Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2016, 19:53   #4246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Just curious and maybe concerned too, at what age is the pup separated from the mother in such cases? Doesn't the mother undergo trauma of her new born being taken away suddenly one day?
After the pup is weaned, i.e, when it starts eating solid food and is not dependent on suckling.
I think the fair practice is to take away pups one by one, and leave at least one pup with the dam.
Old 2nd December 2016, 10:16   #4247
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Meet Oscar & Bruno. These are two indie boys I have. Both are brothers. I need an advice from you all. Bruno is very playful and loving boy, while Oscar is very aggressive and at times attacks on Bruno and keeps growling on him. While most of the time Bruno just ignores & I see in his eyes that he is afraid of Oscar however there have been times when Bruno have retaliated to Oscar and both have indulged in a fight resulting in hurting each others and some time hurting me also when I was trying to stop them. I am trying to understand why Oscar is behaving like this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-bruno.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-oscar.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2016, 10:26   #4248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I am trying to understand why Oscar is behaving like this ?

Old 5th December 2016, 20:47   #4249
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Meet Oscar & Bruno. These are two indie boys I have. Both are brothers. I need an advice from you all. Bruno is very playful and loving boy, while Oscar is very aggressive and at times attacks on Bruno and keeps growling on him. While most of the time Bruno just ignores & I see in his eyes that he is afraid of Oscar ?
Are your dogs neutered? I have read and been told neutering cuts down the aggression by a huge margin.
Old 10th December 2016, 23:20   #4250
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need some urgent help. My dog Oscar the 2nd pic in my last post was not feeling well. He was puking & i took him to a vet. He was given emicet and some other injections. His body temperature was 99. The doctor recommended a 3 days course. However there wasn't any improvement even after the course. I took him to another doctor who did a blood test.

The Creatinine Value of him are 15. The doctor is saying his kidneys have failed. The doctor has recommended drips twice a day for next 7 days. And is saying she is not certain about the recovery :(. What are my options ?
Old 11th December 2016, 02:56   #4251
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
. The doctor has recommended drips twice a day for next 7 days. And is saying she is not certain about the recovery :(. What are my options ?
Please contact CGS hospital (s block, dlf phase 3) and nitibagh clinic (sushant lol) for help if you are in Gurgaon.
Old 11th December 2016, 09:59   #4252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Please contact CGS hospital (s block, dlf phase 3) and nitibagh clinic (sushant lol) for help if you are in Gurgaon.
Hi ray,

The doctor who is treating him is an ex CGS employee.
Old 12th December 2016, 11:38   #4253
BANNED

There is a stray kitten I am feeding these days. I buy him 10-15 Rs worth of mandali fish (golden achovies) everyday. And that's all he eats. Nothing else. He doesn't touch milk, biscuits or anything else. He eats this 3-4 times a day.

What else can be fed to the kitten - it's around a few old probably.

Also he likes to chew stuff. He chews my fingers, he chews the cardboard box where he sits. Is there anything else which can be given for him to chew on.

Last edited by carboy : 12th December 2016 at 11:41.
Old 12th December 2016, 13:57   #4254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
There is a stray kitten I am feeding these days. I buy him 10-15 Rs worth of mandali fish (golden achovies) everyday. And that's all he eats. Nothing else. He doesn't touch milk, biscuits or anything else. He eats this 3-4 times a day.

What else can be fed to the kitten - it's around a few old probably.

Also he likes to chew stuff. He chews my fingers, he chews the cardboard box where he sits. Is there anything else which can be given for him to chew on.
A love affair begins

Get whiska's kitten food (both the dry and wet variety). The kitty will love it. Yes, fish is also okay, but not everyday - try and rotate the food one after the other. You can also try curd/yoghurt (unflavoured). Very helpful for the kitty's stomach with all the probiotics and will help digest everything. Contrary to popular opinion Milk is a no-no.

Get a little bowl for her and keep it in a safe place where she knows there'll be food waiting.

I would also suggest taking the kitty to the local vet and have her/him vaccinated (for your own safety). A playful scratch or bite could mean you need to get shots next.

Give him plenty of cardboard to play with and scratch. They love this stuff. Maybe an old discarded teddy bear? (they love holding on to it and kicking about with their hind legs). You dont need any extravagant toys unless you plan to bring him under your home.

Any other questions, fire away. Enjoy the affair.

Last edited by Red Liner : 12th December 2016 at 13:59.
Old 12th December 2016, 17:44   #4255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

I would also suggest taking the kitty to the local vet and have her/him vaccinated (for your own safety).
What vaccination is this? Is it a single injection or more? Also is it painful for the kitten?

Quote:
Get whiska's kitten food (both the dry and wet variety).
Do they have just one kind of dry & one kind of wet? Or are there some varieties I need to chose from?

Last edited by carboy : 12th December 2016 at 17:47.
Old 12th December 2016, 18:13   #4256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What vaccination is this? Is it a single injection or more? Also is it painful for the kitten?

Do they have just one kind of dry & one kind of wet? Or are there some varieties I need to chose from?
The vaccinations are standard for cats, and it is as painful as a vaccination shot for a human baby. So dont worry about it. If the cat is wild, then you will have to repeat shots every year. However, if you plan to adopt and home-school the cat, then one vaccination for the life of the kitty is enough (provided he doesnt run out and intermingle with others - fights etc).

You get different flavours, - get small pouches of both the dry and wet kinds (you get tuna, chicken etc), and give your kitty some change in flavors. Visit your local pet shop, and check what they have - once you have settled in and know what he likes, you can always order off amazon.
Old 12th December 2016, 20:51   #4257
BANNED

Quote:
it is as painful as a vaccination shot for a human baby. So don't worry about it.
Not sure if I have guts to take him to a doc who will poke a needle into him :-(

Last edited by carboy : 12th December 2016 at 20:53.
Old 12th December 2016, 21:11   #4258
BHPian

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

The story begins about two weeks ago. Some mentally retarded cockroach separated 5 pups from the mother and left them in a gunny sack in our lane in the middle of the night. To cut a long story short, they are now with us and have just been to the vet for a dose of deworming after which they will get their first vaccination shots. All of them are very cute and very friendly, and very very adoptable.

So if you know of anyone who would like to adopt a dog in need, please let me know otherwise I am going to end up with a brood of 17 strays (yes yes we are a crazy family)!!!, and before anyone asks my daughter has posted on OLX/Quickr, and various adoption sites with no luck as yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-pups-1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pups-2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pups-8.jpg  

Old 13th December 2016, 19:25   #4259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if I have guts to take him to a doc who will poke a needle into him :-(
It's for the benefit of the animal, so please do it. I have never seen the puppies cry / howl except for once when our dog peed while being injected - that was after a surgery though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Desperate times call for desperate measures....my daughter has posted on OLX/Quickr, and various adoption sites with no luck as yet.
I think the only way out is to probably keep sending messages through your social media channels. It's strange that no adoption centres have come forward.
Old 13th December 2016, 22:27   #4260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It's for the benefit of the animal, so please do it. I have never seen the puppies cry / howl except for once when our dog peed while being injected - that was after a surgery though.
It's a little kitty, around 2-3 months old.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks