Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:43   #3916
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
"Dogs have owners; cats have staff."
I can't resist posting a short answer in agreement with that: "Purrrr"fect!
[pun intended, which only cat lovers would understand].
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:49   #3917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
[pun intended, which only cat lovers would understand].
And the dogs would say "Cats have staff ?? bow-WoW ?!! "
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:19   #3918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hi all,
Nice to see all extended families here!

We have this lil' fella at home

Any other birdies on the board here?

Cheers,

Ace
What a lovely bird that is..

Till yesterday night, we had 2 love birds and today morning when we woke up, i noticed one of them lifeless in the cage. Our entire family is so saddened with the loss, especially my 5 year old that he has not eaten anything from the morning.

The 2nd bird is chirping in very low voice mourning the loss.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:47   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Till yesterday night, we had 2 love birds and today morning when we woke up, i noticed one of them lifeless in the cage. Our entire family is so saddened with the loss, especially my 5 year old that he has not eaten anything from the morning.
The 2nd bird is chirping in very low voice mourning the loss.
I am sorry for the birdie.
I am aware how it affects the family.
There were 5 love birds at my wife's place.
One night a rat somehow sneaked up to their cage & bit one of the birds (Flappy).
She was on one leg since then for about 2 weeks.
I have to say, she was pretty strong for a bird that small.

Even the other birds were chirping in feeble sounds & were kinda silent for a week's time at least.

Take care of the surviving bird.
I am sure you know, but - smaller the bird, greater the impact of a shock on them.
Please consider companion(s) for him/her.

May the parted bird chirp happy wherever it is.

Ace.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:56   #3920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post

Take care of the surviving bird.
I am sure you know, but - smaller the bird, greater the impact of a shock on them.
Please consider companion(s) for him/her.

May the parted bird chirp happy wherever it is.

Ace.
Thanks for the kind words, Ace !!

Yes, we are gonna get him a companion. We will try to keep him engaged and wean away from the shock.
Old 7th March 2015, 15:05   #3921

Gentlemen,
This is my Rottweiler Shiro. He is a member of our family since 2008. He is a well a mannered dog with a great personality.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-1929170_1092131470867_1995323_n.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-10703915_10204675460433779_3596760487714291417_n.jpg  

Old 10th March 2015, 23:07   #3922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
For 4k, they can get a bigger tank than what's in mind. I guess 2.5X1.5X1ft is possible along with all other accessories.
Audioholic, Thanks so much for all the help & advice. My friend got the tank & some fishes - and is happy with the smooth way it flowed. He conveys his thanks & wishes.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-stkfish.jpg
Old 11th March 2015, 10:59   #3923
BHPian

I have a boxer male.He is currently the indian champion.I got him to our family as a gift to my parents on their 25th wedding anniversary. By that same day evening he became an inseparable member of our family. Sharing a few pictures of my youngest sibling.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-1426051739168.jpg  

Old 11th March 2015, 11:09   #3924
BHPian

There is some connection between Car Lovers & Animal Lovers, I guess. Feels awesome to go through this thread again and again. Here is the pic of my fur ball, LEO. Yes, he is different. That teeth of his, gives him a different personality and we love the way he looks
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00027.jpg  

Old 11th March 2015, 20:29   #3925
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me bring down the quality of the thread with this display of the gaudiness of man.
This is Eastend apartments in Mayur Vihar Delhi. These guys have resorted to finally trying to bribe EDMC guys to pick up all dogs, fixed or not, and drop them somewhere. In fact, one kind gent in some committee, threatened me saying he'll have my dog picked up from my home, an unfortunate conversation I recorded. If any of you guys have ANY sort of connect with EDMC, or SPCA and their likes, please share this:
Attached Images

Old 11th March 2015, 21:08   #3926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Let me bring down the quality of the thread with this display of the gaudiness of man.
This is Eastend apartments in Mayur Vihar Delhi. These guys have resorted to finally trying to bribe EDMC guys to pick up all dogs, fixed or not, and drop them somewhere. In fact, one kind gent in some committee, threatened me saying he'll have my dog picked up from my home, an unfortunate conversation I recorded. If any of you guys have ANY sort of connect with EDMC, or SPCA and their likes, please share this:
I find that person to be rather lame and immature in the way he is begging for support. The last lines where he is expecting dog lovers to call the police itself speaks that he knows they dont stand a chance legally. I am further curious to know how the conversation progressed and what the anti-dog replied.

I am not against those who dont like dogs in streets. But my only grouse is against people with such attitudes. I have let the administration people pick dogs in the road and get them sterlized but definitely wouldnt let them pick up these animals from the road and try to dispose them in some way or the other.

To give you an example scenario, there was this short tempered middle aged man in my road who was dead against street dogs. So much that in a similar way, he stood there with a satisfied grin when the dogs were being picked up. Little did he know that they would return to the same street, just without being able to reproduce again. As soon as the dogs returned to the street after a week, this man was chased and bit by one of the dogs. All the while, they never retaliated when this man used to throw water and stones on the dogs. But they went through so much pain, that one dog which was aggressive attacked the man. Guess he got unnecessary trouble for himself
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 21:18   #3927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I find -----------snip---------trati
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2578...20011/?fref=ts

It's an open group and filled with very strange people. Thing is, I see quite a few of the extreme people on the roads, but never knew they were of such a sickened mental state. Some comments are surprisingly venomous!
Old 11th March 2015, 21:49   #3928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2578...20011/?fref=ts

It's an open group and filled with very strange people. Thing is, I see quite a few of the extreme people on the roads, but never knew they were of such a sickened mental state. Some comments are surprisingly venomous!
Wow I spent some time going through the posts. The whole forum is filled with dog menace related posts apart from anything else. One thing I have to admit is that if the dogs are causing injuries, bites and the like, then it will be a concern no doubt. Here, in the last decade or so, there has been only one dog bite case for the entire road though we had some three or so dogs. But the solution to the problem will not be culling the dogs or moving them away. In a large society without controlled access it will definitely bring in dogs just like how these dogs came.

What I was baffled with is that there is a lot of prejudice in the people who want action to be taken. That prejudice has gone to such a level that they are not even showing some decency towards the other residents who are in support of the dogs. One logic of theirs is wrong. If dogs arent fed well, they will become more ferocious in search of food. It is just that to gain a good balance between the two groups of people, the current pack of dogs can be left after sterlization, but no new dogs should be allowed to turn up inside the compound. Guess IMO that will be a fair compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Audioholic, Thanks so much for all the help & advice. My friend got the tank & some fishes - and is happy with the smooth way it flowed. He conveys his thanks & wishes.

Attachment 1348546
Hey,
Thats no problem man! Pleased to help them set up the tank. Sorry for the late reply since the last time I replied it didnt turn up in the thread. They need more gravel in that tank though.

Last edited by audioholic : 11th March 2015 at 21:50.
Old 11th March 2015, 23:28   #3929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow I s------------------SNIP-------------ugh.
The best bit is, its us guys whove been getting the dogs snipped. Had it not been for a few active people, there would have been more dogs than people around. These guys just make a hue and cry, and then do zilch, absolute impotency in action.
I didnt get any dogs inside, and the ones that are there are already fixed, or are being fixed on a continual basis. By us!
Its a shame, really.
Old 17th March 2015, 09:19   #3930
BHPian

Quote:

I have got this to notice of few people who hopefully will contact these idiots and do something about it. Not gonna let them kill the dogs..

Can anyone give me any contact or probably some way to reach these guys?

Last edited by Googleman : 17th March 2015 at 09:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks