Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2018, 17:27   #4711
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Sorry about that. My cat looks like a younger & thinner version of your cat - 1.5 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. It leaves us inconsolable when our beloved 4 legged friends leave us. I started having such companions from my childhood too. I will have them till I die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
My condolences to you at this trying time. We are dog lovers, but I understand very well what you are going through, having experienced such a loss more than once. If I may I'd suggest that you get another pet as soon as you can. No better therapy to get you through such times.

Regards,
Shashanka
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Very Sorry to hear the loss of your friend Dean5545. I have always had pets at home and have been through the same multiple times. And the only way to feel better is get another companion home.
Thanks a lot guys. Means a lot to me. It is one month already since he passed away and we are still not accustomed to his absence. There was a rat menace in the house for a few days which made matters all the more difficult.
Old 19th March 2018, 20:55   #4712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
+1 my lab is not even leashed. Left free at his will and wish. We did not give him any special training as well. He is self trained and behaves better than we humans
Sorry for the l---a---t---e reply lazybrain, but I was just ambling through when I came across your post & I couldn't agree more with you. Our boxers (we've had them for the past 21 years or so) have not had a lead or collar on them inside the house - ever. While taking them for their ambles & runs around the park we always have the lead & collar / lead & harness on them. Like your lab, they too are masters/mistresses of their own will, never having been given any training as such &, like you said, I find them to be more civilized & decent in their behaviour than us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A 15-month old Mudhol hound at my cousin's place :

Attachment 1339360

This view does not show the typical lean, hunter looks. Felt good to be greeted by him after a year.

Lovely photo of the hound, condor. I know what you mean about the lean, hunter looks. And to be greeted by such a splendid creature - well, that would make my day too! Lucky cousin!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2018 at 15:03. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please see our FAQs on how to use the MULTIQUOTE feature. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2018, 07:13   #4713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My 9 year old Cassie on my lap. And my dear 11 year old Daisy peering up. She's a bit large to sit on my lap though.
Lovely kind hearted good natured pets.
God has been kind to give me their companionship.
No one quite like a doggy woggy as a friend.
You've nailed it! "God has been kind....." - that puts it in a nutshell. Nothing like a good nuzzle from your favourite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Our beloved Cherry is gone at 3 years old this Monday due to my negligence and wrong medical diagnosis she loved me the most and I killed her and betrayed her trust she never knew that the person she loved the most would kill and torture her. She had fever and I panicked and consulted another doctor in addition to ours and the decadron overdose killed her and destroyed her kidney liver and gastric failure. She is my daughter and the reason why I am alive. She was the light of our lives and everyone who knew her loved her. She is beautiful and I am sorry for everything. She suffered excruciating pain but fought bravely to be with us. RIP Cherry our golden girl and the best thing to ever happen to me. Please pray for Cherry that she is safe and returns to us unharmed from her sleep. I am so so sorry. RIP Cherry
Hello digitalnirvana,

Its been a while since we last spoke on the Naukuchiatal thread!
I am sorry for being late in offering my condolences - I hope the loss of Cherry has abated with time. Truly, 3 years is the prime of youth in a dog's life, and it is really unfortunate that Cherry died so young.
I hope you have acquired another pet since then. This is the best remedy under the circumstances, as most authorities suggest.

Cheers and all the best,
Shashanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
Sharing mine with pride.
Attachment 1538298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
Sharing with pride my son's pic!!....We call him Max!!
Cheers
Prasanth Krishnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Here's our tiger:.....3.5 months vs. probably a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
Guys this is Bruno.
He will be 1 year this October. Got him when he was just a month old......

Sorry for being late in my reply - was unavoidably detained! Wonderful photographs and each has the same common thread - your love for them clearly comes through. And
the best part is that they return the love in spades!

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th March 2018 at 15:04. Reason: Merging these consecutive posts too :)
Old 20th March 2018, 09:20   #4714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Thanks a lot guys. Means a lot to me. It is one month already since he passed away and we are still not accustomed to his absence. There was a rat menace in the house for a few days which made matters all the more difficult.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm happy to hear he had such a long life, and I'm sure a very happy one at that.

Having undergone this difficult stage several times (not proud of it); I'd suggest getting a new kitten or even an adult cat at the earliest. It's not a perfect move; nothing will replace your earlier family member completely. However it does fill a void; and in my case I observed the void is much larger for our parents than us. I'd suggest a similar route for you too.
Old 21st March 2018, 11:33   #4715
BHPian

Hi Shashanka, sorry I don't think I can ever have a pet again, that place belongs to Cherry and I killed her and betrayed her. It was not death due to natural causes or age. She is supposed to be here with me, right now. Someone else in her place is unfathomable.

Though I will not lie, I get urges to get someone to grow up with my son. But I yearn for my daughter. She ought to have been here. She would have been here if not for me
Old 21st March 2018, 11:38   #4716
BHPian

Here is a thread that can perhaps help some of you who have felt loss of your pets

https://amp.reddit.com/r/baww/commen...ogs_never_die/

It does not help me because I was, am and will be directly responsible for her death, but still it carries a meaningful message hence posting it.
Old 25th March 2018, 10:34   #4717
BANNED

The following photographs of Pearl & Kluso, our boxers, were taken recently after repairs to the car following an accident on the new toll road between Kiccha – Bareilly. We were on our way back from Naukuchiatal to Lucknow (fortunately without our pets) & the shunt took place just outside Bareilly. A burst rear tyre caused the car to veer off-road onto the sugar-cane fields, fortunately without hitting another vehicle or human being.

As per the eye-witnesses the car rolled over thrice before coming to rest right side up. Both of us walked out without a scratch - relatively speaking - on either of us. The cops (who came on to the scene sooner than I expected) were convinced that it was our Karma that saved us.

The repairs (in Bareilly) took 6 months under the insurance claim – apparently because the car is old (almost 14 years old today) and spares were difficult to come by - sharp observers will have noticed that the bonnet & headlight lenses are from a later model, not 2004 which is our car’s vintage! And the left and right ORVMs are not mirror images either!

For anyone interested in the state of the damaged car, I have attached a couple of photos (taken just after the accident) in the thread “When a bus I was in played roll-over” dated 7th March 2018 (posts 10 and 14) in the Road Safety section.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1030966.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1030961.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1030960.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1030965.jpg  

Last edited by shashanka : 25th March 2018 at 10:39.
Old 25th April 2018, 11:21   #4718
BHPian

I have 2 golden retriever and 2 German Shepard at my home town and would like to take Pedigree for them. Does any one have any idea where I can get about 20 Kilos of Pedigree at some discounted price in Bangalore?
Old 25th April 2018, 11:25   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I have 2 golden retriever and 2 German Shepard at my home town and would like to take Pedigree for them. Does any one have any idea where I can get about 20 Kilos of Pedigree at some discounted price in Bangalore?
Not trying to endorse any particular brand - But stay away from Pedigree. Even many of the vets with non-commercial interest will suggest you the same. Instead you can try Royal Canine OR Hills and buy the product depending upon the breed you own (in your case golden retriever and German Shepard, plenty of options available based on your dogs need). Though its bit expensive than pedigree its worth every penny. Just my 2 cents!
Old 25th April 2018, 12:00   #4720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Not trying to endorse any particular brand - But stay away from Pedigree. Even many of the vets with non-commercial interest will suggest you the same. Instead you can try Royal Canine OR Hills and buy the product depending upon the breed you own (in your case golden retriever and German Shepard, plenty of options available based on your dogs need). Though its bit expensive than pedigree its worth every penny. Just my 2 cents!
I have already tried Royal Canine for them and all 4 seem to like Pedigree more. Indeed I gave Royal Canine to the cat and the cat loved it . After this experience I started Pedigree for the dogs. All these 4 dogs are in my home town Sirsi and getting Pedigree or any other brand is a big challenge. I will be travelling to Sirsi next month so thought of buying it in Bangalore.

Last edited by meetbadri : 25th April 2018 at 12:01. Reason: Completing sentence.
Old 25th April 2018, 12:59   #4721
BHPian

Buy it online from paytm or amazon as they have substantial discounts. You might also try Drools focus, it is better than Pedigree which is mostly grain and soya protein
Old 25th April 2018, 15:59   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
I regularly feed my lab pedigree (for one meal) and I get it at a good discount from Metro Cash N Carry but you need to be a member to shop there. Discounts are close to 12% on MRP
Old 2nd May 2018, 15:20   #4723
Senior - BHPian

Hello members,
We have a 1.5 year old Indian pariah dog with us. A couple of weeks back, he was attacked by strays in the locality and suffered a few cuts and minor bruises on hind legs. We took him to a nearby vet who physically examined the bones and checked for deep wounds or bite marks. But thankfully all was well and he was given medication for minor wounds and anti-rabies shots.

He has had bowed front legs since birth and that is one reason we don't let him do intense exercise or running. As a daily routine, he goes for 30 min walks two times a day and that's pretty much it. He is in a fit shape and his bowed legs don't seem to hamper in his activites at all, be it while running, walking or playing.

From the last 2-3 days, he is limping on and off while walking and is also not able to rest his right hind leg (where he was targeted by the strays) firmly on the ground. To me, it looks like ligament tear but when I talked to the vet, he says that it is more likely to be a muscle pull as the dog didn't show these signs just after the attack (or even a few days after that attack).

When asleep, he is holding up his rear right leg momentarily from the last couple of days.

Any idea on what could be the cause of this limping? I have an appointment with the vet in the evening but would like to know if it something to worry about.
Old 2nd May 2018, 15:47   #4724
Distinguished - BHPian

I was reading the news earlier, and was delighted to note that Mumbai finally get's a 24/7 pet clinic, run by Dr. Umesh Karkare of Happy Tails.

https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/...w/63992185.cms

Having lost one of my pets (more like best friend) due to improper care and vet availability late night at the Parel Vet Hospital, I am very very glad to see that there is finally an alternative for those late night emergencies.

I have visited Dr. Karkare's set up a few times at Bandra for a second opinion, and I am glad to hear this. Given my experience with his clinic, I know it will be professionally run by a team of animal lovers & professionals.

Sharing this info here for those who may not know about it.
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:50   #4725
Distinguished - BHPian

Our maid was bitten by a dog last week. Yes, she went to the hospital and is getting the anti-rabies injections.

Apparently, she is not its first victim, and it has bitten children.

Our area has an ever-increasing dog population. The sad result is foreseeable. A child will be badly injured or worse, and then all the dogs will be cruelly killed.

So easy to prevent the suffering of both people and dogs by proper control. Sadly, so easy for the responsible authorities to do nothing.

Our kittens are two months old now. The kittens have been eating solid food for some time. I guess they continue to suckle because... comfort food! But I don't think they need to, and the mother is going for spaying this week. I do not trust her not to get pregnant again, and one cat was too many for me, let alone five.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 2nd May 2018 at 16:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks