Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 10:25   #751
BHPian

[quote=Jayabusa;1587330]Milo's cool. But why is he looking at your ride like that? ready to scratch Milo? lol

HI Jayabusa,

Thank you . He is very anxious to get inside the car always . So the moment i press the remote lock he goes near the door and keeps watching for it to open or he starts to keep his legs on the doors and windows - Results all nail marks .

Propeller
Old 18th November 2009, 20:14   #752
Senior - BHPian

[quote=propeller;1588525]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Milo's cool. But why is he looking at your ride like that? ready to scratch Milo? lol

HI Jayabusa,

Thank you . He is very anxious to get inside the car always . So the moment i press the remote lock he goes near the door and keeps watching for it to open or he starts to keep his legs on the doors and windows - Results all nail marks .

Propeller
Dogs can be poles apart! till now I have only come across dogs who can't wait to get inside the car & once in, don't like to come out, & enjoy rides in cars & autorickshaws.
Old 18th November 2009, 21:10   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoy Nair View Post
Wow, wonder how I missed this thread! I've probably got the rarest breed on this thread - A Pashmi Hound. It's part of the Mudhol/ Caravan hound family. Quite rare but one of the finest examples of native Indian dogs.
Bijoy,

that's a wonderful doggy you have. Is it ferocious like hounds. Look doesn't suggest fearsome.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:12   #754
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by propeller View Post
Here goes my pet . Milo is his name . All he loves is biting my shoes and tearing my books and newspaper . Its tough to bring up a doberman who is very playful .
I hear you. Our Lab was like that even after his obedience training. We started taking him to a dog park. He runs around so much playing with other dogs that he does not bother touching things other than his toys. Also good to give Milo something that is hard to chew on. Try something like Nylabone, it cleans the teeth, and keeps them occupied for ever.

Pardon me if you are already doing this. Perhaps you can get together with other dog owners and have doggie play dates at your house a few times in a week. If you are a regular on Animal planet, you'll know what I am talking about :-)
Old 18th November 2009, 22:14   #755
BANNED

Quote:
Handsome lab there & awesome name!
Thanks mate, he is a english lab. Short stocky with a block head that we absolutely love.
Old 21st November 2009, 19:53   #756
BHPian

Ozzy here

Hey guys meet ozzy. he is a male GSD puppy 2 and half months old now. the pics were taken when he was 2 months old. he is highly energetic guy and very intelligent. got him potty trained within 48 hours. :-) . BTW any idea which medical shop in Chennai preferably in velacheri/mambalam where you can get veterinary medicines? i was looking for "sharkol" and "ostocalcium vet" specifically.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-26102009379.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-26102009378.jpg  

Old 21st November 2009, 22:31   #757
BHPian

that is a very sweet looking puppy!!
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:22   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Hey guys meet ozzy. he is a male GSD puppy 2 and half months old now. the pics were taken when he was 2 months old. he is highly energetic guy and very intelligent. got him potty trained within 48 hours. :-) . BTW any idea which medical shop in Chennai preferably in velacheri/mambalam where you can get veterinary medicines? i was looking for "sharkol" and "ostocalcium vet" specifically.
Man, he is so cute! Awesome pics bro. And just 48 hrs!!
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:38   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friend - There are better medicines than Sharkol available now. Better not go for ostocalcium vet since you can get specific medicines meant for canines. Try to contact a vet well versed in canine medicine before attempting to drug your pup.
Old 22nd November 2009, 11:48   #760
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
I hear you. Our Lab was like that even after his obedience training. We started taking him to a dog park. He runs around so much playing with other dogs that he does not bother touching things other than his toys. Also good to give Milo something that is hard to chew on. Try something like Nylabone, it cleans the teeth, and keeps them occupied for ever.

Pardon me if you are already doing this. Perhaps you can get together with other dog owners and have doggie play dates at your house a few times in a week. If you are a regular on Animal planet, you'll know what I am talking about :-)
That is a brilliant idea! I'm up to it and so are my munchkins!
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:37   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Man, he is so cute! Awesome pics bro. And just 48 hrs!!
Yeah!! he pings me early morning at 5:15 am on my bed to open the door and run out to poop. Simple idea is to take the puppy out to the place where you want him to poop after every meal be it small or big and after every time he wakes up from sleep religiously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Hi friend - There are better medicines than Sharkol available now. Better not go for ostocalcium vet since you can get specific medicines meant for canines. Try to contact a vet well versed in canine medicine before attempting to drug your pup.
I had a GSD before with me and these medicines are tried and tested. Sharkol is raw form of cod liver oil (seven seas brand what we eat) and "ostocalcium vet" is meant for canines. Sharkol will make the coat shine like golden color and ostocalcium vet will make sure his ears stand up fast and strong bones. I am giving him a "royal canin german shepherd junior" diet already. He gains 1KG per week now as is growing very fast
Old 24th November 2009, 03:10   #762
BHPian

Did any body from T-Bhp visited Dog Show in Bangalore last weekend (Nov 21st and 22nd). Please post the pics if any.
I was just surfing google and came to know about the event and I am too late.
Old 24th November 2009, 09:37   #763
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

handsome little chap - will grow into a big wolf I am sure. I love Alsatians/GSD's they are the most loyal companions one could ever ask for!
all the best!

Quote:
Old 24th November 2009, 11:23   #764
Senior - BHPian

OK Friends. Here is my Mini, Shetland stands at 31". Thought youll would enjoy seeing her snaps. She is now 6 years old and is under training at Talegaon for my Grandchildren to ride. She is based at my Khandala house. This snap is taken besides a Gypsy Wana to show the size difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-angel.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-angel2.jpg  

Old 24th November 2009, 22:09   #765

HI guys

Have been checking this thread for quite some time. I have got a pair of Boxer in my home. His name is Rhino. the next picture is the litter which we had last time through my male.

The Puppy in the middle is with my friend. I named him Beema. He is such an wonderful guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0030.jpg  

Most Viewed