Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2019, 22:27   #4936
Team-BHP Support

I am not a pet person personally (although I do adore my neighbours shih tzu dog as an exception.) Stumbled on this thread and thought some of you might find this useful.

A close friend is in the process of setting up a venture called Nutty's Den. You can connect with him at <nuttysdenpetworld@gmail.com> and he can help sort your queries / connect you with breeders / help you decide which breed is best for you.

I am guessing for newbies like me and for experienced people too, getting a dog needs as much as R&D as getting a new/ used car. The more info you can get from experts the better.

He's just set up the Instagram page for the venture. Website to go live in a couple of weeks.

<www.instagram.com/nuttysden>
Old 18th June 2019, 07:15   #4937
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Capt Zack has some interesting products for my 'four-legged friend'. One of which is a water-less wash. Knowing how much my pet refuses to have a bath, this one has come handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_8962.jpg  

Old 18th June 2019, 10:50   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Capt Zack has some interesting products for my 'four-legged friend'. One of which is a water-less wash. Knowing how much my pet refuses to have a bath, this one has come handy.
That is nice. Please write a detailed review about the products you have used. I have a problem with my German Shepherd - he detests bathing. He has clumps of matted fur in some places. The vet advised cutting them off as and when needed and also advised to reduce the frequency of bathing.

In Madras it is very difficult to locate a good kennel for a short stay.
Old 18th June 2019, 10:57   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He has clumps of matted fur in some places. The vet advised cutting them off as and when needed and also advised to reduce the frequency of bathing.
Brushing him on a daily basis should help with the clumps.
Old 18th June 2019, 11:18   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
Brushing him on a daily basis should help with the clumps.
Sorry Aditya. I tried to no avail. The brush gets clogged in no time and some times the bristle gets too close to his skin and he gets angry.
Old 18th June 2019, 11:26   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Aditya. I tried to no avail. The brush gets clogged in no time and some times the bristle gets too close to his skin and he gets angry.
Does he have a skin condition? Have you tried taking him to a dog spa. I am sure Chennai should have a few good ones. Just suggesting.
Old 18th June 2019, 11:34   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Does he have a skin condition? Have you tried taking him to a dog spa. I am sure Chennai should have a few good ones. Just suggesting.
Thanks Aditya. Nope - he has no skin condition. I want to dispel a myth about Madras which has become Chennai now - being the biggest Metro in South India - you will think that you can buy anything here. Far from it. You can't even get decent meat here - mutton, beef or pork. Everything is brought from Bangalore - from tomatoes to meat not to mention even the water. Spa ? What is that ? in Madras of all the places ?
Old 18th June 2019, 11:53   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya. Nope - he has no skin condition. I want to dispel a myth about Madras which has become Chennai now - being the biggest Metro in South India - you will think that you can buy anything here. Far from it. You can't even get decent meat here - mutton, beef or pork. Everything is brought from Bangalore - from tomatoes to meat not to mention even the water. Spa ? What is that ? in Madras of all the places ?
Did not know things were this bad. My place of birth is Madras and I have worked in Chennai for a brief period from 2007-2010.

The reason i suggested a pet spa is cause i know a few in Bangalore (better half is from Bangalore).

OT: Atleast you get meat in Chennai (pork/beef). I have been in Gujarat since 2015 and I have forgotten what they taste like.
Old 18th June 2019, 12:05   #4944
Senior - BHPian

I feel sad reading about your pet. I have used the waterless shampoo, which is paraben free and won't irritate his skin. I just spray it and wipe it off. The mane looks glorious and well managed. Just go to their site and order online, will be delivered to you FOC (promotional offer)

Quote:
I have a problem with my German Shepherd - he detests bathing.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_7255.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th June 2019 at 12:23. Reason: Fixed broken quotes.
Old 18th June 2019, 12:11   #4945
BHPian

Quote:
Did not know things were this bad. My place of birth is Madras and I have worked in Chennai for a brief period from 2007-2010.

The reason i suggested a pet spa is cause i know a few in Bangalore (better half is from Bangalore).
Things are getting murkier these days in Madras. Despite the traffic snarl in Bangalore, it is a lot better than our Madras. Every time I come to Bangalore, I cart a lot of things back home. It is another story.

Quote:
OT: Atleast you get meat in Chennai (pork/beef). I have been in Gujarat since 2015 and I have forgotten what they taste like.
Oh My. Forget my dogs - even I can't live with out my steaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring;
I feel sad reading ....

Thanks a ton. It sure looks glorious. That is a grand looking pet. Congratulations !

Last edited by Prowler : 18th June 2019 at 12:14. Reason: Added extra message
Old 18th June 2019, 12:12   #4946
BHPian

Quote:

Oh My. Forget my dogs - even I can't live with out my steaks.
Imagine my plight. I am originally from Kerala.
Old 18th June 2019, 12:32   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Imagine my plight. I am originally from Kerala.
I understand. A couple of months ago, I went to my dentist about a painful tooth condition. She suggested that I go easy on biting hard stuff. I told her - Doctor - there are few things in this world that I live for - eating steak is one of them. If I can't have my favorite food, there is no point in my life.

She put a steel crown in my tooth without another word.
Old 18th June 2019, 12:58   #4948
Distinguished - BHPian

Cats have no need, but I took one to a vet clinic in Adyar a while back and seem to remember some sort of spa facility. It might have been "JP" clinic but I can check that out if the location suits you.
Old 18th June 2019, 13:13   #4949
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Cats have no need
Absolutely. I haven't washed my cat for 2 years (I stopped after a couple of rather difficult attempts when he scratched the hell out of me). But my cat still smells far better than me. And my cat is an indoor/outdoor cat & he rolls around outside everyday. That's one of the pleasures of having a cat as a pet - very low maintenance, especially if the cat is allowed out. They entertain themselves, exercise themselves, groom themselves. All you have to provide is food.

Last edited by carboy : 18th June 2019 at 13:15.
Old 18th June 2019, 15:19   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Absolutely. I haven't washed my cat for 2 years (I stopped after a couple of rather difficult attempts when he scratched the hell out of me). But my cat still smells far better than me.
Haha. I think a lot of us had rather painful experiences while trying to bath our cats. Somehow these buggers think we are trying to drown them or something.
But my present cats like water, there is a reservation system for the washbasin now-a-days, the cat that comes in first gets to lie in the wet basin.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20190618_152044.jpg

If it needs a bath, well you just need to turn on the faucet!

Last edited by pyrodrive : 18th June 2019 at 15:23.

Most Viewed