Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 11:07   #3511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Wonderful, Maverick. Must be lovely to see your dog and his story featured like that. A nice tribute to you for re-homing an animal in need, too.

Yes indeed its a wonderful feeling! They do good work for the welfare of animals, and it not just for Dogs.
Old 30th December 2013, 18:26   #3512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Here you go - http://www.ebay.in/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....m=251028956402

The seller should have more units. if not, just search for "aquarium automatic feeders" on ebay.in
The seller rating is less. I have seen other sellers with much reputation, price is almost similar. Will check with them.
Old 1st January 2014, 21:30   #3513
BHPian

Its been three years now that Annie (my Spitz) left us, she lived a full satisfying life of 15.5 yrs. Now all of us in the family are longing to have another dog. I am preferably looking for a pedigree GSD puppy with heavy coat. Pls suggest any good kennels at Vadodara or Ahmedabad, or reliable sources where I can get in touch.
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:15   #3514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
Its been three years now that Annie (my Spitz) left us, she lived a full satisfying life of 15.5 yrs. Now all of us in the family are longing to have another dog. I am preferably looking for a pedigree GSD puppy with heavy coat. Pls suggest any good kennels at Vadodara or Ahmedabad, or reliable sources where I can get in touch.
Not exactly answering your query but after the recent exposure to organisations like CUPA and kind of work that they are doing, I have decided that my next pet will be adopted and not bought. Why don't you once check there and see if you like something?
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:38   #3515
Senior - BHPian

hi all saw these cute pups at a workshop in Sector 8 today morning. Though they are 6 in number but could manage to click only 3 since rest were inside the workshop. Actually I really love dogs but irony is my mom is not at all willing to have a pet dog in the house. However, I hope someday a miracle happens and I may also get a chance to experience the love of a dog.

thanks

AD

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-photo0464.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2014, 17:10   #3516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADI_77 View Post
3 years without a pet is a very long time. I can't even imagine living without one for so long. Considering the fact that you haven't kept a pet for long and the previous one was Spitz, I would recommend that you go for a gentler breed than GSD. A lab/retriever will be ideal. I am not an expert in this domain but have the experience of keeping a GSD as well as Labrador. While a GSD is extremely loyal, intelligent, protective, playful, etc, it does all that to a level of extremity that can make the entire experience quite tough. i.e. the loyalty and protectiveness can quickly turn to possessiveness and aggression, if proper care is not taken. OTOH, labs are equally intelligent and loyal but the aggression is much lesser.
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:38   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
While a GSD is extremely loyal, intelligent, protective, playful, etc, it does all that to a level of extremity that can make the entire experience quite tough. i.e. the loyalty and protectiveness can quickly turn to possessiveness and aggression, if proper care is not taken.
I can vouch for this. We had a GSD at home which was never leashed. Right from his puppy days, he got so attached to my mom, following her everywhere she went. Gradually, he became so possessive of her that he would not tolerate anyone going close to her (myself included). I even got a couple of bites from him when I went near my mom. But during the mornings and evenings, he used to come near as if asking me to take him out for the regular walk.

Sadly, he is no more :(
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:13   #3518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
3 years without a pet is a very long time. I can't even imagine living without one for so long. Considering the fact that you haven't kept a pet for long and the previous one was Spitz, I would recommend that you go for a gentler breed than GSD. A lab/retriever will be ideal.
Yes it is tough living without a pet for 3 yrs, and that too when we have had four dogs till date in the family. But Annie was really special, and it took us lot of time to get back to normal after her demise. We have had larger breeds earlier, but i've always longed for a GSD. Labs are somehow too firendly and cannot match the grace & persona of the GSD. The only issue that I see with keeping it now is that I live in an apartment. Will have to workout a daily regime for him between me and my son, before we decide. I have been following few posts on olx and visited some pet shops in Vadodara, but could not find the ideal breed. It seems that all reputed GSD breeders are down south (TN & Kerala)
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:08   #3519
Team-BHP Support

Wanted to share this about a man rescuing an abandoned Golden Retriever from a flood: Bran - Imgur

Have a look! This one made me smile:

Team-BHPians and their Pets-vsknbfz.jpg
Old 6th January 2014, 11:51   #3520
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello (Pune) folks,
Any tried & tested pet boarding options for cats/kittens in Pune? I need to be out of station the coming weekend for 3 days, and I have not been able to source any backup pet-sitter option - looking for suggestions on pet boarding options in Pune.
Old 8th January 2014, 23:51   #3521
BHPian

Newest additions to my cousin's family at the behest of my elder sister! These were taken when they were just a couple of months old.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn2565.jpg
ACE

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn2577.jpg
BRUNO

Even though I'm allergic to both canines and felines, I try to spend as much time as I can with these lil' devils. Though they are always snapping at your hand if you try to pet 'em and have no regard for personal hygiene (I know, I know they are dogs after all), they still manage to bring a smile to my face every time I mingle with 'em.
Old 9th January 2014, 08:33   #3522
Distinguished - BHPian

Cute !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Though they .. have no regard for personal hygiene (I know, I know they are dogs after all),
The Majority of humans dont have it either !
Old 9th January 2014, 11:49   #3523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Cute !
Thanks. They have grown quite considerably now (their mischievousness has increased proportionally too!).

After having endured the most torturing turmoil of their lives - a bath!

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn3033a.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn3034.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn3035.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Majority of humans dont have it either !
Quoted for the truth!

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 9th January 2014 at 11:57.
Old 9th January 2014, 17:18   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post

After having endured the most torturing turmoil of their lives - a bath!
In the first pic his reaction is like: "I will find you and I will kill you"

Damn cute!!
Old 9th January 2014, 19:47   #3525
Distinguished - BHPian

"Whatever that was, I do not want it to happen again, ever."

Lovely pictures!

Most Viewed