Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 00:39   #3556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Read the above this morning on FB. I don't know whats so special about this study?

I mean go out and call your dog angrily, he will come slowly thinking he might have done something wrong. "He's chewed up your sock and you're shouting"

Call his name out happily and while laughing. He will come jumping onto you with his tongue out from the side!

Someone in the family is crying, he come slowly and snuggle or just sit by calmly.

Anyone shouts at one of the members at home. He will come up and jump on you and push you back to stop you from shouting!

Any stranger tries the same, well bye bye "stranger's arm"!

Those are the traits of both my Rottweilers.

These are all simple things observed daily.
Old 22nd February 2014, 01:07   #3557
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Great to hear that and i am too a GSD lover. Here are the pictures of my girl.

What a lovely doggie.
Feel like reaching out and scratching behind her ears. They love that dont they?

Check out my two beggar children. Demanding biscuits earlier today...
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-image.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd February 2014 at 01:09.
Old 22nd February 2014, 03:38   #3558
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1457755_10151858968254075_1860405154_n.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-1535624_10151946912129075_1066774718_n.jpg
A little over a year old now. My baby Beagle, gettafix.
Old 22nd February 2014, 16:09   #3559
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Attachment 1210478

Attachment 1210479
A little over a year old now. My baby Beagle, gettafix.

Beautiful creature. Dogs are gods best creation.
Old 22nd February 2014, 16:33   #3560

WOW, we have threads for everything. Its so nice that a pet lover can share the pic of their pets. I really miss my beloved friends who are back home. Those cold noses rubbing on my feet and face early in the morning, were better than any alarm clock. Would like to share their pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120620_113337.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20120806_171055.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2014, 01:26   #3561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Check out my two beggar children. Demanding biscuits earlier today...
They certainly don't look like beggars, maybe overfed lazy buffoons ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I mean go out and call your dog angrily, he will come slowly thinking he might have done something wrong. "He's chewed up your sock and you're shouting"

Call his name out happily and while laughing. He will come jumping onto you with his tongue out from the side!

Someone in the family is crying, he come slowly and snuggle or just sit by calmly.

These are all simple things observed daily.
Absolutely true, dogs can understand our emotions just by looking at our face or hearing the tenor of our voice which is why we love them more than any other pet.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 23rd February 2014 at 01:32.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:20   #3562
BHPian

I need a help.

I'm really interested in buying a parrot or parakeet. But i'm not sure where to buy and how much it costs.

If some body provides me details about the shop in Bangalore, it will be more helpful.
Old 24th February 2014, 14:41   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht'snotME View Post
I need a help.

I'm really interested in buying a parrot or parakeet. But i'm not sure where to buy and how much it costs.

If some body provides me details about the shop in Bangalore, it will be more helpful.
Green parrots are banned as pets, but you do get some exotic colours like blue, red and yellow which are expensive. Of course you can still try to get the green ones from the Gypsies or you can contact some pet shops in Russel Market. Green parrots cost between 300-600, the Alexandrine parrot about 1-1.5k. Blue/Yellow costs around 6k, Red which is called the Red Glory costs around 30k. There is also the African Grey Parrot which costs around 15-20k, Cockatoo 20-25k and of course last but not the least is the Macaw which costs anywhere between 1L to 1.5L. All these parrots can be bought as babies(chicks) and hand fed and trained.

The regular budgies are on sale in every pet shop.
Old 24th February 2014, 14:51   #3564
Distinguished - BHPian

Please research a lot before getting a parrot. It is not only a long-term commitment, but could be a commitment for ever: it might outlive you!

I have heard living with a parrot compared to living with a three-year-old child. They are that demanding. They are social, active, and want lots of attention. If you can't give it, you will just end up with an unhappy bird, and probably, eventually, a sick bird. And a nip from a parrot would be nasty. Even a budgie can hurt!

Budgies are much more easy-going. In my childhood, my mum bred them on a small scale, and we had up to a couple of dozen at a time. Well, it wasn't so much intended as breeding, but our core group (kaw group?) lived in big-enough cages with breeding boxes and were free to get on with it, and did.

Budgies, too, are friendly, intelligent and sociable. They have great character. I don't think that the experience is inferior to the bigger birds. Also, they won't outlive you ---unless, of course, you are already rather old!

Do, please, think twice about the parrots.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th February 2014 at 14:52.
Old 24th February 2014, 18:09   #3565
Senior - BHPian

Right about the parrots, thanks for putting that up Thad.
They are smart, admirably self centred and very very sensitive and short tempered, but great companions if you can understand them. Cockatiels are also an option for 2 to 3k a pair.
Old 26th February 2014, 13:09   #3566
BHPian

We are getting a Pomeranian very soon and adopting him from a friend who is relocating abroad. He is a well behaved 4 year old and does enjoy a little bit of traveling.

What is the best way of traveling with a dog in the car? I am particularly interested in knowing about how to keep away the fur and drool (I know difficult) from the car. This is one of the option I came up with http://www.kurgostore.com/dog-hammocks/wander-hammock/

I am pretty sure that I will not have the dog in the boot of my hatch. I will be scared that he will be very scared. So rear seat is the only option. BTW, I drive a Honda Jazz.

How do you travel with your dog and at the same time keep the car as clean as possible? I wasn't able to search for a similar thread and hence posting here.
Old 26th February 2014, 14:20   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
We are getting a Pomeranian very soon and adopting him from a friend who is relocating abroad. He is a well behaved 4 year old and does enjoy a little bit of traveling.

What is the best way of traveling with a dog in the car? I am particularly interested in knowing about how to keep away the fur and drool (I know difficult) from the car. This is one of the option I came up with http://www.kurgostore.com/dog-hammocks/wander-hammock/

I am pretty sure that I will not have the dog in the boot of my hatch. I will be scared that he will be very scared. So rear seat is the only option. BTW, I drive a Honda Jazz.

How do you travel with your dog and at the same time keep the car as clean as possible? I wasn't able to search for a similar thread and hence posting here.
IMO Employ the magic seats with a thick bedcover on top. Scooby should have plenty of room and it should be easy to deal with the fur and drool.
Old 26th February 2014, 14:34   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
IMO Employ the magic seats with a thick bedcover on top. Scooby should have plenty of room and it should be easy to deal with the fur and drool.
In that case, I will be subjecting the dog to luggage. Dangerous. no?
Old 26th February 2014, 19:32   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post

Depends on how far you are traveling. My Labrador sits on the rear seats and gazes out of the windows. If you have split seats, then you can fold one down, provided the luggage (if any) is tied down. My Lab enjoys long rides and is either with the nose just out of the window, or flat out on the rear seats. Just remember never to brake or accelerate aggressively, except in emergencies.

To prevent hair and drool, cover the seats with an old bed sheet, tucked firmly.
Old 26th February 2014, 19:46   #3570
BHPian

This is our pet! She is 3 years old. She is a little afraid to travel, one thing I am training her these days.

You know what. We have to spoon feed her. Else it won't eat!! That sounds funny but I've heard most Pomeranians behaves this way after a couple of years.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393424164.552656.jpgTeam-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393424179.582058.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks