Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-341.html)

Wonderful! Well done, Condor!

Three closures followed each other in the family recently, almost on each other’s heels.
My M-I-L passed away (she was 82) on 17th July.

Less than 2 months later Pearl, our checked boxer (white with a chocolate patch on her right ear) left us on the 4th of September. She was 10.
And Kluso, our inspired gingerbread, left us on 17th Oct, little more than a month after Pearl. He was 12.
We did what we could to hold them back. But we knew that they could not cope with Ma’s passing away and with
the changed environment and atmosphere at home.

We wish they knew what kind of void they have left behind for us to cope with.

Terribly sorry for your loss. Pearl & Kluso will have known your love and hopefully someday you will meet them again.

To loose a mother and two companions in such a short time is too much. Sympathy and condolencies to you and your family.

What can fill the void? At least the dog-shaped one? Every time one of my mum's dogs died, she would insist that it was too much heartbreak, and she would never have another one. I don't think it was ever much more than a couple of weeks before there was a new puppy in the house. Of course, nothing can replace the ones you loved --- but you can love someone new too.

I hate reading pet obituaries, I can understand your pain Shashanka.

Here is the newest member of our family.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-da6c081de900478eb6afe6f48e76ef5c.jpeg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-8c275ea139fd43f88edf4d2481d8a004.jpeg

Pramod

Always sad when a pet goes :(

Btw, on a more happy note, the second baby Warbler. Hanging around in a tree near there. Was able to get within 2 feet to take this pic. It just sat there, quietly. Hope the birdie sets away soon.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-babywarbler.jpg

Amazing condor. By the way, you seem to be surrounded by lots of trees and green. Lucky you.

And before I forget, its a first that a Condor has rescued two baby warblers :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Liner (Post 4683458)
Amazing condor. By the way, you seem to be surrounded by lots of trees and green. Lucky you.

And before I forget, its a first that a Condor has rescued two baby warblers :D

Good one, Red Liner ! This Condor loves animals - but outside the plate :). And Thank you !

It's a place I sometimes go to - it's outside the city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalnirvana (Post 4682779)
Terribly sorry for your loss. Pearl & Kluso will have known your love and hopefully someday you will meet them again.

Thank you ditalnirvana - we have the same hope, that we come across them someday and that they have been cared for in the interim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 4682792)
To loose a mother and two companions in such a short time is too much. Sympathy and condolencies to you and your family.
What can fill the void? At least the dog-shaped one? Every time one of my mum's dogs died, she would insist that it was too much heartbreak, and she would never have another one. I don't think it was ever much more than a couple of weeks before there was a new puppy in the house. Of course, nothing can replace the ones you loved --- but you can love someone new too.

Thank you, Thad. I have given the same suggestion to my friends in these circumstances and I hope we can get there soon. Looking back over the years (and marvelling at our enthusiasm and energy!) it seems daunting at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pramodkumar (Post 4682892)
I hate reading pet obituaries, I can understand your pain Shashanka.
Here is the newest member of our family....
Pramod

Lovely photos, Pramod! - just what the doctor ordered in fact. Yes, this breed is one which returns the emotional investment in spades - so give them all you can.
Boxers - to us - are the canine equivalent of one of Jeeves' famous pick-me-ups. If you are facing a downer (and who amongst of us doesn't) they sense it soon
and will try to drag you out of it with their demented tactics and display of affection - at times their boisterousness can be overwhelming!

Hello Folks,
While some of you already know Aari who has turned 3 this year. I would like to introduce Zar who turned 1 this month (I know it's a late introduction 🙂)

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192324.728535.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192410.833269.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192541.740623.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192656.113735.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192732.084253.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192756.802355.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1574192835.591367.jpg

Regards,
Pradeep.

It has been a while I made a video on our weekend mornings which is a regular affair.
I have put some clips together from the morning.

https://youtu.be/kxfTW0We1FU

Regards,
Pradeep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 4696031)
I would like to introduce Zar who turned 1 this month

Regards,
Pradeep.

is Zar a Belgian Malinos? They are a high energy breed, suited for people with very active life styles. I would love to own one, but I cannot keep up with the breed, I have seen and read about the commitment they need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorpsycho (Post 4704395)
is Zar a Belgian Malinos? They are a high energy breed, suited for people with very active life styles. I would love to own one, but I cannot keep up with the breed, I have seen and read about the commitment they need.

Yes,
We keep both of them quite engaged physically and mentally. They train everyday on many things. Aari recently made his first appearance at PetEx this year with my wife as his handler.
She is working with Zar on PSA, if things go well they will attempt the certification end of next year.

Regards,
Pradeep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdma (Post 4702983)
It has been a while I made a video on our weekend mornings which is a regular affair.
I have put some clips together from the morning....

Very nice pets you have Sir. I have become fan of the Belgian Malinois since I started seeing him at Westin as a sniffer dog. Quite calm and composed and highly intelligent. If only I had one .
Where were you able to find it in Hyderabad and if you could share the details or cost would be helpful. It will be close to two years very soon after losing my lab and I feel this strong vibe of getting a dog home.
Already feeding 5 strays of my colony.

We had a Rottweiler (Bozo) and now we have a Labrador (Scooby, 1.5 years old). They came together into our lives and were inseparable. Bozo passed away this September due to kidney failure, leaving Scooby and us heart broken and in terrible loss. But Scooby and we are together trying to figure out our lives without Bozo.

Both Bozo and Scooby had travelled with us to Coochbehar (North Bengal) and Kokrajhar (Assam) last January. This January we are planning a trip to the hills with Scooby, hoping he will be able to enjoy the mountains and rivers to the fullest.