Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 23:42   #856
Senior - BHPian

Seek - your lab looks very cute

arunh - Good to hear that you are able to manage, In my case I dropped the plan as suggested by people here. My office is around 20KM (elec city) from my home.
Old 20th December 2009, 01:17   #857
BHPian

Well hi everyone, i am sooo delighted to see this thread. i would also like to introduce her to all you guys.
she is Timon . the naughtiest cat i have come across. she is very loving and wants tons and tons of loving. She even wont eat a grain if i am not around. but my god she has given me tough times. she is a paper shredder. all my bill payments are online now

Well she has a story. My girlfriend used to see her in Parel station, Mumbai several times without any companion or a mom too.she was extremely weak and small..i guess she was three weeks old. one day she saw some crows actually trying to attack her and kill her. that was it for her. she got the cat home but she was traumatized for at least three months. she used to just sit at a corner and stare at a wall for hours. BUT NOW she is a total brat. has one of the shiniest coats(vets vote) and the biggest tummy. he he
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-picture-010.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-picture-002.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-11062009004.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-11062009001.jpg  

Old 20th December 2009, 01:44   #858
Senior - BHPian

^^^Chooooooo chweet!! She does have a rather... hmmm... solemn expression which seems to betray her unpleasant past. Really glad she has found a home...
Old 21st December 2009, 13:43   #859
BHPian

Kruger is so damn cute! How old is he?
Old 21st December 2009, 15:24   #860
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi Condor

Also add the superb Kombai (also spelt as Combai) to the list of our Indian Hounds - a breed indigenous to Tamil Nadu - especially the Pollachi, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirunelveli and surrounding areas.

They are truly elegant, fiercely loyal hounds, lovely bone structure and they are capable of running down small bucks, deer and the like.

Indeed it is a pity that not enough care is given to the preservation of our indigenous species/ breeds - all the breeds mentioned in your post are not as common as they should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Latheesh, the Pashmi is not a Mudhol, and a Mudhol is not a Pashmi.

the Mudhol, the Pashmi, the Rampur and the Rajapalayam are four distinct Hounds that you can find in India. Pashmi's are (supposed to be) more similar to the Saluki's.

Compare the two pics here: our Mudhol (1st pic) vs Bijoy' Pashmi (2nd Pic).

Attachment 248022

Attachment 248023

Some more :
Attachment 248028

Attachment 248029

Mudhol's are typically reared/bred in the districts of Bijapur / Bagalkot, and are a very hardy, robust breed.

What is the price you have been quoted, and from where will it be coming ?

Note
the Pashmi pics here are taken from Bijoy's post in this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1412806-post646.html

Last edited by shankar.balan : 21st December 2009 at 15:31.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:50   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullRock View Post
are you going to crop the Zweiss ears ? I guess they loook more nice with cropped ears.
Bloody idiots who does such things to a animal ? , my blood boils even hearing that . Go take offense .

@konjaril , thats lovely,cute cat. Do get vaccinated one every year for rabbies.

Last edited by black12rr : 21st December 2009 at 15:53.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:05   #862
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

seek - what a sweet little chap Kruger is!
puppies are truly gods nicest creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
First of all, Condor, sincere condolences. I can understand the pain and void this leaves behind.

I just added a lab pup 'Kruger' to our family last week! Some pics below.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:12   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello to Timon!

konjaril, you must have had a lot of patience to bring the poor wee thing out of her trauma.

I didn't know my cat was shut in when I went to bed last night. My wife was doing a Sunday family visit, and when she got back this morning, she opened the door to a very cross cat with a very full bladder!
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:15   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Chooooooo chweet!! She does have a rather... hmmm... solemn expression which seems to betray her unpleasant past. Really glad she has found a home...
Ya me too. Well the only wee bit is now i am afraid the brat will throw me out of my house .

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Bloody idiots who does such things to a animal ? , my blood boils even hearing that . Go take offense .

i 100 % back you on that. never do it to an animal. people who do such things should try it on themselves and see how it feels.

@konjaril , thats lovely,cute cat. Do get vaccinated one every year for rabbies.
Thank you soo much. i not only get her vaccinated, but get her quaterly boosters and vitamin shots too. i might eat junk food but i make sure she gets fresh chicken or fish cut by me to the right sizes ,the way she likes them. phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Hello to Timon!

konjaril, you must have had a lot of patience to bring the poor wee thing out of her trauma.

I didn't know my cat was shut in when I went to bed last night. My wife was doing a Sunday family visit, and when she got back this morning, she opened the door to a very cross cat with a very full bladder!
Hmmm i can not even imagine how cross she might be. they are so adorable. timon has come out of trauma but she likes to stay indoors. she doesnt like going out.infact she has never come across with a stray cat since she has been staying with me. she has a boyfriend ,a domestic well brought up cat to whom i take her to play with. the guy is 2 times bigger than her but she just breaks hell onto him..he he. poor chap. Man! i love her.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:37   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
shankar.balan : Indeed it is a pity that not enough care is given to the preservation of our indigenous species/ breeds - all the breeds mentioned in your post are not as common as they should be!
@Shankar, very true. Do you have any pictures of the Combai ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:37   #866
BHPian

Rooney the Lab.

Hello all, I have a Labrador retriever named Rooney. He is 8 months old. Cute, lovable, lazy and the kid in our home.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-11102009448.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-18082009189.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-11102009452.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 12:32   #867
Senior - BHPian

My friends Dog from slovenia
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-slovenia2-020.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 16:25   #868

Pet friendly resorts?

Hi everyone, I was looking around for a resort within 3-4 hours drive from Bangalore to take our 3 month old boxer girl "Zoya" to. I could find only one place in Yercaud that takes in pets. Do any fellow bhp-ians know of other places? Thanks in advance!

Here is Zoya:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/...b64d6b51ab.jpg
Old 6th January 2010, 22:24   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
Hi everyone, I was looking around for a resort within 3-4 hours drive from Bangalore to take our 3 month old boxer girl "Zoya" to. I could find only one place in Yercaud that takes in pets. Do any fellow bhp-ians know of other places? Thanks in advance!

Here is Zoya:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2591/...b64d6b51ab.jpg

Hi Arun,

This site will help you for sure : Pet Vacations

You can search for pet friendly hotels on the homepage
Old 7th January 2010, 03:37   #870
Team-BHP Support

Lincoln

Lincoln, my boss's 5 month old Black Lab.

Lazy afternoon:
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00905.jpg

Colleague's daughter petting him:
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00907.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th January 2010 at 03:40.

Most Viewed