Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2013, 13:29   #3181
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Not sure whether they could be called pets, they do not recognize me or play with me.

Tank Size - 5*2*2 Ft
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-fish-tank.jpg  

Old 20th April 2013, 15:21   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Does anyone watch "The Dog whisperer" on NGC?

I am a big fan of Cesar and here is a useful video for all dog lovers. http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=x3XbSZ48WQw

and here is a pic of my dog Look at the size he has grown upto

Yep I am a big fan of it, and have learned a lot from it. I used to have a GSD too, not anymore though. Your dog looks majestic (please tell him that), and post some more pics.
Old 22nd April 2013, 08:18   #3183
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine is looking to buy a Pug. Any recommendations for a breeder in and around Delhi? How much would a pug cost approx? Or should I go via the VET route.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:40   #3184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
Not sure whether they could be called pets, they do not recognize me or play with me.

Tank Size - 5*2*2 Ft
That is a beautiful planted tank. I can imagine sitting in front of it and letting your mind go

As for fishes being pets and responsive, Cichlids like Oscars, Wolfs and Hybrids like Flowerhorns not to mention Arowanas are great when it comes to responsiveness.

Oscars are often called the dogs of the aqua world.
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:42   #3185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
A friend of mine is looking to buy a Pug. Any recommendations for a breeder in and around Delhi? How much would a pug cost approx? Or should I go via the VET route.
I suggest you choose any breeder from the list mentioned here under pugs :
http://www.dogsindia.com/breed_list.htm

They are all reputed and ethical breeders who register with KCI and will have all the vaccinations and papers in tip-top form. Even if there is no one in that list near your city, there are breeders who will transport the pup safely with a caretaker, taking all the pains to make the little one comfortable through the journey.

Avoid buying through newspaper classified ads or approaching random vets. Most of them are just out to make quick bucks, and pups from these mills are no guarantee for quality of pedigree. They might later suffer from defects or deformities.

I'm not too well versed with Pugs, but my guess is a good breeder will charge you somewhere around 15-20k here in India.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd April 2013 at 12:44.
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:48   #3186
BHPian

My 110gallon tank with Mbuna cichlids and Malawi cichlids. And a second small 10 gallon tank to hold 25 cichlid fry This is the 4th set of babies from the alfa pair
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-image.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pi.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pp.jpeg  

Last edited by R32_GTR : 23rd April 2013 at 11:51. Reason: added text
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:23   #3187
Senior - BHPian

Ah Mbunas and Haps...Freshwater's answer to the colourful world of Marine tanks

Had a Hap setup in a 6footer years back. By far my wife's favorite tank.

Good to see them breeding.

Edit: Found a photo
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc04003-small.jpg  

Last edited by deathwalkr : 23rd April 2013 at 16:27.
Old 27th April 2013, 17:56   #3188
Senior - BHPian

an acquaintance of mine is looking for a home for a puppy who has strayed into her compound; it’s been at her place since a week and doesn't want to leave. the puppy is very playful she would have loved to keep her, but cant as they already have four dogs at home and one more dog would blow the lid off their house owner’s head.

she gave her a name, JOLLY.

Breed : It’s a Stray Dog!

in case anyone wants to give this puppy a happy home or you know someone who would want to give her a happy home, please do let me know.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20130404_161313.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20130404_161403.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20130404_161528.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20130404_161558.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20130404_161634.jpg
Old 1st May 2013, 11:25   #3189
BHPian

Need help of fellow tbhpians. There is this cute little puppy which got its leg fractured while hiding beneath my neighbor's car. So, we gave him chapati and milk laced with combiflam for a few days to ease pain. And then this puppy vanished. Of late, it has turned up again, severly malnourished and with falling hair. The poor puppy keeps on scratching itself all the time. My concern is to treat this puppy or else it may not survive the hot summer season. Having a pet dog, I know basic animal handling procedure. So, all I request you all is to share knowledge of how this itchy skin, falling hair puppy can be treated.
Another concern is regarding my pet dog. Since this puppy stays outside our home all the time, I am worried that my pet dog may get this ailment transferred frm the pup. Need expert help here ASAP!
Old 1st May 2013, 13:57   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Need help of fellow tbhpians. There is this cute little puppy which got its leg fractured while hiding beneath my neighbor's car. So, we gave him chapati and milk laced with combiflam for a few days to ease pain. And then this puppy vanished. Of late, it has turned up again, severly malnourished and with falling hair. The poor puppy keeps on scratching itself all the time. My concern is to treat this puppy or else it may not survive the hot summer season. Having a pet dog, I know basic animal handling procedure. So, all I request you all is to share knowledge of how this itchy skin, falling hair puppy can be treated.
Another concern is regarding my pet dog. Since this puppy stays outside our home all the time, I am worried that my pet dog may get this ailment transferred frm the pup. Need expert help here ASAP!
Approximately how old is it?

If you can get hold of it to give it a bath, you can try ERINA EP, a herbal shampoo. Lather and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off. You will need to repeat about every three days for the first two weeks and then once/twice a week thereafter.

You could also use simple dusting powders such as ABZORB. Dust liberally, rub in and leave for about 30 minutes, then brush off the excess.

DEXORANGE Syrup 5ml twice daily as a general vitamin and Iron supplement.

TAB. CANTEL or IPRAZ or BANDYSTAR @ 1 tab per 10 kg as dewormer (eg one tab if 5-10kg, 1.5 tabs if 10-15 kg, 2 if 15-20 kg etc.)

See if there is evidence of rickets. You can detect this easily by feeling along the ribs at about the level of the shoulder/elbow joint. If there is rickets you will feel what seems to be a string of beads along the rib cage. This is known as the RACHITIC ROSARY for fairly obvious reasons. Also the joints will be swollen and painful on pressure. If there is evidence of rickets, you can give a Calcium supplement. The best thing that I have found for young pups is CALCIUM SANDOZ KID TABS - they are flavoured so easily accepted (1 tab twice daily). Also ORCAL PET flavoured granules (one teaspoon twice daily in the food).
Old 1st May 2013, 15:18   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

Approximately how old is it?

If you can get hold of it to give it a bath, you can try ERINA EP, a herbal shampoo. Lather and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off. You will need to repeat about every three days for the first two weeks and then once/twice a week thereafter.

You could also use simple dusting powders such as ABZORB. Dust liberally, rub in and leave for about 30 minutes, then brush off the excess.

DEXORANGE Syrup 5ml twice daily as a general vitamin and Iron supplement.

TAB. CANTEL or IPRAZ or BANDYSTAR @ 1 tab per 10 kg as dewormer (eg one tab if 5-10kg, 1.5 tabs if 10-15 kg, 2 if 15-20 kg etc.)

See if there is evidence of rickets. You can detect this easily by feeling along the ribs at about the level of the shoulder/elbow joint. If there is rickets you will feel what seems to be a string of beads along the rib cage. This is known as the RACHITIC ROSARY for fairly obvious reasons. Also the joints will be swollen and painful on pressure. If there is evidence of rickets, you can give a Calcium supplement. The best thing that I have found for young pups is CALCIUM SANDOZ KID TABS - they are flavoured so easily accepted (1 tab twice daily). Also ORCAL PET flavoured granules (one teaspoon twice daily in the food).
Thanks a ton. It is no more than 5-6 months old, barely 3 kgs in weight. I hv notix herbal shampoo. Wud try to arrange ERINA EP. Hoping to locate him in evening and arranging a water set up for its bathing.
Old 1st May 2013, 20:40   #3192

Quote:
Thanks a ton. It is no more than 5-6 months old, barely 3 kgs in weight. I hv notix herbal shampoo.
A pup of about 5 months old should weigh more than 3 kgs. If its feasible it would be better to take him to a vet before giving him a bath or any sort of treatment. And, refrain from giving Combiflam/brufin to pets, unless specifically instructed by the vet.
Old 1st May 2013, 20:42   #3193
BHPian

If you already have NOTIX there is no need to go out and buy ERINA. Both are equally good.

Any possibility of taking the pup to a clinic to get its leg looked at?

At that weight, you can safely give one half of a tab of one of the dewormers listed above.

You can also give 1 ml of ZENTEL Suspension (400mg/10ml) once daily for three days.

Are you still giving it COMBIFLAM? If so, do not give more than half a tablet per day.

Last edited by pillainp : 1st May 2013 at 20:44.
Old 1st May 2013, 21:59   #3194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
If you already have NOTIX there is no need to go out and buy ERINA. Both are equally good.

Any possibility of taking the pup to a clinic to get its leg looked at?

At that weight, you can safely give one half of a tab of one of the dewormers listed above.

You can also give 1 ml of ZENTEL Suspension (400mg/10ml) once daily for three days.

Are you still giving it COMBIFLAM? If so, do not give more than half a tablet per day.
Sorry, forgot to tell that it has already recovered from the leg injury, not limping any more. The concern is to save it from the skin ailment as it may prove lethal. Combiflam was given only for two days post injury when the poor chap was crying all time due to pain. I shall keep you updated of the events. As of now, I am going to give it Notix bath, abzorb powder dab post bath, half deworming tablet daily.
Alongwith milk and chapati diet, I am consider to supplement the diet with egg/bioled kaleji.
Old 1st May 2013, 23:12   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, forgot to tell that it has already recovered from the leg injury, not limping any more. The concern is to save it from the skin ailment as it may prove lethal. Combiflam was given only for two days post injury when the poor chap was crying all time due to pain. I shall keep you updated of the events. As of now, I am going to give it Notix bath, abzorb powder dab post bath, half deworming tablet daily.
Alongwith milk and chapati diet, I am consider to supplement the diet with egg/bioled kaleji.
If you are going to go the BANDYSTAR/IPRAZ route, give only one half of a tablet once, and then repeat after a week.

If you are going the ZENTEL route, 1ml once daily for 3 days.

If the dog has a skin condition, may I ask you to hold on the medication and post a clear well exposed color photograph of at least one affected area and one non-affected area?

We could probably diagnose from that and modify treatment as necessary.

Also if you are planning to feed egg, please boil before feeding. DO NOT feed raw egg. There are various concerns regarding infection as well as Avidin poisoning.

NPP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks