Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 11:12   #901

jassi,
Thanks a lot
May be someday my Chuchu and your Chuchu could play together

sathyaprakash, I guess I will take my chances.

bivin,
Thanks Yeah, will upload some pics of her in her home soon.

Mansha.
Old 31st January 2010, 14:17   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Just got a PUG !! The naughty lil thing hasn't been named yet ... here are a few pics. The PUG was imported by the dealer, along with a french bulldog from russia.

When introduced to my French bulldog
one of my favorites, i love pugs. what have you decided to call him/her?

the last picture is awesome, love seeing two dogs meet for the first time, confusion et all.
Old 6th February 2010, 20:32   #903
BHPian

The best thread on T-BHP

Well I have been a member for long time in this forum but didn't post much as I don't know much about the technicalities of cars. But I should say this topic is the closest to my heart in this entire forum. So I will post a rather lengthy post here as I don't get many chances to do that.

I have always been close to animals since my childhood. Don't know what but something inexplicable draws me to them. Whether its their joy at simple and small things, their gay abandon, their unselfishness (except if it is imp to their survival), and what not. I believe its the same for all animal lovers.

Of course my love for dogs was something special. I had one when I was around 11 yrs old. He was an Indian Hound (That's what I call Indian breeds. Strays are those that are left for streets. He wasn't. He had a home, our home). I called him Johnny. He was one of the lazy guys I have ever come across. He had a separate cot for himself, which was his priced possession. He was so lazy that he thought eating was a futile exercise. I had to feed him with hand sometimes.

He hated any outsiders coming to our home who were afraid of him, as that would mean we had to tie him. And he didn't like being away from us and he felt the relatives, friends etc were making us apart and used to refuse food sometimes. He hated rains so much that he used to hold his forcefully hold his nature calls waiting for rain to subside. If it didn't having no other alternative, he used to walk till the main door, lift his leg just so that his waste was projected outside

My father is a Judge and as such police personnel used to frequent our house. I don't know why but of all the things, he hated them the most. My father had to bring him something to eat while coming from office. There was no other way. He was pampered a lot. And I was the first culprit.

As with many good things this joy came to an end. He was infected by some dog bite. This was on March 3rd' 95. That was the first time I couldn't seem to control my emotions, as usually I am pretty good at keeping them in check. I never cried when my maternal grandfather died, so was the case with my grand mother and aunt. But this was something beyond anything I felt till then. Words failed me then and they still do even now after nearly 15 years.

I never felt so attached and close to anyone. And till date I cannot get over that. Though I don't sulk over that, I couldn't see another dog in its place. My family also felt the same. So I found another way to satisfy my love for animals, especially dogs. I started to feed and take care of dogs near my house. I let them sleep in my house, gave them food, but never tried to control them completely, though they understood what I said and mostly obeyed that. I personally feel that these dogs may differ in appearance from foreign breeds, but love and affection they show is the same. Yes, some breeds are easy to train and some are dumb, but isn't it the same way with humans. I felt satisfaction in doing this.

Here's a video of one such cute pup who was playing with me.

And all you people who are in love with dogs, should and must watch the movie "MARLEY & ME". Lab lovers would love this. If you have patience you may consider reading the novel of the same name. This was a real story. And you wouldn't be able to stop laughing, I guarantee that.

Lastly a humble request. Though I am sure everyone here really loves animals, for those who are thinking of making a pet part of their family, don't even consider that just to show off or out of whim or fancy, only to leave them once the initial fun is over. We don't leave our family no matter what. So it should be with them, they should be your family. We humans may survive after leaving them, but these selfless creatures find it hard, for its not your money or wealth that they seek. Its your love and companionship. And that's what they give you, without limits. So if you feel you cannot give those two things just put off the idea. And only gift them to those who really believe in this.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:23   #904
BHPian

now here is a real hot dog

and nope its not mine - some friend in UK posted on fb

Team-BHPians and their Pets-hot-dog.jpg
Old 10th February 2010, 18:09   #905
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, but this hot dog looks very cute! look at the expression on his face.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:27   #906
BHPian

^^ yeah really cute :-) looks like a pup, but could be one of those miniature breeds
Old 11th February 2010, 11:50   #907
BHPian

@vamsi.kona , I have seen that movie (marley & me) and it reminds me a lot of my lab.
I probably did not post a pic of his over here so here it is looking very innocent in one (which he is not!) and fascinated by torch light (nice way to harass him hehe)
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_1627.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-leo_light.jpg  

Old 11th February 2010, 12:12   #908
Senior - BHPian

My neighbour's pup and he likes camera
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-lab.jpg  

Old 11th February 2010, 14:43   #909
BHPian

anyone in Chennai aware of any available Dachshund pups for sale?
Old 11th February 2010, 17:03   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ yeah really cute :-) looks like a pup, but could be one of those miniature breeds
I guess its a Dachshund pup.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:19   #911
BHPian

Hi Abhay, your dog certainly seems very innocent at least by the looks in the picture above. If Marley and Me reminded you of your lab then your's must have been too playful
Old 17th February 2010, 12:39   #912
BHPian

Word of caution for chennaites

Hi Guys,
There is a "Pets n Vets" veterinary clinic at guindy chakrapani road in chennai. Please be careful not to take your pup/dog there. He almost killed my dog by giving wrong vaccination schedule. He could not identify roundworm issue in my pup and the pup did not eat and drink even water for 3 days consecutively.All he did was giving drips and medicines for diarrhea only. We after looking a lot of info on the net identified that the problem was with worms and gave him the right medication. I dont even find the doctors name in chennai vet doctors list. I doubt whether this guy is really a vet itself. His helpers are +2 failed candidates. I found out this by probing a notice issued by him to woo +2 failed graduates as helpers there. These "helpers" dress as "inpatient doctors". you can guess what will happen next.

Another dog near my house was treated by him and it died after 4 days of treatment. Reason: UNKNOWN. He picks and drops animals etc. He is very very showy and has very good customer skills. The clinic is not hygenic. Be informed about this person and NEVER EVER take your dog there.
The best VET in chennai is Dr. Jayaprakash at adyar.
regards
Moose

Mods note: Post edited. Name of the clinic is enough and not the doctor's name.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th February 2010 at 15:33.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:52   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Hi Guys,
There is a "Pets n Vets" veterinary clinic at guindy chakrapani road in chennai. Please be careful not to take your pup/dog there. He almost killed my dog by giving wrong vaccination schedule. He could not identify roundworm issue in my pup and the pup did not eat and drink even water for 3 days consecutively.All he did was giving drips and medicines for diarrhea only. We after looking a lot of info on the net identified that the problem was with worms and gave him the right medication. I dont even find the doctors name in chennai vet doctors list. I doubt whether this guy is really a vet itself. His helpers are +2 failed candidates. I found out this by probing a notice issued by him to woo +2 failed graduates as helpers there. These "helpers" dress as "inpatient doctors". you can guess what will happen next.

Another dog near my house was treated by him and it died after 4 days of treatment. Reason: UNKNOWN. He picks and drops animals etc. He is very very showy and has very good customer skills. The clinic is not hygenic. Be informed about this person and NEVER EVER take your dog there.
The best VET in chennai is Dr. Jayaprakash at adyar.
regards
Moose

Can you please mention the medicine name here? and the link where you found this on net? One of my Dog's diet is going low day by day, doctor says there is no issue with him.... I feel there is.

The VET I visit is "Cessna" in Indira Nagar. Owner is Dr. Pawan (I guess many in Bangalore would know him)

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th February 2010 at 15:33. Reason: cleaned up.
Old 17th February 2010, 15:21   #914
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I heard lots of +ve feedback about Dr.Pawan.
Old 17th February 2010, 15:36   #915
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Vamsi!
You're absolutely my man! Lovely post! Thanks so much!

A really heartfelt and simple reminder to all of us who live in this world - especially those of us who love dogs and other animals. Your post has literally brought a tear to my eyes!

I particularly appreciate the last few sentences in your post - your humble request to people and the fact that dogs dont ask for much - only love, affection, companionship and care, yet they give so much back to us in return!

You've recommended Marley & Me - Its a nice movie and the book (which I had read a couple of years back) is also very good.

Let me also recommend something that you will surely enjoy - try and get hold of the James Herriot - All Creatures Great & Small - BBC TV Series.

Any animal lover will want to own the entire collection, they are so beautifully made.

Am glad there are chaps like you on the Forum!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Well I have been a member for long time in this forum but didn't post much as I don't know much about the technicalities of cars. But I should say this topic is the closest to my heart in this entire forum. So I will post a rather lengthy post here as I don't get many chances to do that.

I have always been close to animals since my childhood. Don't know what but something inexplicable draws me to them. Whether its their joy at simple and small things, their gay abandon, their unselfishness (except if it is imp to their survival), and what not. I believe its the same for all animal lovers.

Of course my love for dogs was something special. I had one when I was around 11 yrs old. He was an Indian Hound (That's what I call Indian breeds. Strays are those that are left for streets. He wasn't. He had a home, our home). I called him Johnny. He was one of the lazy guys I have ever come across. He had a separate cot for himself, which was his priced possession. He was so lazy that he thought eating was a futile exercise. I had to feed him with hand sometimes.

He hated any outsiders coming to our home who were afraid of him, as that would mean we had to tie him. And he didn't like being away from us and he felt the relatives, friends etc were making us apart and used to refuse food sometimes. He hated rains so much that he used to hold his forcefully hold his nature calls waiting for rain to subside. If it didn't having no other alternative, he used to walk till the main door, lift his leg just so that his waste was projected outside

My father is a Judge and as such police personnel used to frequent our house. I don't know why but of all the things, he hated them the most. My father had to bring him something to eat while coming from office. There was no other way. He was pampered a lot. And I was the first culprit.

As with many good things this joy came to an end. He was infected by some dog bite. This was on March 3rd' 95. That was the first time I couldn't seem to control my emotions, as usually I am pretty good at keeping them in check. I never cried when my maternal grandfather died, so was the case with my grand mother and aunt. But this was something beyond anything I felt till then. Words failed me then and they still do even now after nearly 15 years.

I never felt so attached and close to anyone. And till date I cannot get over that. Though I don't sulk over that, I couldn't see another dog in its place. My family also felt the same. So I found another way to satisfy my love for animals, especially dogs. I started to feed and take care of dogs near my house. I let them sleep in my house, gave them food, but never tried to control them completely, though they understood what I said and mostly obeyed that. I personally feel that these dogs may differ in appearance from foreign breeds, but love and affection they show is the same. Yes, some breeds are easy to train and some are dumb, but isn't it the same way with humans. I felt satisfaction in doing this.

Here's a video of one such cute pup who was playing with me.

YouTube - Playful pup.3gp

And all you people who are in love with dogs, should and must watch the movie "MARLEY & ME". Lab lovers would love this. If you have patience you may consider reading the novel of the same name. This was a real story. And you wouldn't be able to stop laughing, I guarantee that.

Lastly a humble request. Though I am sure everyone here really loves animals, for those who are thinking of making a pet part of their family, don't even consider that just to show off or out of whim or fancy, only to leave them once the initial fun is over. We don't leave our family no matter what. So it should be with them, they should be your family. We humans may survive after leaving them, but these selfless creatures find it hard, for its not your money or wealth that they seek. Its your love and companionship. And that's what they give you, without limits. So if you feel you cannot give those two things just put off the idea. And only gift them to those who really believe in this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks