Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2009, 08:51   #511
BHPian

OZZ Man

Thats Ozzy the newest member of my Family. He's only One and a Half months Old but already chewed up half my house and become the hero of all the girls in my apartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-ozzy.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 10:27   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bazius : .. already chewed up half my house and become the hero of all the girls in my apartment.
@ Bazius, how many girls in your apartment ?
Old 8th April 2009, 14:29   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

More lovely smile-inducing pics!

Ozz is certainly a show stealer --- and I'm sure he's going to drive you crazy with quite a few months of chewing yet!
Old 12th April 2009, 14:07   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Dobe pup, making himself comfortable as I lay down to check out the Ikon's horn.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pethead.jpg

He's about 10 weeks now.
Old 12th April 2009, 14:18   #515
Senior - BHPian

Torque; which car? How comfortable were the front seats after she filled up the rear seats?

Condor: sweet. Name and more pix of him please. Rare color.
Old 12th April 2009, 14:47   #516
Senior - BHPian

Here is a photo of my golden retriever GOOFY who unfortunately passed away in December 2008. He used to suffer from fits, seizures.

He was only 3.5 yrs old. Still miss him every single day.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc02478.jpg
Old 12th April 2009, 21:31   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh, how sad that Goofy lived such a short life.

There was a dog just like that in my childhood; we grew up together
Old 13th April 2009, 13:00   #518
BANNED

Not my pet but this lady who used to stay next door to our apartment.

She was a widow and staying all alone as her children were all settled abroad. She had a dog as a pet, she had picked him from the streets as a puppy. That guy grew up to be a very healthy and strong dog. She was then in her late 60's. He used to stay at our place whenever the owner used to go visiting her children. He was very friendly and well behaved - used to eat only from his plate.

He was about 5 years and quite healthy when this really spooky incident occured. The old lady in her early 70's then, suddenly one night took very ill. She called us in the middle of the night and said she was not feeling too good. We rushed to her house and saw her in a very bad state. Quickly called the ambulance. She passed away 3 days later in the hospital. Her children came down a day before she expired but stayed at their ancestral house which was a few kilometers away from her apartment.

During those 3 days Bruno was given food by my younger sister but he neither ate nor drank any water. He used to go back to his house in the night to sleep on her bed. He seemed sad and used to miss her but he never acted this way when she used to go on vacation. My sister used to cry as he didnt touch any food.

On the 5th day since she left for the hospital and the body was in resting at their ancestral house, Bruno died the morning she was to be laid to rest.

We were shocked and very very sad. Her pet somehow knew what happened. We rushed him to a vet but he was not sure of the cause. He did suggest an autopsy but we didnt think it was required.

Her children were shocked too as she used to always tell them that she has to go back home to be with Bruno and he will be missing her. She used to always talk about himand his antics when she used to be at their place. They consented to burying him in the compound of their ancestral house next to a bench in the garden, the old lady used to spend a lot of time reading books on with her faithful Bruno next to her feet.

Somewhere up there i know they are still doing that.

I have always been amazed by the unconditional love these creatures have for their owners. We still do visit the grave sometime which has a nice tombstone on it.
Spitfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2009, 13:07   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic story Spitfire. All animals have an ESP which we humans cannot put a finger on. And unconditional love which we homo sapiens cannot hold a candle to.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:12   #520
Senior - BHPian

I know this for a fact that Dogs do have a sixth sense or a sense of sniffing trouble & death. They Howl when they know death is near.

I have experienced this first hand. Will not state any example here.

I used to think it's only superstitious or only shown in Movies but beleive it or not - Dogs do sense death.

By the way Spitfire - I know many dogs who generally do not eat when their owner goes away or dies.

DOG is a Man's Best Friend as these creatures offer absolute unconditional love.

I just wish & pray that people in our country become a little more sympathetic towards animals. The way people treat stray dogs or stray animals is inhumane. Especially in states like Bihar & UP.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:19   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@ Bazius, how many girls in your apartment ?
Sorry man I should have specified they are lil girls in other words kids.
Old 13th April 2009, 18:49   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Shikari .. !

Quote:
jkdas : Condor: sweet. Name and more pix of him please. Rare color.
@JK, thanks ! The name's a bit of a struggle .. not able to decide which one. He's already showing hunting skills like a born shikari - ants, frogs .. Think we could name him (Shikari) Shambu .

Here's another, taken at about the same time ..
Team-BHPians and their Pets-snug-nap.jpg

Quote:
Bazius : Sorry man I should have specified they are lil girls in other words kids.
Or even apartment 'complex / building' ..
Old 27th April 2009, 07:18   #523
BHPian

Smoking Causes Incredible Cuteness

Check out Scuffy smoking. BEFORE you guys jump on me its just a piece of paper rolled up to look like a smoke. And the little one is OZZY.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0014.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0026.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscf0031.jpg  

Old 27th April 2009, 10:48   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Not my pet but this lady who used to stay next door to our apartment......
Very touching incident Spitfire ! Dogs do have an unconditional love for their master ! And they have great sensory powers too !
Old 27th April 2009, 11:43   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Here is a photo of my golden retriever GOOFY who unfortunately passed away in December 2008. He used to suffer from fits, seizures.

He was only 3.5 yrs old. Still miss him every single day.

Attachment 124256
Hey vkochar! Can you tell me if Goofy was being treated and how and by whom? My girl friend's boxer has the same symptoms and we are trying to figure out a *cure*.

Most Viewed