Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 15:31   #2371
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
He's home finally! After a wait of nearly 4 months i got my Rottweiler puppy. He's 45 days old, naughty, wants to chew everything, pees everywhere he pleases, poops as he likes, but makes everyone happy!

He's my first dog ever, now its the break in period for both of us! I haven't named him yet, which i plan to do very soon, please suggest some names.

I haven't clicked any better shots yet, so sharing what i have clicked with my phone.

I'm feeding him RC Puppy Starter pack and milk, but wish to change over to home food. Suggest what i can feed him at this stage. The breeder has given me a chart, but want to hear more suggestions.
congrats Sankar.. so he finally arrived Wishing you a long and enjoyable time with your rott. Do post some more pics, longing to see more of him.

I suggest you retain him on RC (at least 1 out of 2 of the day's meals should be RC) until he achieves full/nearly full physical growth. No other diet can provide as many nutrients as professional dog food. Did you pay a visit to the Vet?

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th November 2011 at 15:34.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:45   #2372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
P.S. I am also a dog lover.At present i have two Labradors
One Black and one creamish in color.
The black one is lara she is 5 years old and the cream one is victor he is 3 and a half years of age. For all those who have been visiting this thread regularly i had posted the pics of my dogs before from my older account which got hacked and hence im here once again sharing the pics of my mates

Here are the pics although most are of victors childhood:-
This guy is HILARIOUS!!!!
super cute, and quite camera friendly too!!
most of the pics are quite worthy of icanhasahotdog.com.
Old 4th November 2011, 17:27   #2373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the pics although most are of victors childhood:-
Victor's first pic is on my desktop mate. Hope you don't mind. I have never seen a more cute lab puppy. Thanks so much for sharing them. Hope you post some more.
Old 4th November 2011, 19:22   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
super cute, and quite camera friendly too!!
most of the pics are quite worthy of icanhasahotdog.com.
Thanks Mayank , i know he was mad as a child and he still is pretty insane. These days he has fallen in love with tennis balls all over again !!
I dont know from where he has arranged them but he has a ball in each and every room of the house :P
I didn't know about that site will check it out right now , thanks for sharing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Victor's first pic is on my desktop mate. Hope you don't mind. I have never seen a more cute lab puppy. Thanks so much for sharing them. Hope you post some more.
Its my pleasure Doc that you liked his pics and as he is sitting besides me wagging his tale so im pretty sure he is cool with it to :P
Will post more pics as soon as he is ready to get some clicked .

P.S. Congratulations Sankar on getting your first puppy and that to a Rottweiler . Please do post more pics .

Last edited by Enigmatic : 4th November 2011 at 19:27.
Old 4th November 2011, 19:59   #2375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Congratulations Sankar on getting your first puppy and that to a Rottweiler . Please do post more pics .
Thanks! Sure will post better pics tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
congrats Sankar.. so he finally arrived Wishing you a long and enjoyable time with your rott. Do post some more pics, longing to see more of him.

I suggest you retain him on RC (at least 1 out of 2 of the day's meals should be RC) until he achieves full/nearly full physical growth. No other diet can provide as many nutrients as professional dog food. Did you pay a visit to the Vet?
Thanks Karthikk! Problem is that he is not eating RC much, takes few pieces and goes off to finish it off with milk/water. Wondering if he's not liking it. Gave him little bit of plain rice with some milk this evening. Breeder also suggested cerelac/farex, bread and ragi for the time being.

He's pooping well, solid and in good amount.

Vet did visit while he was with his litter mates, but not after i got him, the date is given for the next visit.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 22:07   #2376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
True

He also has that knowing look.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 01:40   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic

These days he has fallen in love with tennis balls all over again !!
I dont know from where he has arranged them but he has a ball in each and every room of the house :P

Super pics!

I read somewhere that tennis balls are not really recommended for pets. The green felt may pose some health problems. A good quality solid rubber ball maybe?
Problem is that once they identify a toy they just don't wanna let it know and neither do accept other toys.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:33   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Few pics of my dude.. Took this morning after his daily dose of morning fun. He's eating RC starter now without complaining.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0263.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0266.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0271.jpg
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 13:55   #2379
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets-doggie.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-tia.jpg

My doggies early pictures, one is when she was born and later when Tia accompanied with us for our first trip to Hosur in the Car.
ukderebail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 13:12   #2380
BHPian

Teach a Jack Russel to walk on a leash

Anyone with an experience of Jack Russel's here? I have a 1 year old JRT who is very well behaved (as far as JRT's go!) but I just cannot get him to walk properly on a leash, running is fine! Any specific inputs?
Old 7th November 2011, 13:42   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Super pics!

I read somewhere that tennis balls are not really recommended for pets. The green felt may pose some health problems. A good quality solid rubber ball maybe?
Problem is that once they identify a toy they just don't wanna let it know and neither do accept other toys.
Oh is that so !!..
I didn't know , as soon as im back home i will replace all his tennis balls with good quality rubber balls for sure ..Thanks once again blacksta
Old 7th November 2011, 16:19   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
He's home finally! After a wait of nearly 4 months i got my Rottweiler puppy. He's 45 days old, naughty, wants to chew everything, pees everywhere he pleases, poops as he likes, but makes everyone happy!
He is a cutie Sankar! Happy for you.

Please do bear in mind that Rottweilers are a bit aggressive in nature when grown up. Hence, discipline is important (read: Critical!) right from his puppy days. As with all the breeds, he should be socialized and trained early. Hope you have a lifetime of love and happiness from him and he from you

Last edited by _raVan_ : 7th November 2011 at 16:22.
Old 7th November 2011, 22:26   #2383
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Teach a Jack Russel to walk on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Anyone with an experience of Jack Russel's here? I have a 1 year old JRT who is very well behaved (as far as JRT's go!) but I just cannot get him to walk properly on a leash, running is fine! Any specific inputs?
They are absurdly courageous and will take on something ten times their size without a moment's though. I wouldn't mess with a Jack Russell: having one attached to the ankle is a painful experience!

No training hints, but a request ... to post a pic of your JRT please?
Old 8th November 2011, 09:06   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They are absurdly courageous and will take on something ten times their size without a moment's though. I wouldn't mess with a Jack Russell: having one attached to the ankle is a painful experience!

No training hints, but a request ... to post a pic of your JRT please?
Ankle!! Young Rocket goes for the family jewels!! Some pictures as asked. The first two are current and the rest when he was about 5 months old.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-8nov111c.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-8nov112c.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-baby-rocket-diwali-2010.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-baby-rocket-2-diwali-2010.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-baby-rocket-3-diwali-2010.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-baby-rocket-4-diwali-2010c.jpg  

rmonie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 18:23   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Ankle!! Young Rocket goes for the family jewels!! Some pictures as asked. The first two are current and the rest when he was about 5 months old.
That's a great looking dog. The picture of him walking has an air of nonchalance and seems as if he is saying " Who the hell has come into my kingdom"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks