Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 13:54   #5971
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Others have suggested, buy a decent quality de shedding brush for your dog and use it daily, that will help greatly. I would suggest to put any bedsheets or your dog's bedding (if it fits) inside your car when you take him out, that way you'll need not worry about your car interior. There are certain shampoos available too but I won't recommend them unless consulted with the vet. Also can we see your GSD ? You gotta pay the 'Pet tax' as is the tradition in this thread !
I do brush him daily and still once inside the car as he doesnt settle quickly, he turns the bedsheet into a pillow :-). Looks like I have to go for a proper seat cover so that cleaning with damp cloth removes the hair.

Paying my Pet Tax. Simmba in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20220607-1.50.40-pm.jpeg  

sathya_g_m is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 19:11   #5972
BHPian

Urgent Adoption appeal ! Location Gurgaon

Hi fellow BHPians. need your help in getting these 2 cats adopted. We have been fostering them for about a year now (6 months to be precise), but now we are moving out of India and can't take them with us. I must admit that we didn't try too hard for finding a permanent home for them in these few months, but now it has become a compulsion.

These two are about 1 year and 2 months old, one Male and one Female Indie cats. Both are neutered/Spayed, vaccinated, litter trained and raised at home on a completely non-veg diet. Both are still young, playful and healthy.

Please help all you can to find a loving and caring family for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-7d51d07074e14b8d9f940280479db1e4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-a2c82d555e6c49a2b1e1decb6f956543.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-c5935f0d04d74bdaa8cfb6fe14962c63.jpg  

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 15th June 2022 at 19:13.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 12:29   #5973
BHPian

Welcome Sherry to our family.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20220614122256.jpg
With her parents
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20220616wa0003.jpg
Sleeping under the bed
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20220616093150.jpg
Vinod_nair is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 13:28   #5974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
need your help in getting these 2 cats adopted. We have been fostering them for about a year now (6 months to be precise), but now we are moving out of India and can't take them with us. I must admit that we didn't try too hard for finding a permanent home for them in these few months, but now it has become a compulsion.
That is not a easy situation to handle. Kittens get adopted, adults don't. Apologies if this sounds rude, but fostering (actually parenting) for 6 months is not good, especially once they grow up. Plus at the age they are now, they would have been completely used to you (as pet parents).

Don't have any active connects in Gurgaon, so hopefully for the kiddos, you do get the necessary support in getting them adopted. Which country are you moving to - is the constraint from the target country's health requirements? Let me know if you need pointers on that.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:25   #5975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Urgent Adoption appeal ! Location Gurgaon

Please help all you can to find a loving and caring family for them.
Sorry man, but these kittens are your family. Its going to be very difficult for both of you to part ways. Do look into the idea of taking them with you - there are plenty of people who will help you with this and Ninja is one such. I hope your personal funds are not a constraint. What will be worse is these two go to separate homes and are split from each other. It does seem they have created a beautiful bond between the two of them. Would you want to break that?

On the other hand, if you have reached out to friends and family and nobody has still come forward means only one thing. You're theirs!

Last edited by Red Liner : 16th June 2022 at 16:26.
Red Liner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 17:59   #5976
Distinguished - BHPian

Adult cats can take to a new home, but, more often, it may be because they have found it and decided to move!

It is not a hopeless case. Plainly the two cats are very much attached to each other, and should not be separated, but even there dynamics can change when faced by something like a house/family change.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 10:58   #5977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Adult cats can take to a new home, but, more often, it may be because they have found it and decided to move!

It is not a hopeless case. Plainly the two cats are very much attached to each other, and should not be separated, but even there dynamics can change when faced by something like a house/family change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Sorry man, but these kittens are your family. Its going to be very difficult for both of you to part ways. Do look into the idea of taking them with you - there are plenty of people who will help you with this and Ninja is one such. I hope your personal funds are not a constraint. What will be worse is these two go to separate homes and are split from each other. It does seem they have created a beautiful bond between the two of them. Would you want to break that?

On the other hand, if you have reached out to friends and family and nobody has still come forward means only one thing. You're theirs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
That is not a easy situation to handle. Kittens get adopted, adults don't. Apologies if this sounds rude, but fostering (actually parenting) for 6 months is not good, especially once they grow up. Plus at the age they are now, they would have been completely used to you (as pet parents).

Don't have any active connects in Gurgaon, so hopefully for the kiddos, you do get the necessary support in getting them adopted. Which country are you moving to - is the constraint from the target country's health requirements? Let me know if you need pointers on that.
Thanks guys, for the responses and suggestions. A few points from my side that can, hopefully, answer your questions and convey my standing a bit better:

1. I won't say they are very attached to each other. Yes they are used to the company of each other. One of them went missing for a few days a month back and the other one did not appear to be missing him at all. and once we found the missing one after 5 days and brought him home, the other one didn't even allow him to come near for a couple of days! these are wild cats, not bred to be pets like Persian cats. The moment they get an opportunity, they run out of the house. I would say we are more attached to them and concerned about them. They are just used to of the luxury treatment they are getting

2. Still we are trying for adoption in pair only. But I think they would do just fine alone too. Esp the female (grey one). I am more concerned for the male (ginger).

3. We are on a tight budget, and we don't know how long we will be out of India. Maybe just one year, may be 3 years, maybe even more.We might be moved to some other country depending on the business needs as well. I am OK for someone to foster them for the time being, but not knowing for how long is the issue. I am selling my 1.5 year old 5th gen Honda City CVT too (less than 10K KM driven), so you can imagine, not an easy decision.

4. We are moving to Vietnam, not a particularly easy country to move cats. Trivia - it is banned now I think (or at least discouraged) but cats were a food there. Plus, these being Indie/Desi cats, would be difficult to move them out of India.

Had I known we would have to move so soon, I would not have adopted them. I am an animal lover and parting with them is a very emotionally draining decision. I am not taking my old parents with me as well (they don't want to come either, so not really a straight comparison), don't judge me please.

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 17th June 2022 at 11:01.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 12:19   #5978
Senior - BHPian

This is my sokoke cat, Found him as a kitten in 2018 - now hes 4 years old. Very play full and very very active. We call him "Chothu"

Team-BHPians and their Pets-sok.jpg
Captain Slow is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 14:46   #5979
Senior - BHPian

A new stray cat that we feed has a habit of biting our toes. The first time it happened I was startled and in turn startled the cat too. Later I realized he does not mean harm but just wants to nibble on toes and sometimes on fingers. I am okay but my mom almost jumped out of scare when he bit her toe ever so gently. Is it because he is young? He is one of the very first surviving litter of another stray cat that we feed. About 1.5 years old. Can we train him not to bite? That's actually his favorite activity whenever he visits us.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 15:11   #5980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
A new stray cat that we feed has a habit of biting our toes. The first time it happened I was startled and in turn startled the cat too. Later I realized he does not mean harm but just wants to nibble on toes and sometimes on fingers. I am okay but my mom almost jumped out of scare when he bit her toe ever so gently. Is it because he is young? He is one of the very first surviving litter of another stray cat that we feed. About 1.5 years old. Can we train him not to bite? That's actually his favorite activity whenever he visits us.
Its just their way of play and love- My cats do that all the time especially the younger ones. I have an old cat she's about 9 years old, she doesn't do this.
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 15:18   #5981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Its just their way of play and love- My cats do that all the time especially the younger ones. I have an old cat she's about 9 years old, she doesn't do this.
Right on, I shall keep this in mind!
Old 17th June 2022, 15:27   #5982
Senior - BHPian

Just curious to ask other Cat parents out here -
Does your cat play fetch? I have a new one that behaves like a dog!! She Loves playing with toys and small balls. She always gets things back to me and waits for me to throw them again.
Captain Slow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 17:23   #5983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
... Do look into the idea of taking them with you ...
Quote:
We are moving to Vietnam, not a particularly easy country to move cats. Trivia - it is banned now I think (or at least discouraged) but cats were a food there.
Actually, I take the point of view that subjecting animals to flight is to be avoided where possible. It is bad enough for us, who understand what is going on and are not separated from fellow beings. Also, things can go wrong, not only in the flight, but also at either end where airport staff/officials may not comprehend or appreciate that an item of cargo is a sentient being, and precious to you.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 18:02   #5984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Just curious to ask other Cat parents out here -
Does your cat play fetch? I have a new one that behaves like a dog!! She Loves playing with toys and small balls. She always gets things back to me and waits for me to throw them again.
Quite normal for cats to do this. Two of my friends have cats who like to fetch tirelessly. Whereas my dog just give after 7-8th attempt.
creative420 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:48   #5985
Senior - BHPian

Need some help on a lost kitten :

Since morning this day, what seem like a 2 month old kitten has found its way into our compound and is crying for help non stop. Will be about 4 hours since it is meowing and his mom (which I guess is one of the stray cats that we feed) hasn't come around. I tried giving it water, milk and kitten food but it just scurries away at slightest movement and sound and is restless.
A male cat that nibbles at our feet is here but he slapped the kitten hard and doesn't like it around. What to do? I could feed him, comfort him but does not look like its accustomed to humans at all or at least is not trusting me. Is it cats' way of teaching their kittens the ways of life?
amol4184 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks