Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2009, 15:35   #631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Attachment 147062

A few days back, a rat got into the house(back home in Ldh).
Repeated attempts failed to dislodge it from the room.
what to do?
Well we got out the secret weapon snoopy.
Put her in the bedroom, and closed the door, which is glass.
As usual first she chased the rat, the rat ran under furniture.
Snoopy sat there waiting.
Seconds passed. Seconds became minutes, and then 30 minutes.
The rat lost patience, and ran out, and with one swipe of the paw it was down.
Whack whack whack, few strikes and the rat is dead.
Snoopy sat there watching the dead rat, and looked towards the door as if saying "take it now".
So we went in, got the rat, and threw it out.
This is not the first time. Every time there have been these pesky rodents, snoopy has killed them. She is an expert, and hates rates right from her days as a pup.

Needless to say that, rat chewing car wires etc., like problems do not exist there
Dogs catching rats?? Thats a new one on me... cus mine couldn't be bothered with such things. Initially, when both he and I were small, I tried to get him to catch them, but the only response I could ever get was dirty looks which told me to get lost and find a cat to do such menial jobs and that self respecting dogs like his highness don't run after mice.

Later when I was older I thought he was right - I would not have liked him to do that. Rats are yucky and v unclean... I would not have him risk some kinda infection from vermin.

And yes, all the cats I'v had, whenever I'v had them, were more than happy to do their jobs exceptionally well.
Old 13th June 2009, 17:23   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Dogs catching rats?? Thats a new one on me... cus mine couldn't be bothered with such things.
oh they are good at killing rats - our dog is very possessive about the house and does not let anything in - roaches, lizards, rats, outsider humans

So if he sees anything remotely like a rat or lizard or roach in his reach, he goes after it all out and mauls it down with its paws. Being a yucky job, he rarely bites em, just punches them with the paws till they die
Old 13th June 2009, 17:33   #633
Senior - BHPian

^^^Ah well, different dogs, different personalities, I guess. Mine was goddamn posessive too... and would want to maul anything bigger than himself. Anything smaller than himself was considered infra dig, I guess. Its a different matter that he was about a foot tall (pure pom).
Old 13th June 2009, 20:44   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
If I was in the neighborhood, I would have a problem with that. I don't care much about pets, I mind my own business. But I think it's the dog owner's responsibility to keep him away from other unwilling humans.

Letting the leash off on strangers is a serious offense, isn't it

I have family members who are phobic of canines, and their reaction sometimes encourages the dogs to get aggressive. I don't care how cute the dog is or how harmless it is. It's a matter of my (or my family members') personal freedom to stay away from him. I know probably you made that statement in jest. But you would be surprised to know how many dog owners use them as animal power in public and give the same excuse as 'harmless', 'cute' etc.
well im actually in control most of the time. Its the surprise's that get me off guard. Yes i agree other people's safety is upto me when im handling the dog.But there are a special bunch of people who will just not move from the road when im bringing him in. They just stare at him like they have never seen a dog in their life before and its a totally new species on planet earth.I know its partly my fault that i dint give him enough exposure as a pup also. But majority is due to people staring and lil kids irritating the dog.
there is a church on my road. Sunday's is hell for me ,most people walking past my house think there is a circus going on inside and stand outside my gate and stare!!.(hes not on a leash,we made a special cage for him which is pretty huge.Since we live on the 2nd floor and he is too big to keep inside).I have abused countless people as they come inside the gate and throw pieces of bun inside the cage!!. Now the attraction has reduced a lot (Dont we all get bored if a circus plays the same old acts again and again ? ).

Here are a few pics of my parrot Mitu and of my dog bruno.
The parrot is out of the cage almost 10-12 hours a day and goes inside at his will!! only during nights when he begs us to put him inside so he can sleep.
and also some of bruno.
pics taken on n82 so average pic quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-12062009017-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-12062009016-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-12062009018-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-12062009019-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-12062009020-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-07052009154-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-07052009155-small.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-07052009156-small.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by vinaydas : 13th June 2009 at 20:45.
Old 13th June 2009, 22:13   #635
BHPian

Angel of our NEST

She was just 25 Days old when she was welcomed home, We named her as Angel. She was very cute & naughty. We loved her a looooooot
One fine Sunday afternnon she was found dead rearside of our home, guess she was hit by a two Wheeler, her left side head was severly hurted.
She spent happy eight years with us, She use to give birth to 5-6 kittens thrice a year. We loved them all. Its almost 3 Years now she is no more. We miss her a looooooot for ever and ever.

Here are some pics -
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-image037.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image036.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image039.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image044.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image053.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image054.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image061.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image129.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image131.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image132.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image055.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image130.jpg  

Old 13th June 2009, 22:36   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post

Here are a few pics of my parrot Mitu and of my dog bruno.
The parrot is out of the cage almost 10-12 hours a day and goes inside at his will!! only during nights when he begs us to put him inside so he can sleep.
and also some of bruno.
pics taken on n82 so average pic quality.
nice pics of mittu - i think we need to some more pics of bruno out in the open

@bhargava - angel looks really cute glad you had 8 great years with her!!

Last edited by jassi : 13th June 2009 at 22:38.
Old 18th June 2009, 23:32   #637
OEM
BHPian

My 1yr and 3 months daughter...Puff

Yes...that's her official place. The daughter of the family. Completely home trained. And a beauty to behold
Attached Images

Old 19th June 2009, 19:49   #638
BHPian

Gifted my bhabhi 2 pure white rabbits, Tutky and Toshi, on her birthday.

Tutky loves to run around while toshy is kust plain lazy who just sits and eats pretty much anything that is served.

(will post pics as soon as I can)
Old 6th July 2009, 16:06   #639
BHPian

here a picture of our dog
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img00022200902092016.jpg  

Old 13th July 2009, 18:19   #640
BHPian

Meet Duke!

Duke is our 2.5 month old black lab. He lives with me and wifey. We also have a pet cat called Ginger, who lives with my parents. Ginger is an orange tabby I found in the streets of Bandra in July 2008. She was barely ten days old and separated from her mother and litter. She was wet, unwell and needed a home and that's how she became our pet. Ginger is now a year old and has recently delivered four beautiful kittens. They are now three weeks old.

I'm seeking TBHPians who would like to adopt one or more of Ginger's kittens. The genders are not known yet as the kittens are too young. If you have a cat or had one in the past and would like to adopt one of Ginger's kittens, please PM me.

Colors: 3 orange-n-white, 1 full orange (like Ginger)
Desired Adopter Profile: Owned cats in the past and/or animal lover and lives in lower floors (to avoid kittens jumping out!)

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-04072009141.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-05072009142.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-08072009150.jpg  

Last edited by DueLLeR : 13th July 2009 at 18:20.
Old 13th July 2009, 20:29   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Even my cockateils do the same thing. A couple of pics of my adorable cockateils Lulu and Tilly.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-cockateil1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cockateil.jpg  

Old 14th July 2009, 19:47   #642
Senior - BHPian

This is a new Lab which we brought as my bro was bugging us for 2.5 yrs for the same. Cute fellow who is really friendly with anyone and everyone. My other pup simba a GS was pretty Jealous of this guy in the beggining but now after sharing kennels both are busy plotting together.
I got a mini world war going on in my place though with 4 doggies
Team-BHPians and their Pets-10072009.jpg
Old 14th July 2009, 22:00   #643
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful pics of birds, cats and dogs from all you guys!
Old 15th July 2009, 00:12   #644
Senior - BHPian

Cute lil fella you got there, maddy. Must be quite a household, with the 4 canine units! Tonnes of fun,I'm sure.
Old 2nd August 2009, 18:51   #645

The Pashmi Hound

Wow, wonder how I missed this thread! I've probably got the rarest breed on this thread - A Pashmi Hound. It's part of the Mudhol/ Caravan hound family. Quite rare but one of the finest examples of native Indian dogs.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_9239.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_9235.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_9226-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks