Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2019, 22:47   #4891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

haha - that's an interesting experience, especially once the kiddos open their eyes and start moving around! Have had the joys (and the pains) of experiencing that!
They were born outside, but just by the front door. I did know them from birth. I also, being sure first that there was no objection from mum, touched them from day 1.

There was a short period during which she shifted them to a nextdoor plot, but she soon brought them back again.

I have the mum and the dad. Certainly didn't want five cats, but it is still sad to have lost two kittens so soon.
Old 14th January 2019, 23:07   #4892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My equation is that the more time they spend indoors, the less time they are in potential danger.
Well, that's true for humans also.
Old 15th January 2019, 15:02   #4893
BHPian

Re: To Bengaluru Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi Joe,

Did you find a good Lab puppy, I am trying to find one since last three months and all I get is puppy mill products where sometime there are 2-3 re sellers and nobody has any idea about Sire, Dam. We are looking for a chocolate pup, please let me know if you come across one from a good breeder where we can see Sire and Dam and have KCI papers.

Thanks
-Ijeet
Hi, i havent seen any good ones as of now. Im planning to not go to any shops or breeders. Will see if any known people sell pups so that we can have some confidence while buying one.
Will update if i come across any.

cheers, joe
Old 15th January 2019, 16:27   #4894
Senior - BHPian

ijeet,

Yashbans Kennels Bangalore has been around for long and have been reputed breeders and the owners are really passionate about dogs. I think they have a website. Please look it up

Aslo, Dogs India has been a reliable site for information about breeders of specific breeds, I believe. You can try that as well. The Labrador pages gives details of few Bangalore based breeders, in the following;

http://www.dogsindia.com/labrador_retriever.htm

Some of the info on the page seem to be older than couple of years, but am sure you can get the contacts of promising breeders and see what comes up.

Yes, best avoid from shops and go to a reputed breeder.

All the best and may you find your pup soon!

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:
Hi Joe,

Did you find a good Lab puppy, I am trying to find one since last three months and all I get is puppy mill products where sometime there are 2-3 re sellers and nobody has any idea about Sire, Dam. We are looking for a chocolate pup, please let me know if you come across one from a good breeder where we can see Sire and Dam and have KCI papers.

Thanks
-Ijeet

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 15th January 2019 at 16:32.
Old 16th January 2019, 14:17   #4895
BANNED

The vet gave me one of these tablets to feed my cat

http://vekocare.com/product/product-...kick-tape-cat/

Apparently, it tastes good unlike other deworming tablets & also only 1 is enough.

I am going to try giving it to my cat next month.

It's impossible to give him the regular deworming tablets. Even the vet finds it difficult - last year she had her assistant hold him & then he inserted the tablet in his mouth with a forcep & held him for a minute or two. He pretended he had swallowed it & then spit it right out after she let him go.

Let's see how it goes this time. He hasn't been dewormed for more than a year and a half now
Old 16th January 2019, 14:49   #4896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Have to still keep her in quarantine and under medication for another few more days before she can be let out on her own.

Looks like she's dodged the bullet this time !
She is fully fit now and taking regular food, and some oral medicines. No more injections and IV.
She's longing for company and was howling, so placed the 2 pups (her half brothers) on the terrace from last evening, and it was a quiet night with 3 of them making themselves comfortable in the attic.
Gauging by her impatience, it's a couple more days in the terrace at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
The vet gave me one of these tablets to feed my cat
Would try this, as it is next to impossible to administer medicine, especially oral ones to a cat that is unwilling.
After every surgery or major illness, I have to cage the cat, wear full sleeved jackets and heavy duty gloves, and then administer oral medicine (often reconstituted liquid antibiotics or syrups) via a syringe.
Old 16th January 2019, 20:12   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe angelo View Post
Hi, i havent seen any good ones as of now. Im planning to not go to any shops or breeders. Will see if any known people sell pups so that we can have some confidence while buying one.
Will update if i come across any.

cheers, joe
Hi Joe,

I recently found one. Born at a coffee plantation in Chikamanglur to well cared for parents with good temperament. I think I just got lucky, there are almost no good options for good puppies apart from these puppy mills.

Pups will be in Bangalore on 19th. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
ijeet,

Yashbans Kennels Bangalore has been around for long and have been reputed breeders and the owners are really passionate about dogs. I think they have a website. Please look it up

Aslo, Dogs India has been a reliable site for information about breeders of specific breeds, I believe. You can try that as well. The Labrador pages gives details of few Bangalore based breeders, in the following;

http://www.dogsindia.com/labrador_retriever.htm

Some of the info on the page seem to be older than couple of years, but am sure you can get the contacts of promising breeders and see what comes up.

Yes, best avoid from shops and go to a reputed breeder.

All the best and may you find your pup soon!

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks Ram for the suggestions, I did check Yashbans but sadly they do not breed Labs. Checked few other breeders listed at Dogsindia.com. Only one had litter on the floor but that also was booked.

Last edited by ijeet : 16th January 2019 at 20:34.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:42   #4898
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2201426_1.html

Health Insurance for pet cats and dogs. Sadly my tropical fish are not included. Maybe it is because they occasionally eat each other up.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:44   #4899
Distinguished - BHPian

I always had health insurance for animals in GB. Vet fees are very high. For example, the sadly-last day of one London cat's life cost around 20k Rs, nearly 20 years ago.
Old 24th January 2019, 10:01   #4900
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I recently found one. Born at a coffee plantation in Chikamanglur to well cared for parents with good temperament. I think I just got lucky, there are almost no good options for good puppies apart from these puppy mills.

Pups will be in Bangalore on 19th. Lets see how it goes.
Wow. At last a good news. Please share the information. Its been a while seeing some great lineage pups.

joe
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:20   #4901
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets

Another Sunday morning,

Regards,
Pradeep.
Old 14th March 2019, 23:52   #4902
BHPian

Introduction of baby carlos to jim uncle went well...
just look at his face
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20190312_075027.jpg  

Old 17th March 2019, 11:29   #4903
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
Introduction of baby carlos to jim uncle went well...
just look at his face
Great capture, pyrodrive! Traditional enemies can also make for great friends - specially if they have been hand - reared since childhood.
Old 18th March 2019, 20:05   #4904
Distinguished - BHPian

Need suggestions for LED lamp for a fish tank / aquarium. Are there any submersible type lamps ?

Also, is Warm-white better than cool-daylight ?
Old 18th March 2019, 21:18   #4905
BHPian

Hello BHPians!
We have a lovely Labrador Retriever in our family named Hunter. He turned 4 years old last February. Posting a few pictures:

We brought him home when he was a year old. His previous owners couldn't take care of him, and wanted to sell him off to breeders. We paid them the money and brought him home instead, and it's been one of the best decisions we've taken. This picture is from the day he came home. Look how happy he is!

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0165.jpg

This is a picture of him on his 2nd birthday. He's such a looker.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0128.jpg

Just before winter sets in and there's a slight nip in the air, mom makes him wear my old clothes.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0013.jpg

A photo of us together.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0199.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks