Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 22:42   #2446
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Guys,

I lost my dog today. closed his eyes at 6pm, Bruno my strength and part of my life. 6 years old left us all due to his heart which got enlarged and ended his 2 week suffering and battle with life.

R.I.P. Bruno, to me your always no.1 Miss you forever...........

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-picture-184.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img00213201106120915.jpg  

sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 23:44   #2447
Distinguished - BHPian

That is so sad, especially at such a young age.
Old 16th December 2011, 06:02   #2448
Distinguished - BHPian

Sajan, hang in there. Cant believe all this happened in the last couple of weeks.

I know that even after 2 years, neither you nor I have been able to forget Junior, who was with us for just one year. And Bruno has been with you for 6 years now .. It is going to be tough .. but you will need to stand through this.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 15:15   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Sajan, hang in there. Cant believe all this happened in the last couple of weeks.

I know that even after 2 years, neither you nor I have been able to forget Junior, who was with us for just one year. And Bruno has been with you for 6 years now .. It is going to be tough .. but you will need to stand through this.
Thanks for all the support and for being there all these days. House is all quite and he left a huge space and went. He came like a king, lived like a king and died like a king. R.I.P. Bruno.

-Sajan
Old 16th December 2011, 15:20   #2450
Distinguished - BHPian

Sajands, sorry about this man!
About the "king" bit, I think the picture with the football, it looks royal, oozing it actually.
hang in there.
Old 17th December 2011, 10:53   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Sajands, sorry about this man!
About the "king" bit, I think the picture with the football, it looks royal, oozing it actually.
hang in there.
Thanks mayankk, your correct, in fact i would say royal king, left me with loads of memories even during this last mins, made lots of naughty stuff and then closed his eyes.

-Sajan
Old 18th December 2011, 12:16   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Hey googleman, how heavy is this fellow. He looks very hairy
I have not got him to a vet recently *touchwood* but he is heavy... He's a double coat one so yes, hairy too. Actually he has heavy bones, not much fat in his body. He has maintained himself

If I give him something which will cross his diet routine, he leaves it. Very conscious about his health
Old 18th December 2011, 20:25   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Guys,

I lost my dog today. closed his eyes at 6pm, Bruno my strength and part of my life. 6 years old left us all due to his heart which got enlarged and ended his 2 week suffering and battle with life.

R.I.P. Bruno, to me your always no.1 Miss you forever...........

-Sajan
R.I.P Bruno. He was so good looking. Loosing him after 6 years :-( such a difficult time it would be.

I know no other pet will take Bruno's place, but you can consider bringing a new baby home.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:45   #2454
BHPian

Sajan: May you have the strength to move on. He will always be there
Old 19th December 2011, 08:18   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
R.I.P Bruno. He was so good looking. Loosing him after 6 years :-( such a difficult time it would be.

I know no other pet will take Bruno's place, but you can consider bringing a new baby home.
Googleman,

Thanks for kind words, he has in fact left a huge vacuum at home that I don't think I can ever find a another bruno like him.

We are not in a state to get another baby home yet, he was my 1st baby and I need lots of time to heal, his loss has actually hit me really hard, problem with an new baby at home is, we tend to automatically compare him with the older one and when you see that the new one is not being like the previous dog, you tend to have a certain mixed feelings for him and may also not show the same love as before and I don't want any new person who comes into our home to fill the gap get disappointed or deprived of love.

As I said before, we are still in mourning and letting time heal us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Sajan: May you have the strength to move on. He will always be there
Thank you madbullram, I truly believe he is with us forever.

-Sajan

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th December 2011 at 10:12. Reason: merging post
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:58   #2456
BHPian

**urgent**

Hello everyone,

I need your advice.

I have a GSD, and last week a man entered my house compound and was the first victim of my dog. I reached just on time when Zozo was about to get hold of his hand. Pulled him back instantly, but until then his teeth already made a mark on the man's hand. Anyways, that matter has been taken care of.

Now, I see Zozo has become quite confident about his attacking skills and now he has started suspecting people. A lot of workers pass by and when they have something in their hand, Zozo gets offended and tries to attack them. This is when I take him out on walks, and since he is leashed, his intentions are in vain.

I love him and want to see him happy, playing around. So I take him in the morning around a Kilometer away in an isolated place (farms) and leave him loose on leash, so that he can run around and play. Today while he was doing this an unlucky street dog caught his eyes. Zozo ran to the dog and the dog was already scared and surrendered himself. Zozo had ran away quite far so it was taking time for me to reach him, and during this interval Zozo caught hold of the street dog's neck and IT WAS BRUTAL. I have never seen this form of Zozo, and it really shook me. The street dog was in blood and Zozo was in no plans of leaving him at all. He had caught hold of the dog's neck like I have seen Tigers doing to Deers in Discovery channel. By this time, the dog was unconscious I guess, and he had stopped crying.

I reached and caught hold of Zozo's choke tag, and pulled him. He had already caught good grip on the street dog's neck and while I was pulling Zozo, the dog was also getting pulled. Somehow after beating Zozo a lot, he left the dog and I could see blood all over. Zozo's mouth was also in blood. The scene was so scary, I was scared to interfere this fight, but to save the other dog's life I thought it is ok if I take a few bites, but had to save him.

After Zozo released him, the dog got up and ran away. After keeping Zozo aside I went back to check the dog, but he was out of scene and I could not search him. Poor soul.

While I am feeling sad for the stray, I am feeling sad for Zozo too. What has he become. So brutal and heartless. It is not that I have kept him isolated out of the world. I take him for walks thrice or four times a day. He has stayed from birth till 1.5 years with my 2 other dogs, so he has stayed with other dogs too. A lot of friends come home and Zozo has never done anything to them

What is it that has made him so violent lately?
Should I hire a trainer? Will that help? I am not a noob in term of understanding dogs. I have had quite a pretty experience of owning dogs since childhood.
Should I get him neutered? he is around 1.8 years old, never mated.
Any suggestions.. I just want Zozo to be as cool as he can. I have kept him as my Son, and don't matter even a thief breaks into the house and Zozo sits quietly.

Really sad today :-(

Last edited by Googleman : 22nd December 2011 at 19:09.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:17   #2457
BHPian

Re: **urgent**

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I need your advice.

I have a GSD, and last week a man entered my house compound and was the first victim of my dog. I reached just on time when Zozo was about to get hold of his hand. Pulled him back instantly, but until then his teeth already made a mark on the man's hand. Anyways, that matter has been taken care of.

Now, I see Zozo has become quite confident about his attacking skills and now he has started suspecting people. A lot of workers pass by and when they have something in their hand, Zozo gets offended and tries to attack them. This is when I take him out on walks, and since he is leashed, his intentions are in vain.
Hi Googleman,

the similar happened to my dog all of a sudden, when it was due for mating with my sisters Dog, a person jumped in my compound(at my home town) i thought that these was due to the place change, later after the mate it became normal, but i guess this is not the same case with your GS.

i guess till your dog settles down with that anger take him for a walk with the leash( and did he tasted the blood of the guy who jumped in)

will send you the details in a msg.

i have already spoken with him and he said he can solve the problem for your fella. just speak with him.. the no. is correct.

regards
suresh

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th January 2012 at 12:34. Reason: Please DO NOT quote large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:43   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Hi Googleman,

the similar happened to my dog all of a sudden, when it was due for mating with my sisters Dog, a person jumped in my compound(at my home town) i thought that these was due to the place change, later after the mate it became normal, but i guess this is not the same case with your GS.

i guess till your dog settles down with that anger take him for a walk with the leash( and did he tasted the blood of the guy who jumped in)

will send you the details in a msg.

i have already spoken with him and he said he can solve the problem for your fella. just speak with him.. the no. is correct.

regards
suresh
Thank you so much, yes he tasted the blood of the Man, and the dog's too.

I don't know if I can call it anger, because he is very very normal inside the house. Right now he is sleeping so peacefully. I think he is really satisfied after what he did to the stray..

Another thing just hit my mind now.

I am giving him boiled beef-keema around 400gms a day, from a week. Is this the reason?

Last edited by Googleman : 22nd December 2011 at 19:53.
Old 23rd December 2011, 00:16   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much, yes he tasted the blood of the Man, and the dog's too.

I don't know if I can call it anger, because he is very very normal inside the house. Right now he is sleeping so peacefully. I think he is really satisfied after what he did to the stray..

Another thing just hit my mind now.

I am giving him boiled beef-keema around 400gms a day, from a week. Is this the reason?
that might be one one reason but cant tell or comment. but ensure that your dog doesn't taste the blood of a dog or a man, since they will intend to like the blood which they come to know that they will only get if they attack some one and becomes more aggressive

try to avoid the meat food for some days and ensure that there are no traces of the blood in your house, and don't take him to the farm where it attacked the stray dog try to take him to some other place or avoid for some days.
Old 23rd December 2011, 01:56   #2460
Distinguished - BHPian

Meat is natural food for dogs (and cats). Vegetarian diet is unnatural. It is not like us: we have a choice, and can look after our health whichever diet we select. I do not believe that a veg diet should ever be put on these animals. I do not believe that eating meat makes them aggressive.

Yes, this is very much my personal opinion: I know others hold other views. I hold it pretty strongly though!

Googleman, I really hope that you and your dog find a solution to this bad situation. I know that a neutered tomcat is less likely to roam and fight, but I do not have much dog experience.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks