair you want and you can just go trimming about with it.
Yeah I was thinking about the same. Was wondering, if the dogs would allow me to trim the hair from their body. Specially the private parts and I want to trim just hair. Just kidding.

Actually my GSDs are double coated and lots of fur. Specially the tail. It is as dense as 2 brooms kept together.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:20   #1529
nbr
BHPian

Have a 3 years old ferocious boxer named Jimmy !
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:10   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Have a 3 years old ferocious boxer named Jimmy !
And what would you take to upload Jimmy pics.
Upload the pics buddy.Slowly this thread is going towards more of talk and no pics.Would love to see your boxer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks