Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 16:11   #1801
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Folks,
I have a 9 month old pug. Around 4 months back he had an attack of Epilepsy??? as per the vet.He had disorientation, whining noise ,fluid from mouth, stiff legs etc.He is a fully healthy pup with all certification, vaccines etc. We had to rush him to the vet and he had IV etc and he is fine now.
Once in a way we find that his body shudders, etc but not as bad the first episode.
Kindly advice.

tx
Old 7th March 2011, 17:16   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
That sounds too crazy to be true!! All rental agreements have a one month notice clause from either side.

And you moved every month in the last 6 months?!!!
That's true!!!! Rental agreement and clauses are only for tenants here, not for ownere and Tenants can not fight owners at any cost.

Not every month. There was one month where I had to change 3 houses in Koramangla. Forget this, I know a girl who had to vacate the house the day she moved in because she had 2 cats. They don't even leave girls....
Old 7th March 2011, 17:53   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post

@ Dreams- You are doing the right thing. Hope you take this as a learning and next time anyone adopts a puppy, think 10 times, it is a lifetime responsibility.
Hi All,

I went through these posts and have the following suggestion to make :

All pet owners in the colony can get together to organize a dog boarding in the apartment complex / colony.

You can hire a trained dog sitter to do the chores for the animals, play with them, provide basic training etc.

This makes sense if the number of pets is 4 or more. Beyond 7, you will need another hand to keep the animals occupied if you want to leave the pets uncaged.

We have introduced this concept in many areas in Delhi with keen assistance from the local vets.

It has been observed that cats and dogs gel well after a few days' of co-existing.

My husband is into Veterinary Pharmaceuticals with his own brand of dog biscuits. We interact very closely with animals and pet owners and the above have been inferred after observing house dogs very closely in today's urban society.

May be advisable to start a facebook page for local pet owners in each city where they can interact informally, besides interactions at Dog Shows.

Getting a pet is actually adding another member to the family and needs the same level of commitment. Most of us are aware prior to making the decision to get a pet into the family. However, there can be compelling circumstances which force us to give the pet for adoption; which is better than abandoning the pet or leaving it neglected.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 7th March 2011 at 18:05.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:03   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Hi All,

I went through these posts and have the following suggestion to make :

All pet owners in the colony can get together to organize a dog boarding in the apartment complex / colony.
What would you mean by boarding? meaning giving them a place to play and stay for a change?

I have been a dog/cat/reptile rescuer in Bangalore from quite sometime (Just Dial directs the calls to us) IMHO most people here get pets just for fancy and later repent. They keep their pets in a very dirty and ignorant way because they can not afford to give such amount of time. It's a busy life out here you see...!
Old 7th March 2011, 18:20   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
What would you mean by boarding? meaning giving them a place to play and stay for a change?

I have been a dog/cat/reptile rescuer in Bangalore from quite sometime (Just Dial directs the calls to us) IMHO most people here get pets just for fancy and later repent. They keep their pets in a very dirty and ignorant way because they can not afford to give such amount of time. It's a busy life out here you see...!
# yes, I meant a dog boarding.

# My deep respects to you for taking up pet rescue on a serious note

# Adding a pet to your home is no fanciful hobby, I agree 100%.
Old 18th March 2011, 08:41   #1806
Distinguished - BHPian

A video from Japan, after the Tsunami..

Dog in Japan stays by the side of its ailing friend in the rubble - Yahoo! News
Old 18th March 2011, 12:42   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
thanks for sharing; its very touching. it was a relief to know they were rescued
Old 18th March 2011, 13:17   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Folks,
I have a 9 month old pug. Around 4 months back he had an attack of Epilepsy??? as per the vet.He had disorientation, whining noise ,fluid from mouth, stiff legs etc.He is a fully healthy pup with all certification, vaccines etc. We had to rush him to the vet and he had IV etc and he is fine now.
Once in a way we find that his body shudders, etc but not as bad the first episode.
Kindly advice.

tx

What does the Vet say?

I have experienced this with my Late Golden Retriever.But she lived healthy till her last.Don't worry.It might have been a case of not deworming in time.Take care and follow what the vet says and please deworm the dog in time.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:45   #1809
BANNED

Quote:

I would like to join you on some weekends, observe and learn a few things myself.

Would you mind sharing your cell number on PM? I would like to stay in touch.

Thanks

--Ragul
Old 18th March 2011, 19:01   #1810
Senior - BHPian

A Cat has given birth to a litter of kittens with assorted colors ! (Grey,golden and Black).
on my roof top lol!
Anyone in Bangalore Interested? :P
Old 18th March 2011, 19:20   #1811
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
A Cat has given birth to a litter of kittens with assorted colors ! (Grey,golden and Black).
on my roof top lol!
Anyone in Bangalore Interested? :P
If its a male cat in the bunch and you are willing to wait for 2 months till May.

Reason being I live alone and need cats that are independent. I may be away for 15 to 20 days at a time and they should manage.

Can you post a pic?

Thanks
Old 18th March 2011, 21:15   #1812
BHPian

Guys,

A stray kitten about 2-3 months old stays in my apartment and i feed him rice and milk, But i somehow feel that even though the kitten is hungry, He just drinks half the milk in his bowl and eats the rice very rarely, It seems like he's loosing weight and his tummy looks as if there is nothing inside.

I've seen him munching on a rat a few days back, Should i feed him something else or the milk that he drinks is enough?
Old 18th March 2011, 22:08   #1813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys,

A stray kitten about 2-3 months old stays in my apartment and i feed him rice and milk, But i somehow feel that even though the kitten is hungry, He just drinks half the milk in his bowl and eats the rice very rarely, It seems like he's loosing weight and his tummy looks as if there is nothing inside.

I've seen him munching on a rat a few days back, Should i feed him something else or the milk that he drinks is enough?
Get some chicken, cut it up into small pieces and feed him. Dont need to boil it, and better with the bones. Cats and their tummies are much much stronger than us. Avoid milk - cats are actually lactose intolerant. Its a myth that cats love cow's milk - this happens only if the kitten is fed cow's milk from birth.

Avoid ride - its nothing but carbs. Give it chicken (but not too much or you'll bind its stomach). Give just enough chicken so you know it wont go hungry for the night. The rest of the time, it should learn to fend for itself (if you're not adopting him, that is).
Old 19th March 2011, 11:51   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Get some chicken, cut it up into small pieces and feed him. Dont need to boil it, and better with the bones. Cats and their tummies are much much stronger than us. Avoid milk - cats are actually lactose intolerant. Its a myth that cats love cow's milk - this happens only if the kitten is fed cow's milk from birth.

Avoid ride - its nothing but carbs. Give it chicken (but not too much or you'll bind its stomach). Give just enough chicken so you know it wont go hungry for the night. The rest of the time, it should learn to fend for itself (if you're not adopting him, that is).
Cats do not need carbohydrates unlike dogs who thrive on them. Cats will take raw meat and fish with relish. If you are a fish eater, give the cats the left over bones, else you can treat it to some fish head. Raw chicken entails - guts, liver, heart etc are another favourite cat treat.
Old 19th March 2011, 13:06   #1815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Cats do not need carbohydrates unlike dogs who thrive on them. Cats will take raw meat and fish with relish. If you are a fish eater, give the cats the left over bones, else you can treat it to some fish head. Raw chicken entails - guts, liver, heart etc are another favourite cat treat.
Yep, you're right. But my cat takes the stuff and eats it underneath my couch. and then leaves it there for eternity (or until the maid comes - which is eternity!).

Its a natural trait I guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks