Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2013, 21:39   #3361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Words never heard from a Labrador, "Thanks, but I've eaten enough for now..."
Hi mate, You may also never hear these words from a St. Bernard or even a Golden Retriver just like budder ball in Air buddies.

AD
Old 10th September 2013, 21:00   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The ladies in my life - they keep coming and going as and when they want to.

Their motto in life : Eat, sleep, poop, play <repeat X infinite times>
You know mate, the pics are so so cute espically the one in which one of them is in the helmet. You must be having a enjoyable time at home. Very sweet!!

thanks

AD
Old 16th September 2013, 10:29   #3363
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, saw this ad for a large pet cage .. in case anyone is intrested :

http://bangalore.olx.in/carry-along-...-iid-545799744
Old 19th September 2013, 13:46   #3364
BHPian

I have planned trip to Kolkata from Bengaluru. I have a Golden Retriever Our small family cannot stay apart from each other for long. I need some information on hotels en route, which allows pets.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:56   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikc View Post
I have planned trip to Kolkata from Bengaluru. I have a Golden Retriever Our small family cannot stay apart from each other for long. I need some information on hotels en route, which allows pets.
Look up www.petvacations.in - have used them in the past.
Old 19th September 2013, 18:03   #3366
BHPian

Anyone on this list planning to attend/drive to NH7 Weekender in Pune (oct 18-20) this year? It's pet-friendly, so get your pooch & come - all you need to do is register your dog & get a vets fitness certificate.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:57   #3367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbehave View Post
Look up www.petvacations.in - have used them in the past.
Called them today, but they just do it from Mumbai for pet relocation within India. They could not guarantee the hotels bookings also. Now I am in kind of soup.

Won't let Penny (my sweet Golden) stay in a Bangalore kennel for 3 weeks. I have to take her along with us. I may have to beg for over night stays along the way.

All I need is name and locations of hotels in Hyderabad, Vijaywada (possible halt point instead of Hyderabad), Vizag and Bhubaneshwar where I can stay with my pet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 24th September 2013, 16:39   #3368
BHPian

It's play time (with "Bhuku")
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0936.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-peekaboo.jpg  

Last edited by archat68 : 24th September 2013 at 16:41.
Old 25th September 2013, 15:13   #3369
BHPian

Has anyone purchased car hammocks/car protective seats for their dogs to travel in the car? Looking for a good quality seat that covers back of front seats, all of the back seats & possibly the sides too(doors). Any leads would be appreciated.

Quote:
may have to beg for over night stays along the way. All I need is name and locations of hotels in Hyderabad, Vijaywada (possible halt point instead of Hyderabad), Vizag and Bhubaneshwar where I can stay with my pet.
Then I'd say use an agoda/expedia with a pet-friendly filter and start calling prospective hotels to confirm. Best of luck!

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th September 2013 at 10:07. Reason: Posts merged
Old 25th September 2013, 16:17   #3370
BHPian

Guys, do we have a repository of pet friendly accommodation across the major cities. Is there a thread or link for the same?

Many of the web listings classify them selves as pet friendly, are not pet friendly in true sense. Please see the below recent experiences around Bangalore.

1. Flameback Lodges, Mudigere, Chikmagalur – The resort is in midst of coffee plantations and paddy fields. This is a pet friendly resort to the core; I think my lab enjoyed its stay more than us. Tariffs are on a higher side. Staff is pet friendly and you can leave the pet off leash. Resort guys have their German Shepherd family (Grand father, Parents & a kid) which stays off leash.

2. Tea Nest, Conoor, Ooty – The resort is in midst of steps of a tea plantation. Budget hotel, but no place for the pet. One can keep the pet in one’s room but pets are not allowed any where else in the property. For me that doesn’t really work. Manager at Tea Nest offered a stay at Kurumba Village, which was a premium property at the same rate. But again those guys were not comfortable for us to bring the pet in the common areas of the resort. Notable thing was that the management at both the resorts was very humble and understanding. They duly apologised for the inconvenience and tried their best to make us comfortable.

Both the resorts were listed as pet friendly on the web listings. In both the cases, we verbally confirmed(pet thing) numerous times with the guys at both the places over the phone. Still we ended up with completely different experiences at both the places.
Old 25th September 2013, 16:48   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
Guys, do we have a repository of pet friendly accommodation across the major cities. Is there a thread or link for the same?

Many of the web listings classify them selves as pet friendly, are not pet friendly in true sense.
Somitra you have put it aptly, this is true that all hotels/resorts are not "truly" pet friendly. It requires our collective effort to know them and their pet-friendly ratings.

There is a thread for this: Link Here.

How about ratings based on these:

1. Did they allow the pet?
2. Did they allow the pet in the room?
3. How much they charge extra (if at all) for pet?
4. Do they have pet friendly menu or option to get pet food?
5. Do they have pet walk services?
6. Do they have pet grooming services?
7. Do they have vet on call?
8. Do they have separate pet park or place where the pet can be off leash?

I know, I am asking too much but I think it will make a lot of difference for pet lovers how they plan their holidays. I, for one, would not be able to leave Penny in a kennel for long. One or two day is fine but after that it is difficult. Moreover because she do not eat without us.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:40   #3372
BHPian

Quote:

1. Did they allow the pet?
2. Did they allow the pet in the room?
3. How much they charge extra (if at all) for pet?
4. Do they have pet friendly menu or option to get pet food?
5. Do they have pet walk services?
6. Do they have pet grooming services?
7. Do they have vet on call?
8. Do they have separate pet park or place where the pet can be off leash?
Pet friendly resorts/hotels allow pets in the room. Everything else is too much for ask and due to these demands, most places do not allow pets.
Old 25th September 2013, 23:04   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Pet friendly resorts/hotels allow pets in the room. Everything else is too much for ask ...
Agreed, that's why I also said that I know I am asking too much.

Quote:
... and due to these demands, most places do not allow pets.
Are you 100% sure about this? Sounds like a generalization.

Anyway, I would appreciate the fact that there are hotels/resorts which allows pets. It is a the right thing and we are going in the correct direction.
Old 26th September 2013, 08:45   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Pet friendly resorts/hotels allow pets in the room. Everything else is too much for ask and due to these demands, most places do not allow pets.
Quote:
Agreed, that's why I also said that I know I am asking too much.

Are you 100% sure about this? Sounds like a generalization.

Anyway, I would appreciate the fact that there are hotels/resorts which allows pets. It is a the right thing and we are going in the correct direction.
Hey samikc, thanks for sharing the link.

Hey Googleman - IMO the points raised by samikc are very much valid. As a pet owner these are basic things one would expect if one is planning a vacation(stress free and enjoyable for both) with a pet. If you go to a true pet friendly hotel, they would by default have some of these facilities in place. But its better to plan your vacations with lower expectation to avoid disappointment.

Ideally the resorts should classify themselves as Pets Allowed(room only) OR Pet Friendlly(in true sense). But again i think the hospitality industry is still not matured enough to handle such requests. I don't really think travelling or going on vacation with pets is a new concept, its just that earlier people would stay at a relatives place or small hotels(no star properties), where they could negotiate for pets being allowed (for extra payment and personal guarantee). I think nowadays only the offbeat ones allow pets, none of the proper hotels or hotel chains are ok with pets.

On a serious note, India is not a human friendly country so expecting pet friendliness is indeed expecting too much. It reminds me of what Mahatma Gandhi once said - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" . This statement aptly sums the state of affairs in our country.

My pets day care guy told me that Taj Hotels has started accepting pets in some of its properties, i think they have recognised this need in the market and are trying to tap it . I have not confirmed personally though.

Last edited by somitra1981 : 26th September 2013 at 08:47. Reason: Text edit
Old 26th September 2013, 19:37   #3375
BHPian

Hi,

Generally pet friendly stays know there is no limit to customer's expectations. The "Basic things" according to us, is too much for them.

Even though they are pet friendly, they have conditions like "Other people staying should not object about the pet" or "ok, if the owner is taking full responsibility/care of their pets, they are welcome"

If you have a "Large breed" or an "agressive" pet, just dont take the risk of taking your pets along with you. Most pet-friendly places will say a straight "NO".

I have witnessed a family sent-off from the reception of ______, Bandipur (Jungle resort) for getting their cute Labrador along with them. Ironically, the owner of the resort himself has 5-8 Dobermans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks