Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 14:12   #3316
BHPian

Re: Mistreated Pet in Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Guys,

There is a doberman which has been left out on the terrace without shelter and food. The owners do not care for the dog a bit. This place is in front of my sisters house, during summer there was absolutely no shade for the dog and no water either , the dog was running in circle with the water bowl in it's mouth, my sister could not bear to see it suffer and went and requested to owners to give it some water.

Now it's raining and the dog is getting drenched in rain, the dog is quite think as the owners give it no food. The dog is in a really bad state.

What can I do , can I give an anonymous complaint or anything else, please advise before it's too late.

The dog is in Blore BIAL road from Hebbal.
Hi,

Firstly, please go and educate the owner on how to keep a dog. Do it calmly as no adoption center can take the dog away from the owner, if the owner is not willing to part with.

Probably he is too busy, or not realizing the pain of his own pet. If he is still the same, you can ask him to give the dog for adoption. Once he is ready, contact CUPA and there are hundreds of adoption centers in Bangalore just a google away.

Click a photo or a video of the dog and post in on FB and youtube, let it go Viral so people can approach and adopt the dog. Also, this will stop animal abuse in a larger scale as people get awareness.

I will send you a PM to contact someone about this.
Old 6th August 2013, 21:52   #3317
BHPian

Re: Mistreated Pet in Blore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Hi,

Firstly, please go and educate the owner on how to keep a dog. Do it calmly as no adoption center can take the dog away from the owner, if the owner is not willing to part with.

I will send you a PM to contact someone about this.
The owners are not very approachable people, if you know what I mean. I sent a message to the contact you gave. Lets see how this works out.
Old 13th August 2013, 22:47   #3318
BHPian

Angelfish for adoption

Hello everyone

I have 3 angelfish for adoption. I bought these when they were babies and now they are too big for my 40 litre aquarium. There are three: one koi, one striped (wild altum type) and a black. All three are beautiful specimens and measure about 5 inches from top to bottom. I have several small fish in my tank and I have not seen them being aggressive with any of them (though they do fight with each other).

Please let me know if anyone is interested in adopting them. I live in Indira Nagar, Bangalore by the way. One caveat - these fish would only be suitable for experienced hobbyists with an already settled large aquarium. They would die quickly in a new tank. Also they are not compatible with a variety of fish such as piranhas, oscars, arowanas, flowehorns etc.

Have added some pictures of the trio. I like to call them the three musketeers

PM me if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_8221.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_8238.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_8241.jpg  

Old 13th August 2013, 23:43   #3319
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Beautiful fish mate. Beautiful setup too. Do check your PM and let me know.
Old 14th August 2013, 00:46   #3320

Hi. My friend has a 7 year old daschund who travels beautifully in a car. Once he realises its going to be a long trip, he hops in, looks out of the window with the breeze flapping his ears for a couple of km, and then he curls up and goes to sleep until he feels the need to drink water or take a loo break, at which time he gets up, stretches and looks out of the window, then at whoever is driving, then out the window, back at the driver. Have done a 11 hour trip with him and he was fine.

My friend who is middle-aged and female wants to do a trip from Pune to Bangalore with Dawg and wants to break journey somewhere between Belgaum and Hubli. Need recommendations for a pet friendly, safe, clean place to stay over for one night.
Old 14th August 2013, 10:26   #3321
Senior - BHPian

Nice Angels Hope you manage to get them a new home. But there is no chance for you to upgrade your tank and keep those beauties to yourself?
Old 15th August 2013, 02:45   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Beautiful fish mate. Beautiful setup too. Do check your PM and let me know.
Blocked for you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Nice Angels Hope you manage to get them a new home. But there is no chance for you to upgrade your tank and keep those beauties to yourself?
Hey thanks! My original plan was to buy a new tank and set up a proper planted aquarium. But the Mrs has turned down the request. Planning to get some smaller fish such as neon tetras as they complement a planted tank well.
Old 15th August 2013, 12:20   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Yea neons would be cool for that tank Post pics when you get them.
Old 15th August 2013, 14:24   #3324
BHPian

Does anyone else have a saltwater setup?
I have a 100 litre tank with a regal, yellow tang and a 3 clownfish ( 2 true and one false).

Wondering if anyone else has a setup ?
Old 15th August 2013, 15:29   #3325
BHPian

I had a Flowerhorn! I bought it when it was about a week old!
Had it in 75lts tank. Never fed it with live feed! Always used only FH feed imported from Singapore!
It grew rapidly and was very aggressive! Used to follow people when they walked past the tank!
It grew upto 25cms in one year! But, one fine day it was lying on its side on the tank's bottom!
I rang up a nearby aquarium, the owner himself came and inspected it. He told the fish was under some depression and gave some medicine. I did all i could but, couldn't save him! He passed away the very next day! It was one of the most heartbraking moments of my life! :(
Old 15th August 2013, 18:57   #3326
Senior - BHPian

@Milestogo: Pics please Always been a dream to set up a marine tank but cannot dedicate time required for it just now. Maybe after retirement?

@Saadat: Sad story dude but a flowerhorn in a 75L tank? Why man why? And that was the tank in which it was at 25cms? A 75 gallon tank would have been better...bigger the better. They are usually extremely hardy fishes but in this case it would have died because of bad bio conditions?
Old 18th August 2013, 23:51   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
If you are going to go the BANDYSTAR/IPRAZ route, give only one half of a tablet once, and then repeat after a week.
NPP
Hey Doc!
Apologies for no update. First, lost my phone's data wherein the pictures of the puppy were stored. And to top it, the little puppy champ ran away. The pup was kind of happy and relieved post bath and I saw him sprinting in the lane for a while. However, very sadly he went missing from the very next day. Either he was not happy of bath or something adverse happened. Either ways, the story closed then and there.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-imag03261.jpg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-imag032511.jpg

Coming to the next issue. There is an ailing old female dog, she is very old as evident from her growing nails. Having some very bad infection in her excretory organ. The rainy seasons have further increased the infection and there is an awful smell reeking from the tumor like open wound. She only feeds on milk and do not eat bread/chapati etc. Over the days her health is deteriorating and one can easily see that she is suffering badly from the ailment. She is terminally ill and I feel she better RIP instead of suffering everyday.
Taking to an animal care in an auto is not a possibility now. Can you suggest me how to relieve her of her sufferings or may be some organisation who can take her to help her in her last days. I feel too bad looking in those sad helpless eyes.

I contacted Animal's Friend: a famous NGO of Mrs.Meneka Gandhi, the people there said to bring the dog to them in an auto or atleast hold her indoors till they arrive. Either of the ways is not possible.

Suggestions from any other Bhpian from delhi or any other place invited as well.

Regards
Old 19th August 2013, 00:55   #3328
BHPian

A list of organisations in Delhi. One of them may be able to help you.

EHF (Environment & Health Foundation), Chaitanya Animal Paradise(CAP)
Contact: Nisha Sharma, Ph: 9999710209, Plot no. 55, Pocket 8, Dwarka Sec 17 C, New delhi 110075.
For More information regarding what we do Please Click Here.

Delhi SPCA
Late Hardev Sahai Marg, New Delhi - 110054, India, Ph: 91-(0)11-2515369 (off) 2522805 (Hosp)
The Friendicoes-SPCA
# 271 & 273, Under Defence Colony, Flyover (Jangpura side) Market, New Delhi - 110014
Ph: 91-(0)11-4624787

People for Animals
http://www.peopleforanimalsindia.org/
A 4, Maharani Bagh, New Delhi - 110065, India Ph: 91-(0)11-6840402 / Fax: 6823144
14, Ashoka Road, New Delhi - 110001, INDIA Ph: +91 - 11 - 23357088, 23359241, + 91 - 11 - 23354321
(Monday to Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM IST Time)

Ahimsa International
53, Rishat Vihar Extn., New Delhi - 110006, India

Delhi Pinjarapole Society
372, Khari Baoli, New Delhi - 110006, India PH: 91-(0)11-2525224

Kindness to Animals and Respect for Environment (KARE)
M- 39, Main Market, Greater Kailash, New Delhi - 110048, India Ph: 91-(0)11-6412963 / 6432477
Jeevashram Foundation
# 7, Amrita Shergil Marg, New Delhi - 110003, India, Ph: 91-(0)11-4622459 / 4631776

Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre
Near Shivaji College, Raja Garden, New Delhi -110027, India Ph: 91-(0)11-54480620
Old 19th August 2013, 12:03   #3329
BHPian

This may have been answered many a times, but again asking since it is very specific. Say when we need to clean the aquarium and fill with fresh water from the tap. Say it is a winter and the water from the tap would be cold.
Can the fish survive this cold water?
Can we use the water from our water filters which are at room temperature?
Which water is the best for aquariums. Here in Hyderabad, we get manjeera and normal bore water.
Old 19th August 2013, 12:26   #3330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This may have been answered many a times, but again asking since it is very specific. Say when we need to clean the aquarium and fill with fresh water from the tap. Say it is a winter and the water from the tap would be cold.
Can the fish survive this cold water?
Can we use the water from our water filters which are at room temperature?
Which water is the best for aquariums. Here in Hyderabad, we get manjeera and normal bore water.
Always let the water settle in your aquarium before you introduce your fishes to it. If the temperature is too cold (especially when outside temperatures dip a lot), get a heater installed. Make sure the temperature ranges at around 28 degrees (I personally keep it at that). You can also get a temperature sticker which can be pasted outside the tank which will give you an idea of how hot or cold the water is.

Secondly, I do not use bore water for my aquarium and I use the water from my water filters. Havent had a problem with my fishes with the water change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks