Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 22:24   #1351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Do you think this will be a good Idea? My Dogs are not very friendly with other animals, so don't blame me later if our 'friendly' meet turns out to be something else

if the dogs are ferriocious then its a bad idea..

but i will be able to control the dogs. apart from one dog in my home town which is called as Rambo..
Old 9th July 2010, 10:59   #1352
BHPian

Hello folks,
Since my family is set to move out of India for a few years we are looking for home for two of my labs. One is pretty old (>13 years)and I am doubtful of finding a home but the other is a beautiful 3 year old black pure labrador well trained and extremely intelligent.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:25   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopoe View Post
Hello folks,
Since my family is set to move out of India for a few years we are looking for home for two of my labs. One is pretty old (>13 years)and I am doubtful of finding a home but the other is a beautiful 3 year old black pure labrador well trained and extremely intelligent.
is the other one Male or Female.

if its female i know some one in delhi who can extremely take care of the fellow very well.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:54   #1354
BHPian

[quote=SPEEDY_RACER;1972810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Done.I am all game for it.

quote]

So decide the place. i am done for the game.
So .. Is the meet happening ? I would like to join along with my TIGER !! pics posted earlier in this thread.

Well, Our tiger has improved with his eating habits & is growing good now. We have switched from dry foods to cooked food. We are ordering daily supplied food from petsdhaba.com, run by Shubha, who owns a Golden Retriever herself. We are pretty happy with the food and our tiger is very very happy with it .. finally something good to feast on, for tht guy !

I will post a few pics of grown up tiger once i reach home guys
Old 9th July 2010, 19:11   #1355
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
We are ordering daily supplied food from petsdhaba.com, run by Shubha, who owns a Golden Retriever herself.
Can you give more details please?

What food, cost and timings? and also places this person delivers?
Old 9th July 2010, 20:10   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Can you give more details please?

What food, cost and timings? and also places this person delivers?
well, She stays in ISRO Layout and operates from KumarSwamy Layout (kitchen is setup there). She has menu separated as Veg & Non- Veg, Regular/Premium. We stay in banashankari (near DG Petrol bunk) and i guess she operates in a radius of 5-7kms around this place

Whats extra in Premium ? well, they provide evening snacks extra in a premium meal plan, that is like salads/fruits/cashew etc, cooked/added with chicken broth etc i guess.

They also customize a meal plan according to our needs, for Tiger, we have chosen an assorted meal plan with Non-Veg in the morning, snacks in evening & Veg with Chicken Broth in the night. Believe me it has worked out excellent for our guy. His apetite has increased, and now he looks forward to food unlike earlier. Mrs Shubha has actually come down to our place to have a look at tiger & see what he likes and how he eats, since i mentioned he is finicky in eating.

They also provide you a registration form, which enables you to fill in details of your pets as of their likes/dislikes/allergies etc, so that can be taken care of while supplying food!! (this is that attention to detail they have towards our pets)

a 1-1.2KG meal every day (packed in 3 separate silver foils) costs me 2250/- per month, which is think is pretty reasonable for the quality of food and service (food is delivered in the morning itself by 7am) as compared to royal canin/eukanuba which are relatively still expensive in my opinion & no variety !!

I can PM you her mobile number in case you want to talk to her & try it out.. She knows us and tiger pretty well, so you can take our reference while you contact. try out Pets Dhaba for few more details

Tiger (7 months old) & me on our new recliner.. This guy has nationalised my earlier relaxing bean bag !!

Last edited by kri$hna : 9th July 2010 at 20:28.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:49   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunh View Post
I have a 9 month old boxer girl. This is my first pet, and I didnt know how great this breed is till I got one.

Highly energetic, loves being with people (even total strangers!), adores kids, very friendly with other dogs, and really clownish attitude that will make you smile everyday.

The only negative is their tendency to jump, especially onto unsuspecting guests! I am finding it very hard to train against the habit, but apparently its a very strong breed instinct. A really adorable breed.

Clownish? the one i have is evil.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01717.jpg

Well, who am i kidding? she is adorable.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn1372.jpg

She is treating her little sister well

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01699.jpg

The little one

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01711.jpg

Pramod
Old 9th July 2010, 21:57   #1358
BHPian

^^ what breed is 'the little one' :-)
Old 9th July 2010, 22:49   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ what breed is 'the little one' :-)
The little one is a LAB.

Pramod
Old 9th July 2010, 23:40   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The little one is a LAB.

Pramod
reminded of my little one at home in Pune

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img00055200907121507.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-micky.jpg
Old 10th July 2010, 02:58   #1361
Senior - BHPian

@pramodkumar: Nice pets. BTW you must have noticed the hair-loss around your lab's eyes, check with the Vet if it's Mange. My lab had contracted it few weeks after we got him home & we had no clue about the disease. Treatment got delayed and the problem aggravated.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 10th July 2010 at 03:03.
Old 10th July 2010, 08:05   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
@pramodkumar: Nice pets. BTW you must have noticed the hair-loss around your lab's eyes, check with the Vet if it's Mange. My lab had contracted it few weeks after we got him home & we had no clue about the disease. Treatment got delayed and the problem aggravated.

Thanks for pointing it out i will have it checked.

Pramod
Old 12th July 2010, 09:11   #1363
BHPian

buying a pug puppy

Folks,
Decided to buy a pug as i stay in apartment- chennai.
A male puppy with grand parents champion and phililipinian with all KCI rdgn and microchip has come for sale.dewormed,vaccinated.
What price would suggest?
is pug a good selcetion?can it toilet trained/obedience well?
In case of travelling do you have hotels which accomodate dogs? in chennai do you have places to leave him behind?
Kindly advice

tnx
Old 12th July 2010, 12:19   #1364
BHPian

I lady in Bangalore, who also runs a home-stay for dogs, has 3 pug pups up for sale to loving families who will treat their pets as family, and not as status symbols or (as HR would put it) "canine resources". I am not aware of any other details like KCI papers,lineage,price etc. etc. In case you or anyone else is interested, I could ask her and let you know her contact number.
Old 12th July 2010, 12:42   #1365
Senior - BHPian

How did I ever miss this thread.
My wife is allergic to dogs & cats, but I always loved dogs. So I took the middle way & brought home fishes.
**BUT one cannot 'connect' with their fishes. Ahem....
Well I have three Aquarium; Biggest Aquarium (24x20X18") has a pair of red tails, catfish & Orange Koi. Red tails have diff temperament but fortunetly have made friends with Koi. Catfishes are sleepy duds, always at the bottom of Aquarium. The Red ones run around like anything & Koi's mostly glide.
The smaller Aquarium 21x11x16 is placed right above our shore rack. Here its full of Guppies who multiply by dozens every month. Some die but others keep the cycle going. Not very difficult fishes to maintain.
The third aqaurium houses my most expensive fish "Silver Arowana". Water surface fish & needs LOTS of attention.
Not much fan of Gold fishes as they are quite 'dirty'. I mean they "ammoniate" the water very fast.

*Have made all the aqauriums myself & do the recycling too. Its a lovely process & can take better part of your day.

Will post their pics in my next POST.

Have another set of water babies, which were given to me by a family shifting abroad, but understand that they are now banned. ..but but where should I dump them!!, they are so cute.

Planning to make a marine aquarium (Salt water). Anyone with experience is requested to help me with TIPS.

Last edited by ariesonu : 12th July 2010 at 12:51.

Most Viewed