Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 10:42   #3301
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

@Karthik: I really don't think i might have a problem with that, they do look at me as though i am one of them
Old 28th July 2013, 13:29   #3302
BHPian

Mistreated Pet in Blore

Guys,

There is a doberman which has been left out on the terrace without shelter and food. The owners do not care for the dog a bit. This place is in front of my sisters house, during summer there was absolutely no shade for the dog and no water either , the dog was running in circle with the water bowl in it's mouth, my sister could not bear to see it suffer and went and requested to owners to give it some water.

Now it's raining and the dog is getting drenched in rain, the dog is quite think as the owners give it no food. The dog is in a really bad state.

What can I do , can I give an anonymous complaint or anything else, please advise before it's too late.

The dog is in Blore BIAL road from Hebbal.
Old 28th July 2013, 13:44   #3303
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mistreated Pet in Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
What can I do , can I give an anonymous complaint or anything else, please advise before it's too late.

Please contact the local PETA or CUPA organistations. They are quite active in bangalore. PM any of the bangalore members like Googleman or Shankar.balan who are quite active on this thread. They will surely be able to help you better.

Disgusted with such humans
Old 28th July 2013, 16:59   #3304
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mistreated Pet in Blore

Quote:
Guys,

There is a doberman which has been left out on the terrace without shelter and food.
What on earth is the problem with the owners?

Looks like the area is too far away, else I could have taken care of such people. But what can CUPA or PETA do in such a case?? Do they have the right to seize the animal and take care of it?
Old 28th July 2013, 19:33   #3305
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes I think they can atleast offer to do that to the family. And from what I see the family would happily get rid of there burden and get done with it. If still they don't agree then one can surely approach the cops and file a case under cruelty to animals.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:50   #3306
BHPian

My Cousins spotted a stray pup abandoned by his mother. They took him home, it was with them for a couple of days before being handed over to Frendicoes-Seca(Organization formed for the well being of animals) in New Delhi. The pup was suffering from polio, both of his legs had broken joints. We showed it to a nearby vet and was told it is since his birth. The Vet at Frendicoes-Seca told us the same thing. We had to wait for 2.5 hours before getting the pup inspected at the Vet. After consulting the authorities we left the pup with them. They said, we will observe his condition for few days. They further added ,given his condition them might put him to sleep! I told my cousins , it is better to leave him here than see him daily and pity his condition.
Would like to share some pics

The Pup
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000548.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000551.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000554.jpg

This little dude was sitting next to me for an hour.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000559.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000558.jpg

He was accompanied by his entire family
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000567.jpg

The abondoned labradors!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000556.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000539.jpg

I really feel bad for this fellow, he belongs to some rich Delhite. He had his nose bleeding terribly! The owner was nowhere to be seen, he was with one of the servants and was being treated badly! I went up to the man and asked him what is the matter,why is his nose bleeding!? The man had no idea and the dog was treated as a burden. When our turn came, this fellow was also inside. The doctor said his kidneys are not functioning well, and he has 50-50 chances of survival .
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000538.jpg

While some treated them as their own kids.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000560.jpg

Poor chap with a broken leg.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-wp_000555.jpg
Old 29th July 2013, 20:02   #3307
BHPian

hiii everybody ,
i have two adorable ones - odie( he is a male lab 4 yrs old) and ghetu ( he is a tsiz shu 4 yrs old) and my life has never been the same since they have come
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-ghetu.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-odie-ghetu.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-odie-latest.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-odie.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2013, 22:06   #3308
BHPian

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this : Right now I am seeing 2 horses in from of my home (near Bellandur lake), helplessly getting drenched in the rain. No saddle, no shoe, not even a rope tied. Bikes/cars/lorries are speeding past them; the horses are shivering in fear /cold. No owner/caretaker in sight. I called Karuna in Koramangala but they were unable to help. Is there any other animal rescue organization in Bangalore?
Old 3rd August 2013, 22:14   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this : Right now I am seeing 2 horses in from of my home (near Bellandur lake), helplessly getting drenched in the rain. No saddle, no shoe, not even a rope tied. Bikes/cars/lorries are speeding past them; the horses are shivering in fear /cold. No owner/caretaker in sight. I called Karuna in Koramangala but they were unable to help. Is there any other animal rescue organization in Bangalore?
Did you try calling CUPA?
Old 3rd August 2013, 23:42   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsumit View Post
hiii everybody ,
i have two adorable ones - odie( he is a male lab 4 yrs old) and ghetu ( he is a tsiz shu 4 yrs old) and my life has never been the same since they have come
The photo of the two of them together is too good ! Their expressions are amazing and so familiar to the pair I have (A golden retriever and a Lhasa) here are a few pics of the two. cant imagine life without them as well !

Team-BHPians and their Pets-45282_10151362951468561_861152756_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-398741_10151401408628561_526854537_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-563564_10151381470433561_2011651521_n.jpg

Cheers
Old 4th August 2013, 07:34   #3311
BHPian

hello plimsollmark ,
What you say is so true , i really cannot imagine not having their presence around me It is great to know that you have a lab and a lhasa. What are their names ?
Old 4th August 2013, 18:59   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Did you try calling CUPA?
I googled the number of CUPA, called them but nobody picked up the phone. Saturday evening :(
The horses were gone after 3 hours, no idea if their owner found them or they wandered off somewhere else.
Old 4th August 2013, 19:19   #3313
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Poor creatures. They would typically wander off and lurk under some trees.
The same thing happens to cows. I see them wandering about regularly and their owners, scum that they are, dont seem to are about them except at milking time.
What filth human beings are.
No wonder I am a total misanthrope.
Old 4th August 2013, 19:21   #3314
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Guys,

There is a doberman which has been left out on the terrace without shelter and food. The owners do not care for the dog a bit. This place is in front of my sisters house, during summer there was absolutely no shade for the dog and no water either , the dog was running in circle with the water bowl in it's mouth, my sister could not bear to see it suffer and went and requested to owners to give it some water.

Now it's raining and the dog is getting drenched in rain, the dog is quite think as the owners give it no food. The dog is in a really bad state.

Horrible people.
Please call CUPA and tell them. They will try to help.
Old 5th August 2013, 17:01   #3315
BHPian

New family member

A three month old Lab BOLT accompanying my son. We brought him home 2 days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-533700_10200944591751613_941932553_n.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks