Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 22:11   #4051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Very sad.

The way these junction boxes are left open, or with doors removed, is criminally negligent. they are just deadly.
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:12   #4052
BANNED

Re: My kid Auric left us forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I never thought that i would be writing this so soon, whole family is so heartbroken and we still can not wipe our tears with the pain that Auric has left us with.....
Hello coolboy007,

I know and understand the pain of your parting with your friend - we have faced the same situation on more than one occasion. It is not easy to come to terms with such a tragic situation. The first time it happened with us (when our boxer Darth crossed the divide) I was reading James Herriot - I know that probably you and many other dog lovers on this forum will be familiar with this retired vet's books. And one piece of advice he gave remains with me - after a reasonable period of bereavement you should get another pet as quickly as possible. I found this to be sound advice and in line with the many examples Dr. Herriot gives to illustrate his point.

We have had boxers as extensions of our family for many years now and have also had to bear with the pain of parting twice, when our Darth and then his mate, Daisy, left us. But thereafter we got Kluso & Pearl they have once again brought cheer & fun into our lives in the way that only boxers can. I have dealt with our pets at length in my travelogue thread ("Naukuchiatal - far from the madding crowd", 15th march, 2015).
I would like to add a few photos here and hope that they cheer you up just the way they cheer up our lives!
Shashanka
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-darth.nntl.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00237.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-my-squeeky-toy.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1000911.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20141125_092847.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1000914.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1000923.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1010632.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1010640.jpg  

Old 23rd February 2016, 16:23   #4053
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shashanka, nice pics there - esp the last one

Found this on FB: a Fish tank for petrolheads

Team-BHPians and their Pets-11755862_948419611867987_2181460427156539654_n.jpg
Old 24th February 2016, 01:03   #4054
Distinguished - BHPian

I always look for updates on this thread and thank you for all the pics shared. Could I also request everyone to share any exhibition / championships in the respective cities? I would love to visit those as well.

I have a non-profit volunteering program (from my organization) this Saturday (27 Feb) to IDA in Mumbai. Looking forward to the event.
Old 29th February 2016, 09:09   #4055
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I always look for updates on this thread and thank you for all the pics shared. Could I also request everyone to share any exhibition / championships in the respective cities? I would love to visit those as well.

I have a non-profit volunteering program (from my organization) this Saturday (27 Feb) to IDA in Mumbai. Looking forward to the event.
Sorry to have missed your programme on the 27th Feb. as we are out of town at present. Looking forward to any future programmes - by the way, what does IDA stand for?
Old 29th February 2016, 15:47   #4056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Sorry to have missed your programme on the 27th Feb. as we are out of town at present. Looking forward to any future programmes - by the way, what does IDA stand for?
IDA = In Defence of Animals. Unfortunately, I was down with fever & couldn't make it. I'll try & fix some weekend & visit them. It's not very far for me.

The team has plans for catching up further & visiting the place or new ones going forth. Will keep all posted about that, in case anyone is interested.
Old 29th February 2016, 17:36   #4057
BHPian

Do any one in our forum have a English Bulldog ? I am planning to become a first time pet owner and I do love them.. Any suggestions ?
Old 8th March 2016, 22:55   #4058
BANNED

Two more from the bottom of the drawer! Daisy had just come into the family & like all boxers, had boundless energy till just before dropping off - and then would sleep the sleep of the just! Kluso (the name is a take on Inspector Clouseau of Pink Panther fame) at the time was not yet fully grown & he is still filled with the same mad, galumphing sense of fun that most boxers seem to possess.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-chintukli.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00239.jpg  

Old 8th March 2016, 23:38   #4059
BHPian

We are planning to get a GSD pup. Can anyone suggest a reputable/good breeder in Delhi?
Old 9th March 2016, 09:49   #4060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Two more from the bottom of the drawer! Daisy had just come into the family & like all boxers, had boundless energy till just before dropping off - and then would sleep the sleep of the just! Kluso (the name is a take on Inspector Clouseau of Pink Panther fame) at the time was not yet fully grown & he is still filled with the same mad, galumphing sense of fun that most boxers seem to possess.
Superb pics and equally brilliant captions, my Casper (Albino Boxer) is showing signs of old age, she was 30kgs a few months back and now is 13kgs. She first had a major pyometra which resulted in removal of her uterus and ovaries. She was recovering well and Pneumonia made her slip back to her weak state. She has been under medication for the last 2-3 months and has difficulty walking without our help. I know she is a fighter and she will jump back, but age is another factor which makes her healing very slow. I request you to take a moment and pray for her recovery

Pramod
Old 9th March 2016, 19:07   #4061
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Superb pics and equally brilliant captions, my Casper (Albino Boxer) is showing signs of old age, she was 30kgs a few months back and now is 13kgs. She first had a major pyometra which resulted in removal of her uterus and ovaries. She was recovering well and Pneumonia made her slip back to her weak state. She has been under medication for the last 2-3 months and has difficulty walking without our help. I know she is a fighter and she will jump back, but age is another factor which makes her healing very slow. I request you to take a moment and pray for her recovery
Pramod
Hello Pramod,

It is reassuring to learn that Casper got proper medical attention and that she is recovering well. We shall certainly be praying for her complete recovery. Yes, boxers have great fighting spirit and all they need is to have the family around them - I'm sure you know all this! It's just that when dog lovers meet all they can think of is doggie talk!

We feel very happy that you liked the captures of Daisy and Kluso. We lost Daisy to pyometra a few years ago because her condition was not diagnosed correctly and she did not get timely treatment. Looking forward to hearing more from you about our love for our pets as we go along!
Shashanka
Old 11th March 2016, 00:15   #4062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
We are planning to get a GSD pup. Can anyone suggest a reputable/good breeder in Delhi?
May I suggest you another option? Look around in OLX / Quikr etc and you may come across owners who want their dogs to be adopted due to different reasons. If you don't mind, please try to pick one of those (among your loved breeds).
Old 11th March 2016, 09:35   #4063
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
Her younger days.
Great captures narendra! - loved the one with the pups in the midst of their mock-fight! I picture our boxers in the same state of misleading ferocity - in complete silence & looking blood-curdling, but oh, so gentle in reality!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th March 2016 at 13:36. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 13th March 2016, 15:27   #4064
Distinguished - BHPian

A close friend is looking for a beagle pup. Please let me know where can we find one in / around Bangalore.

TIA !
Old 15th March 2016, 13:05   #4065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Google search has a list of reputed breeders in India including Delhi. Reputed breeders should have their pup's health book updated with the necessary inoculations so you can have more peace of mind. Some breeders also have the pups registered with one of the local Kennel Clubs. Ask if you can see the parents of the litter (dam & sire). Before taking home a pup, check the health book to ensure that the inoculation stickers are pasted in the relevant pages of the book and the inoculation dates are entered. You may check the nails of the pup to ensure that they have been clipped properly. A good kennel usually provides the food bowl & a puppy leash for the new owners. These are small things which show that the kennel cares, instead of just being a profitable business. It may cost a bit more than buying from private parties but peace of mind I feel is also important. Avoid taking home a pup under 6 weeks of age.
Wishing you happy times ahead!

Last edited by shashanka : 15th March 2016 at 13:09. Reason: grammar & spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks