Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:09   #6301
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
What's the update on her food situation?
Have started to mix RC Puppy (Chicken) & N&D Puppy (Chicken) Mishti isnt very greedy for food so it is still difficult to make her eat well. Now we feed dog food twice a day (once at 8 AM & then at 8 PM) and in the afternoon 4 PM we give her Cheese & Boiled Egg on alternate days. The dog food is soaked in hot chicken broth for 30 mins before feeding her. These toy breeds are fussy eaters anyhow. However I am worried that her brother from the same litter is 3.3 Kgs and she is just above 2 KGs. I take solace that females are lighter than their male counterparts. As per my parents, even me as a child did not throw so many tantrums for food as much they are taking of Mishti
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230625wa0002.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230624wa0005.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230624wa0007.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 21:33   #6302
BHPian

Mishti brought a smile today, thank you for the photos
adrift@life is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 20:58   #6303
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought an import line Dogo Argentine male puppy in my family. Contrary to popular belief, he was a real sweetheart and a gentle dog. sadly I have to give it away because of his over active persona. I am living in a flat and this guy needs a farm house to run. I never came across an active breed like this even though I had boerboel, akita, Rottweiler, bully, French mastiff in the past.
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 08:57   #6304
Senior - BHPian

Update: The battery gave up under one year. I dont think cordless vacuum cleaners are the way to go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My Buddy starting shedding a lot of hair lately (It's more in winter). Was searching for a pet specific hand-vac and one was available (but only in the UK). requested my brother to hand-carry one. This is called Black & Decker PET, is about a foot long and does quite a job
Old 31st July 2023, 18:08   #6305
BHPian

Hi guys,

I'm sharing this on behalf of a friend who is a pet parent to an indie and wanted to share his experience with a pet food company called Petamore.

"My dog Candy is a picky eater, and I can't cook fresh food for her since we're a vegetarian household. A friend recommended Petamore, a custom pet food supplier. I tried their food, and Candy loved it! She licked her bowl clean and even searched for the empty packet. Petamore's tailored meals are perfect for her.

Another great thing about the food is that I can carry them with me when we go on drives and on vacation. They don't need to be refrigerated. I'm grateful to them for solving my fuss pot's food dilemma. If you're looking for quality and personalized pet food, I highly recommend Petamore.

Zeeshan is available on 7829625474.

Mods: Kindly move this thread to the appropriate link if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-whatsapp-image-20230731-18.07.21.jpeg  

kiredd1005 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 23:29   #6306
BHPian

Meet Rumi. We adopted her in 2018 when she was 50 days old from a friend who's Female Lab had given birth to a litter of 7-8 puppies.

We take her around with on road trips every other month. She is 5.5 years old as of now.

We are planning a 17-18 days 3500-4000 kms road trip with her in November along the western coast of India from Mumbai to Kanyakumari and back.

I will write a detailed travelogue on the same post the trip.

When we first saw her ❤️
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20180506_17541201.jpg

After her first vaccination
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20180517_072037.jpg

Her second birthday
Team-BHPians and their Pets-screenshot_20200317223359__01.jpg

Recent trip to a nearby farm
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20230730_08001201.jpeg

She, staring at her 5th birthday cake.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-c00871c4f9847f0001f9f0415b1d798e.jpg

Last edited by AlokSharma : 5th September 2023 at 23:31.
AlokSharma is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 23:56   #6307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSharma View Post
Meet Rumi
What a cutie pie Alok! It is said the eye represents the window of the soul. When looking into her eyes, it’s like staring at an angel with overflowing love and innocence. Hugs and kisses for Rumi

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 00:36   #6308
BHPian

Quote:
Meet Rumi. We adopted her in 2018 when she was 50 days old from a friend who's Female Lab had given birth to a litter of 7-8 puppies.

We take her around with on road trips every other month. She is 5.5 years old as of now.

We are planning a 17-18 days 3500-4000 kms road trip with her in November along the western coast of India from Mumbai to Kanyakumari and back.

I will write a detailed travelogue on the same post the trip.

When we first saw her ❤️
Attachment 2499706

After her first vaccination
Attachment 2499707

Her second birthday
Attachment 2499708

Recent trip to a nearby farm
Attachment 2499709

She, staring at her 5th birthday cake.
Attachment 2499710
Thank you for sharing and making me smile. Rumi is very beautiful!
I had a girl Lab too (for 13+ years) and they are the sweetest and most intelligent.
Similarly, we used to celebrate her birthday every year and she loved (dog friendly) cake. She quickly caught on to birthdays very early and always knew birthdays (hers and ours) meant cake!

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 6th September 2023 at 00:39.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 07:44   #6309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
What a cutie pie Alok! It is said the eye represents the window of the soul. When looking into her eyes, it’s like staring at an angel with overflowing love and innocence. Hugs and kisses for Rumi
Cheers

Thank you for your kind words. She is indeed the little sunshine of our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Thank you for sharing and making me smile. Rumi is very beautiful!
I had a girl Lab too (for 13+ years) and they are the sweetest and most intelligent.
Similarly, we used to celebrate her birthday every year and she loved (dog friendly) cake. She quickly caught on to birthdays very early and always knew birthdays (hers and ours) meant cake!
Dogs are adorable. It is a treat to see them excited for their birthday cakes (offcourse dog friendly).

As they say, dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole and everyone thinks they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong.
AlokSharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:13   #6310
BHPian

Quote:
Meet Rumi.

Rumi, you are too sweet. Sometimes I wish, Labs shouldnt grow in size and always be like those puppies. Labs & goldie puppies are the cutest and then they grow to be handsome/ beautiful.

Let me know what all precautions you take for her to be on the road for long. I have a maltese × toy poodle mix named Mishti. We do not feed her anything before the travel, however havent taken her beyond 2.5 hours of travel time so far.

Indeed, dogs make our lives whole and everyone has the best dog
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230526wa0003.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230730wa0005.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230715wa0006.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230701wa0006.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 10:13   #6311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Let me know what all precautions you take for her to be on the road for long. I have a maltese × toy poodle mix named Mishti. We do not feed her anything before the travel, however havent taken her beyond 2.5 hours of travel time so far.

Indeed, dogs make our lives whole and everyone has the best dog
Mishti is so adorable. Such a sweet soul.

We regularly take Rumi for farm stays every 2 months or so. So she is used to travelling in the car. However, the longest we have taken her was a 6.5 hour road trip to Dapoli. We put a nice comfortable seat cover and also cover the legroom area of the rear with a cotton mattress, so she gets a wider area to lie down on. This also ensures she doesn't fall from the seat in the legroom space when there is any kind of braking. We take breaks every 3 hours for 20-30 mins and make her walk around to keep her comfortable. We feed her atleast 2 hours before the travel, so that she doesn't get the bloating feeling.

We plan to get a car bed (check Amazon) for the upcoming long road trip towards the end of this year. This will be the first time she will be doing a 17-18 day road trip from Mumbai to Kanyakumari and back. We will be carrying all her essential food, treats and first aid kit and emergency medicines for her. We are also looking to register for a emergency video call vet service (researching at present) for any exigencies.

We now plan to do annual long road trips every year and plan to include her always. Unfortunately, dogs have a small life and we have to remember them longer than having the privilege of loving them.Next year we may plan a trip to the north for her to experience snow for the first time.
AlokSharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 10:26   #6312
Senior - BHPian

Here's Simba. Now who's tamed out of the two
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20230903_131848.jpg  

Bibendum90949 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 01:24   #6313
BHPian

Hi guys.. any suggestions for a good shih tzu breeder anywhere in india ? Asking for my sister and its her first pet and they are keen on a shih tzu? She is located in Mumbai
Old 22nd September 2023, 06:48   #6314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalmaxout View Post
Hi guys.. any suggestions for a good shih tzu breeder anywhere in india ? Asking for my sister and its her first pet and they are keen on a shih tzu? She is located in Mumbai
May I please recommend finding local animal rescuers and seeing if they have a shitzu for adoption? I understand the sister might have developed a sudden fascination for this particular breed but breeders unfortunately have a very bad reputation and I would steer clear of all of them. Instead I would get in touch with people or families who have that breed of dog and wait patiently for a litter while also building a relationship with the mum dog and her family.
Red Liner is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:21   #6315
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been visiting another city for a few weeks and what I saw in one of the upscale neighborhoods there is making me reconsider the whole 'feeding strays' thing.

So, in this neighborhood, there are a few rich folk who make it a point to scatter cat food around at certain points during their morning/evening walks. As a result there are literally dozens of obese cats lounging around all day, waiting to be fed. I've seen rats scurry around in front of these cats and they're least bothered.

I like animals too, but this is not hygienic. What's the point in allowing rats to breed unchecked just because you want to show you are an animal lover?! Especially if it affects someone else's surroundings. At least if these animal-lovers took the trouble to get the cats sterilized, that would be something, but just scattering food all over doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do.

Same thing with pigeon feeding, considering the way the numbers are growing in our cities and how diseased a lot of those birds are, seems like a health emergency waiting to happen.

Last edited by am1m : 25th October 2023 at 12:23.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks