Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 23:31   #1576
BHPian

^^Thats one elegant lab.
What colour is he? Its neither fawn nor chocolate.Love that colour.

How old is Rooney?
Old 15th September 2010, 13:02   #1577
BHPian

Calcium supplements and Royal Canine meal at 6am, a brisk walk and after the morning constitutional, SNOOZZZZZZZZZE

Team-BHPians and their Pets-60353_1609428152643_1144380713_1717567_6792530_n.jpg
Old 15th September 2010, 13:06   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Calcium supplements and Royal Canine meal at 6am, a brisk walk and after the morning constitutional, SNOOZZZZZZZZZE

Attachment 424090
hey buddy, can you share the calcium tablet's brand name? I use the one which costs around 400 for 60 tablets, forgot the name.

Also I have a doubt, do you give it to your boy everytime? or only when you feel he has lack of calcium? eating mud is one sign I guess?
Old 15th September 2010, 17:55   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
^^Thats one elegant lab.
What colour is he? Its neither fawn nor chocolate.Love that colour.

How old is Rooney?
Thanks alter_ego. He is 1.5 years old. Regarding the colour, I too am not sure. I thought it was fawn. He is a labrador dudley. I have seen similar coat colour in other dudlies. Even his father looks the same.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:15   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Thanks alter_ego. He is 1.5 years old. Regarding the colour, I too am not sure. I thought it was fawn. He is a labrador dudley. I have seen similar coat colour in other dudlies. Even his father looks the same.
Showed the pic to my vet when he visited my home yesterday and I also had no idea of what a dudley is.As per him your lab has one of the rarest colours.
Fawn is actually a lighter yellowish variant of brown .Rooney has a chocolate mix added to his coat too.Priceless
Old 16th September 2010, 15:19   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
The second last pic is outstanding.... it looks like he is being scolded for something (maybe sitting on the sofa? ) and is trying to assuage the scolder by putting on that innocent, pleading expression that dogs can turn on and off so easily. This expression is particularly brought into play while begging for food.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:11   #1582
BHPian

Thats what they do 50% of their time.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-pets.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 10:33   #1583
BHPian

Here are some puppies which my friend's pet gave birth to. Found them too cute and thought everyone would love seeing them hence posting.

And here is Pooch also called Pooh

Sorry Mods, could not merge this one. Time was up, please merge to my previous reply if possible.

Last edited by Googleman : 17th September 2010 at 10:39.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:37   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't see videos yet, but that pic of the three dogs having good fun is wonderful!
Old 19th September 2010, 17:01   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Showed the pic to my vet when he visited my home yesterday and I also had no idea of what a dudley is.As per him your lab has one of the rarest colours.
Fawn is actually a lighter yellowish variant of brown .Rooney has a chocolate mix added to his coat too.Priceless
A dudley lab is a labrador retriever that lacks pigmentation on the eyes, eye rims, muzzle and nose. This is a genetic trait that is very rare and affects only the yellow labs. This cannot be considered as a genetic anomaly (as per some).
Usually yellow labs have black pigmentation on the above mentioned areas.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:18   #1586
BaldOwl

Stray Mudhol Hound

One of my friends send me these videos. He is a dog lover and found this beautiful animal wandering around with strays in a garbage heap on his way home from work. Since he didnt have a camera he took some videos. He looked around talked to people and was told he does not belong to anyone. He looked healthy but had a slight limp in his right hind leg. He is trying to find whether anyone is ready to adopt this dog. He is not able to do so as they dont allow dogs in the apartment he resides.

Please if someone is out there, my friend is ready to give all the help he can.

Old 25th September 2010, 13:30   #1587
BHPian

R.I.P Turbo.. he was not even one year old, a very friendly and lovable cat. :(Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0053-medium.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_1732-medium.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0214-medium.jpg
Old 25th September 2010, 13:51   #1588
Distinguished - BHPian

Very sad. Condolences.

A cat has to survive so many risks here.

I wonder how dangerous snakes are to cats? It seems we have a snake coming to our garden now. I'm glad if it gets rid of the rats, which the cats can't be bothered to do, but I worry about risks to the cats.
Old 25th September 2010, 15:12   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I wonder how dangerous snakes are to cats? It seems we have a snake coming to our garden now. I'm glad if it gets rid of the rats, which the cats can't be bothered to do, but I worry about risks to the cats.
Snakes are dangerous.I lost my 8 month old boxer when he was bitten by a poisonous snake when I was playing with him in the woods when I was kid.Never forgave myself when I realized that he tried to ward away the snake to protect me. :(
Old 25th September 2010, 16:26   #1590
BHPian

I found his body today morning in the park outside my house, and he was all wet, seems like he drowned somewhere and then caught a cold.. Dont know how it happened, no clue, but he tried his best to reach home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks