Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:14   #2986
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Hello All! I'm new to the forum and I was clicking through idly, looking for something interesting to read, when I came upon this treasure of a thread! It's wonderful to see so many well-loved pets and read all your stories. I'd like to introduce my darling dog Cookie to the forum. Here she is!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-p7180117.jpg

She's a Golden Retriever, almost four years old and very well-traveled, because she comes on all our vacations with us. Getting a dog turned us into road-trippers out of necessity (we don't like the idea of flying her in the cargo hold of a plane, or leaving her at a kennel), but we love it now! I have also found that finding hotels that allow pets is not as hard as I thought it would be. With a few hours of research and phone calls, we usually manage to find a comfortable place. So far, we've taken her to Bangalore, Hampi, Goa, Pune, Horsley hills and Kerala. I'd be happy to share the information I have if anyone needs it

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00973.jpg

Being an animal lover, I also volunteer at a shelter that takes in abandoned pet dogs. We treat them, neuter them and put them up for adoption. If anybody would like to adopt a dog in Hyderabad, please ping me!
Old 27th November 2012, 13:11   #2987
BHPian

Guys, id like you to meet Gettafix. He's about 35 days old and is a little beagle boy.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-75286_10151177853419075_1377562953_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-378845_10151177879104075_85088768_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-558990_10151176913169075_1538721023_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-604161_10151177133714075_266279611_n.jpg
Old 27th November 2012, 14:46   #2988
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Wow hooloovoo thats a great service that you do for animals. Hats off!
Lilmonster the little beagle is extremely cute. Very headstrong dogs, you will find. Isn't 35 days a tad young to take the pup?
Old 27th November 2012, 15:08   #2989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Wow hooloovoo thats a great service that you do for animals. Hats off!
Lilmonster the little beagle is extremely cute. Very headstrong dogs, you will find. Isn't 35 days a tad young to take the pup?
Shankar, Thank you. he is headstrong and although he's just been home for a day, seems to like having his way. He is a tad small , but he's being taken care of at home. i would have liked to bring him home when he was a little older(about 8-9 weeks) but seeing the way the breeder was with him before i got him i Just had to get the little one home.

Delhi winter>doggy basket>no blanket, no shawl no nothing. I'd much rather look after him than leave him there.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:24   #2990
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter

Shankar, Thank you. he is headstrong and although he's just been home for a day, seems to like having his way. He is a tad small , but he's being taken care of at home. i would have liked to bring him home when he was a little older(about 8-9 weeks) but seeing the way the breeder was with him before i got him i Just had to get the little one home.

Delhi winter>doggy basket>no blanket, no shawl no nothing. I'd much rather look after him than leave him there.
These breeders should be shot!
They should be kept in cages and forced to reproduce and heir children taken away from them forever. And they should be made to live in the same conditions that they make these poor dogs live in.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:20   #2991
BHPian

My Two Boys!! Bingo and Laddo.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-3.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-5.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-6.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-7.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-8.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-9.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-12.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-2.jpg  

Old 27th November 2012, 22:20   #2992
BHPian

We need a golden retriever pup for my son. Any bhpian who could give one pup from the litter. Don't want to buy. We've had dogs earlier but now there has been a gap of about seven years.
Old 27th November 2012, 22:58   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
We need a golden retriever pup for my son. Any bhpian who could give one pup from the litter. Don't want to buy. We've had dogs earlier but now there has been a gap of about seven years.
Have you ever considered adopting a stray pup? Just a thought.

They are hardy, very low demanding and very active/cheerful. Maintenance is also very low - you only need regular vaccine, deworming. He will not show you any less love and affection compared to a golden retriever pup .

See this if you are interested:
http://www.indog.co.in/
Old 28th November 2012, 12:45   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Hi Shiv, Had visited the vet yesterday, she told me about pups available from a mix of a lab and golden retriever. I would personally recommend you go in for a bit of mixed breed rather than a pure pedigree. Saying this as my last girl (a lassa apso) had a bit of a mixed gene and lived a healthy life for 19 years and her son lived for 14 . If you are interested will ask her to get some snaps and will share them. The Pups are based in Gurgaon and are free.
Old 28th November 2012, 22:55   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Do excuse me for barging in but I am interested and it would be great if you could share the contact details of the vet/owner, of course photos of pups will only enliven the thread as always

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter78 View Post
If you are interested will ask her to get some snaps and will share them. The Pups are based in Gurgaon and are free.
Old 30th November 2012, 08:58   #2996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Hey W.A.G.7, I know this dog. I think I've heard people calling her "Anna". She's quite friendly with me too and I feed her biscuits when I go there. In fact, she greets me with a lot of enthusiasm. I didn't know you were a regular there too, but I go there in the evenings usually. We should meet up.
Yes, we should meet up sometime , I go there daily. I go in the morning. If I can't make it in the morning, then I try to go in the evening.

Here's another friend. Again not owned by anyone, but adopted by almost everyone. He's friendly too, though a little bit scared of everything.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-photo0300.jpg
Old 30th November 2012, 14:32   #2997
BHPian

Hi everyone -

So much passion for their pets, from a pet lover to others. Here goes my fishy.

Thanks

ML
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-fishy.jpg  

Old 30th November 2012, 16:18   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Do excuse me for barging in but I am interested and it would be great if you could share the contact details of the vet/owner, of course photos of pups will only enliven the thread as always
Sorry for the delayed reply, the contact details are as follows, Dr Anju Singhal, Give her a call and check the details. Will also ask her for the photos over the weekend. (in case she asks for a reference tell her you heard it from ‘Bingos’ Owner

Note from Support:
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi Khoj, have sent you the number in a PM since we do not encourage posting personal details on the open forum

Last edited by Eddy : 30th November 2012 at 20:10. Reason: Note Inline
Old 30th November 2012, 18:20   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Hi everyone -

So much passion for their pets, from a pet lover to others. Here goes my fishy.

Thanks

ML
Hi and welcome to the fishy side of this thread

First up those two look like a good pair of gold fishes. But would suggest you to get a conventional rectangular tank instead of that bowl.

More info here:
http://www.aquariumfish.net/information/fish_bowls.htm

Unlike conventional wisdom, goldfishes are best kept in large tanks or ponds where they really thrive and grow up to become such beautiful treasures.

They eat and crap a lot so that water is going to get messed up in no time. Get a betta
Old 30th November 2012, 19:03   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Hi and welcome to the fishy side of this thread
Thanks death walker for the advice, i am very new to having a pet. For some reason, I don't see the thank you option and hence the post.

Best - ML

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks