Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 10:11   #2641
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Taming Glutton after one of his night attacks of raucous barking (I know guys, Maneka Gandhi's soul will never forgive me for this).

Attachment 916812

Keep posting guys.

Regards,
SJD.
I think you don't deserve to own a pet,my personal opinion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2012 at 12:38. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language on this forum please
Old 17th April 2012, 10:23   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taming Glutton after one of his night attacks of raucous barking (I know guys, Maneka Gandhi's soul will never forgive me for this).

Attachment 916812
forget about Menaka Gandhi, i'll never forgive you for what you've done in the last picture! would you do that to your kid if he/she cried all night?

also, please don't use a shoe string or nada; get a muzzle.
Old 17th April 2012, 12:09   #2643
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
SJD.
Is this for real??
Wanted to use some expletives but not allowed on this forum.

Really feeling ashamed to be called a human now

Last edited by Alter_Ego : 17th April 2012 at 12:15.
Old 17th April 2012, 12:39   #2644
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 916812

Keep posting guys.

Regards,
SJD.
How could you! My eyes are moist looking at that poor soul!
Old 17th April 2012, 12:50   #2645
BHPian

What made you so cruel?First you wanted to kill him because he was sick, then this?. Pity you.
Old 17th April 2012, 12:57   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

Regards,
SJD.
Dude, one word please tell me that you did this to him only once, how can you think of doing such a thing to a poor pup, that's not a way to tame a pup. Its like putting your kids in a dark room for days just because they cry all night.

-Sajan
Old 17th April 2012, 13:10   #2647
Distinguished - BHPian

Sjd: what, man?
He looked better in the sickness picture than in that last one you put.

For shame. ...
Old 17th April 2012, 13:24   #2648
BHPian

SJD if you cannot take care of the dog please post here and many people will happily volunteer for it. Please don't treat him like that, remember no one will be as faithful to you as him atleast no human being.
Old 17th April 2012, 13:27   #2649
Distinguished - BHPian

SJD Please please never do this again to that poor pup. You should read some articles on how to keep a pet, ask members here or talk to your VET. Otherwise give the poor guy to someone else who CARES. This has to be the most sickening thing I have seen yet. I just hope you realise your mistake. Your pet is not a toy.

Please read the following post and ask yourself if you are really ready to keep a pet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

10 Things Your Dog Would Tell You..

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me- it is crucial to my well being.

4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.

5. You have your work, your entertainment,and your friends. I only have you.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it is speaking to me.

7. Be aware that how ever you treat me, I will never forget you.

8. Remember before you hit me that I have teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.

9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.

10. Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I cannot bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there, even my death.

Remember that I love you ♡

Dedicated to all those who lost their dogs in the walk of life
Old 17th April 2012, 13:40   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Can squirrels bite hard enough to cause damage? ... dunno which.
Most of the pet animals take care not to harm us unless threatened . The bite of a squirrel can pierce through the skin. We had one during our school days. It literally used to climb on all our furniture, and everwhere in the house. It was always free, and once grown, it used to roam in the garden, and come home for food and sleep. The first time it was caught by a cat in the neighborhood, we chased the cat and made it drop. When my mom went and picked it up, it bit her, and was really nasty. It was bleeding profusely. the squirrel was with us for a lot more time, in fact mocking the cat when we were around.
Old 17th April 2012, 14:17   #2651
Oxy
BHPian

I missed the last picture on SJD's post, but I imagine that he tied up the pup's jaws together so that it can't bark.

SJD, get a life man. It's sad to see a fellow BHPian doing this to a poor helpless creature.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:52   #2652
BHPian

Hi all,

as is quite evident from the subscript of the much discussed image, I knew it was a BIG mistake on my part (however, I'll not try to negate my mistake by stating that I was not the actual person to do that act to Glu) but we tried everything out of the book in trying to cajole him from disturbing all the neighbours and the entire household. And it was not like as if he was tied like that all night long but for a few moments (I know even a few moments is unforgivable, but still). I guess, we were then new to the tricks of pet taming and caring as was Glu - who was new to us; but moving onward I have learnt a lot about pets and how to handle them and take care of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
I think u don't deserve to own a pet,my personal opinion.
And to those BHPians who have posted that maybe I do not deserve a pet, my response is that - no one is a master by birth of the art of taming and taking care of your pet. It is only with experience that you learn just as same as your pet gets familiarized to you and his new surroundings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
First you wanted to kill him because he was sick, then this?. Pity you.
Sir, I urge you to provide me an explanation on what makes you accuse me that I wanted to "kill him because he was sick." FYI, Glu is very dear to the whole family and we would not have spent our time and those bucks on his treatment if we would have cared any less for him than perhaps you for your entire love of pets. I cannot control my emotions when anybody accuses and provokes me of trying to kill my pet as he is so dear to us and his well being is of the utmost importance to us . Do reply and any personal attacks will not be tolerated !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

I just hope you realise your mistake.

Please read the following post and ask yourself if you are really ready to keep a pet.
Yes Mohit, I have realized the mistake I did and is a much experienced guy now regarding pets; there was an apology in the subscript of the image itself as well as in this reply showing my sincerity. Also, previously I have went through those 10 points and I had found them extremely educating and helpful. Thanks again for your wise words of advice.

My apologies again guys .

Regards
SJD.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:36   #2653
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

Sir, I urge you to provide me an explanation on what makes you accuse me that I wanted to "kill him because he was sick."
Dude, this is what you wrote in your previous post:

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

came across this thread and thought of sharing some pics of my Labrador Golden Retriever - Glutton (in short "Glu"). He recently suffered from a severe intestinal infection and wanted to lie all day long on the cold floor; would have let him out of sympathy but the Vet strictly advised against it. Fortunately, he is back to normal now and is in his usual gluttonous and romping self.
Now please enlighten us with what you meant by the bolded part, if it did not mean the same as understood by 999.

Last edited by Oxy : 17th April 2012 at 18:38.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:48   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Now please enlighten us with what you meant by the bolded part, if it did not mean the same as understood by 999.
I seem to have been misquoted on this one. Prior to using the phrase "would have let him out of sympathy" I told that he wanted to lie on the cold floor. By using the bolded words, I simply meant that I would have let him lie on the cold floor (which would have been detrimental for his health than) as I wanted to let him do whatever he wanted (in this case, lying on the floor) because of his poor health but this was strictly advised against by the vet. Gos, what did you think - that I wanted to let him out of his life ????

Seems some members like to jump to conclusions pretty quick. Put youself in my shoes, and you would shudder at the heartless image you are trying to depict out of me !!!
Old 17th April 2012, 18:49   #2655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy

Dude, this is what you wrote in your previous post:

I think he meant the lying on the floor part.
Feel we should let it go as a topic of discussion now, since sjd has already acknowledged.
Plus, I don't think he would have posted that picture as a repeated method used.

Sjd, why don't you report your post so that the one pic can be deleted, since on this thread you'll keep getting admonished anytime someone sees it.

But do keep in mind that pets are a privilege granted without distinction, and all of us here appreciate that.
THAT picture really stung.
Do take care of G.

Last edited by mayankk : 17th April 2012 at 18:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks