Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 20:28   #1246
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have always been a dog lover & a puppy has always fascinated me... to the point that i spend hours talking to it!

We bought a new German Shepperd 1 week ago. He is 35 days old & is a sweetheart. He has been named Bruno.

Good thing is he is damn cute & healthy. Bad thing is he is in my kerela residence & i am here in mumbai... i miss him.
Looks too notorious yet cute
Old 12th May 2010, 21:56   #1247
Senior - BHPian

thanks ranjan. on the contrary, he is not as notorious as a pup should be. he does run around & play but still he is a shy dog.
Old 12th May 2010, 22:28   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Raj, he looks like one angry kid to me. I like it.
Old 13th May 2010, 01:57   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks ranjan. on the contrary, he is not as notorious as a pup should be. he does run around & play but still he is a shy dog.
Fantastic pup. Loved the pictures, and thanks for sharing them with us. When do you think is it a good time to start training a pup? (2.5 months - 3.5 months?)
Old 13th May 2010, 02:29   #1250
BANNED

Quote:
He he.. but her looks really naughty. I love this look in puppies.

I will post some more pictures of my Dogs from the time I brought them to my house (1 year back). The latest picture I have posted here is about 3 months back.

I haven't transferred the latest pics from the camera to the computer hence can't post/
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota5.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-chota6.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 13th May 2010, 04:23   #1251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Fantastic pup. Loved the pictures, and thanks for sharing them with us. When do you think is it a good time to start training a pup? (2.5 months - 3.5 months?)
House training a puppy can certainly start after 8 weeks. For puppies with lots of food motivation it should be very easy to start at this age. Feed them half the usual quantity, and the other half as rewards during training. We started at 10 weeks.
Old 13th May 2010, 07:45   #1252
BHPian

Great pictures Ranjan, the dogs are really handsome. How about their exercise, do you take them for a walk daily or make them play in your yard or something??
Old 13th May 2010, 09:07   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
I have always been a dog lover & a puppy has always fascinated me... to the point that i spend hours talking to it!

We bought a new German Shepperd 1 week ago. He is 35 days old & is a sweetheart. He has been named Bruno.

Good thing is he is damn cute & healthy. Bad thing is he is in my kerela residence & i am here in mumbai... i miss him.
Hey Raj, that is one cute GSD puppy I have seen of late. Just one girly word for him "Chooo Chweeet"
Found lot of similarities in your post. My GSD's name is also Bruno(3 years Old now) and he like your bruno is also in Kerala and I am day & night dreaming about him here in Bangalore

Last edited by REMU : 13th May 2010 at 09:08. Reason: Just remembered basic english Grammer :)
Old 13th May 2010, 09:19   #1254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

lovely pictures
Alsatians are really such darlings I cant even begin to state how much I love and appreciate that breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
He he.. but her looks really naughty. I love this look in puppies.

I will post some more pictures of my Dogs from the time I brought them to my house (1 year back). The latest picture I have posted here is about 3 months back.

I haven't transferred the latest pics from the camera to the computer hence can't post/
Old 13th May 2010, 09:26   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Raj, he looks like one angry kid to me. I like it.
thanka latheesh, i hope he grows up to be a healthy and angry dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
somehow i am against dog training. we have had several dogs in the past of various breeds, we have never trained any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMU View Post
Hey Raj, that is one cute GSD puppy I have seen of late. Just one girly word for him "Chooo Chweeet"
Found lot of similarities in your post. My GSD's name is also Bruno(3 years Old now) and he like your bruno is also in Kerala and I am day & night dreaming about him here in Bangalore
now thats quite a coincidence! so you can understand how i am feeling now!
Old 13th May 2010, 10:10   #1256
BHPian

Here is the pic of my buddy, Caesar! (i hope i have attached the pic properly)
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img00033201005041024.jpg  

Old 13th May 2010, 12:04   #1257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Great pictures Ranjan, the dogs are really handsome. How about their exercise, do you take them for a walk daily or make them play in your yard or something??
We don't have a yard as such, but the house is pretty big. It's only me and my Fiance staying here, so they are a part of our family and we treat them like our kids . Most of the time both of them like to stay inside the house, rest of the time they are out playing in the parking area (ample space)+ the whole Terrace. Mine is an independant house, so they are free to go anywhere they want to. Whenever I am at home, both sit beside me and fight for the closest space available with me.

I have never chained them up from the time I have adopted them. Taking them out for a walk is out of question, they are too strong to be handled Moment they see street dogs or any other animal, they go crazy.

No exercise as such, they play they fight and that's how they take out their excessive energy. I know they need more exercise, but it is hardly possible in a place like bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somubj
Here is the pic of my buddy, Caesar! (i hope i have attached the pic properly)
Cute Dog.
Looks like an apartment you are staying in. Any challenges you are facing keeping the dog in an apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
lovely pictures
Alsatians are really such darlings I cant even begin to state how much I love and appreciate that breed.
Exactly. I always feel GSDs have something special in them than all other dogs. I have had labs too as pets but never felt so attached with the lab.
My GSD even tries to talk to me by howling and barking. They are really amazing dogs. Scary yet so cute, dangerous yet so faithful.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 13th May 2010 at 12:17.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:54   #1258
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

yes all GSDs love to communicate
and if you keep talking to them from the time they are puppies they understand everything you say even though they cannot speak.
last 30 odd years thats been my experience. my favourite breed without doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post

My GSD even tries to talk to me by howling and barking. They are really amazing dogs. Scary yet so cute, dangerous yet so faithful.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:28   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ranjan, where are you put up ? I know of a person in our area who got a pair of GSD's - called Uno & Uniq. Wondering if you're the same person.
Old 13th May 2010, 13:34   #1260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ranjan, where are you put up ? I know of a person in our area who got a pair of GSD's - called Uno & Uniq. Wondering if you're the same person.
He he.. it's not me

I Stay in CV Raman Nagar. My dogs are "Zozo" & "Zodi".

Most Viewed