Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 12:43   #1636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
This thread is beautiful, and the two posts above are what make this thread so special.
I have a query, my 1.5 years old Lhasa does something strange once in a while. When he is playing with me on a bed or a carpet, he lays his head down by his side (his cheeks touching the ground) and starts to dig with his front paws in a circular manner (sideways) if you know what I mean.
Earlier, he just used to dig with his front paws standing straight which is normal I think but, lately he started this "head touching the ground while digging" as well. Is it something to worry about?
I checked for fleas, ticks or ear infections.
I don't know much, but if your dog is acting normal and eating normally apart from the above mentioned antic I feel there should be nothing to worry. Of course getting an expert opinion is best.
Old 18th November 2010, 13:52   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
I understand your agony Rocky. Well mistakes do happen but the way we react to them makes the difference. And yes the look in their eyes can haunt some one who really likes animals.

For you the pain will subside once you see the pup running again and playing with its brothers and sisters or in some adopted family, if that happens.
Thanks for the comforting words, vamsi.
I understand how it would have felt seeing a pup like that on the road. I havent heard from the CUPA folks (will probably never), but am planning a visit sometime next week to see how the champ is doing.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 18th November 2010 at 13:55.
Old 18th November 2010, 15:08   #1638
Senior - BHPian

EID holiday well spent for my "fishes"

"Ouch, oops, hell, damn, I should have been more careful, Sh*t this is gonna spoil my EID holiday" & so were my *nice* thoughts when I chipped & cracked front glass of my 28x17x17 (8mm) aquarium during routine quarterly complete cleanup.
The job was lined up long before diwali & so I decided to do the job on EID holiday. A regular clean up should take about one hour but tsk tsk tsk.... (beat me up)
Team-BHPians and their Pets-10112010666.jpg
My better half loooked at me emphatically & sighed at her day long plans. Knowing that I was already down in dooldrums, she politely excused herself to bedroom for a lazy day ahead.
After cursing myself for eternity I quickly redrew my salvage plans. Got into my 'civilised' clothes, rushed to the nearest hardware shop & picked up the silicon tube gun (mine had broken the lever in my last project) & then to the glass house.
"Sh**t its closed, now what!!" my mind spins.
I call home, Tell my missus to put air pump pipe in the bucket, where the fishes were. She does it & comes back telling me to check it as soonest as I'm home (well she sounded quite detached, knowing his honours had done everything to spoil her mid-week holiday). I'm more worried now. Those are big buggers & will take some time to die but the bucket is too small for all of them. Another thing strikes me like a meteor, I had forgotten to cover the bucket. What if one of the big "guys" makes a hasty jump & lands on the floor. I rush back home, fill another bucket & transfer the "guys" evenly & cover it with glass shelves.
My wifey eyes me from the corners of her eye & I return the gesture. Who wanna (Aaa bail mujhe maar)!!
The phone rings, its an unknown number, I pick it up after few looong rings. 'Hail Allah' its the glass shop guy. He had seen me driving away, so he opened his shop, looked for my number & had called me. I'm his regular customer who buys glass for making aquariums so we had shared numbers. 'Hail Allah' once again. I tell him the dimesions & rush to pick the piece. By the time I pull in front of his shop its cut, edges polished & ready.
Heaving sigh of relief, I return home & start cutting the chipped piece out. All is going well till the extra strong paper cutter blade swipes & makes it target for the middle finger of my left hand. Sh*t its red & bleeding. I rush for the tap, then to fridge for savlon & then a hasty one for my wallet. Pull out a band-aid & voila I'm back in action.
Two hours later the new glass is fixed, room STINKS of silicon & my missus has doozed off. I wash, change the dressing & spread out on bed. Its 1330 says smith's clock. I fix an hour later alarm & dooz off too.
1500 hours onwards in the service of "Her majesty". (Let em teel you boys! the silicon needs some time to dry & so does my wifey to prep back)
The fish tank damages 250, Wifey damages "dont even ask" (Diwala nikal gaya aur bakra cut gaya)

"Fishes are beautiful"

Raab Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 18th November 2010 at 15:16.
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:59   #1639

Nice thread,
I love pets and have worked with a few animal welfare organizations as well as a volunteer. Pets are the best way to unwind and lift your mood, (after cars and bikes i.e)
I have a Cocker Spaniel named Pepper, 3 Cats all rescued as kittens, Chi Chi, Ginger and Snowbell. 1 Salamander, 4 Fish tanks.

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2010, 07:57   #1640
BHPian

Guys, my dog has a skin infection near his head. Took him to the doc, who cut the hair around that part so that it's easier to apply the medicines he prescribed. Now, the problem is that my dog sometimes feels itchy and starts to scratch that part resulting in the skin turning red. Once, it also bled for a few minutes. Any pointers on how to cover that or maybe on how to prevent him from scratching?
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:58   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Guys, my dog has a skin infection near his head. Took him to the doc, who cut the hair around that part so that it's easier to apply the medicines he prescribed. Now, the problem is that my dog sometimes feels itchy and starts to scratch that part resulting in the skin turning red. Once, it also bled for a few minutes. Any pointers on how to cover that or maybe on how to prevent him from scratching?
Put a sock on the legs, they feel restless when medicenes are applied an often they either lick it off or sctrach it. best option is to put a sock.

Pramod
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:17   #1642
BHPian

Same here, my lab has kind of infection behind both ears, its the size of one rupee coin. No more hair in that area bcos of her scratching. She keeps scra She also has a foul smell around it. My Vet is out of town coming back this weekend. Anything I can do till then?

Or should I run to another vet?
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:13   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Use the cream kiskin.Its a general use skin cream which helps treating all skin problems.And run to another vet as well.

PS.i have always found that Govt vets are far far better than private ones.Every dog that we have had in the past, it has been the govt vet who has diagnosed and gave proper treatment to the dog.Unlike the private ones.
Key is to show at the govt hospital and not their private clinics.
Old 27th November 2010, 00:17   #1644
BHPian

Happy Leo.

Introducing "Happy Leo" gifted to my son on his birthday in Oct 2010.He is a hyper active fellow and behaves like a small kid.So far he has not dirtied his sleeping box.Gives warning whenever he wants to go out for toilet.
Unfortunately he injured his left eye while pulling some book from the bed side table. Corner of a visiting card holder must have striked his eye.I am not at home now.Mywife took him to a vet and is applying eye dropss. But she told me that there is some damage to the cornea.No indication of any pain or discharge from the eye.He is active as ever.Any vet here or any one who faced such a situation,please let me know what I can do further.He is 4 months old now.Photos attached are taken last month before the injury.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01925.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01927.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01937.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01945.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01954.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01956.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01981.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01985.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc02008.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-photos-oct2010-111.jpg  

Old 27th November 2010, 00:32   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
Introducing "Happy Leo" .

Ohhh he so ugly and cute , how much did you pay for him?

Pramod
Old 27th November 2010, 03:05   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

He is great --- and it is wonderful that he is house-trained already.

Best wishes with his eye. All you can do is go with the vet recommendation.
Old 27th November 2010, 12:42   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Ohhh he so ugly and cute , how much did you pay for him?

Pramod
I paid 20K for him at Tvm.
Old 29th November 2010, 02:13   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I paid 20K for him at Tvm.

Really nice, I have a boxer and a Lab both brought from TVM. Take him to the Govt vet hospital near the planetarium. They are the best in town better than city vets and all they charge is 5 bucks

Pramod
Old 29th November 2010, 13:35   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Really nice, I have a boxer and a Lab both brought from TVM. Take him to the Govt vet hospital near the planetarium. They are the best in town better than city vets and all they charge is 5 bucks

Pramod
Pramod,
Where exactly near plaetarium.Is it on the PMG - Kunnukuzi road?If so it is more convenient for us.We took him for first vaccination to a private doctor near Pangodu.
Old 29th November 2010, 17:21   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pramod,
Where exactly near plaetarium.Is it on the PMG - Kunnukuzi road?If so it is more convenient for us.We took him for first vaccination to a private doctor near Pangodu.

Its bang opposite to the planetarium.

Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks