Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 10:21   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
In my dear Kuttu's (that's what I call her) case, my wife feeds her, but its I who spend most time with her, petting, scratching, talking sweet, even sometimes taking a nap with her, etc, etc, to her. So it's not a case of feeding alone.

It's not fear- nobody needs to fear a 3 month pup. It's just how far you are willing to go in being insistent on obeying you.

And after an year with my sweet girl, she has grown on me so much that inadvertently I mention her even in serious business discussions.

She doesn't like me washing my cars- she barks and tries to disrupt me. She thinks the scrubbing and washing is I giving some TLC to the car, a treatment she thinks only she should get from me! She's angry to the cars I've washed in front of her, and scratched one all over and ruined the high- security number plate I installed in another. The third car, which she hasn't seen me washing, she loves it - and she licks it! How's that for a pet?
well i dint mean a 3 month old pup over a year old dog who is almost full grown in size atleast... i remember my friend had a dobe,he used to take care of it n all but when he is out his son feeds the dog.. he admits that he is **** scared of the dog by the looks mainly but the dog dosent mind the guy petting him..but the problem is while feeding it.. after the food is served if the guy is watching the dog gets extremely pissed off!!! starts barking /growling etc
Old 20th January 2009, 03:51   #407
BHPian

This guy is Tigger and he isn't with us anymore, either he left with one of his umpteen girlfriends(he was a playboy) or he is in cat heaven.Either way he is one can't i'll never forget. Was full of his Male chauvinist cat ego till the last time i saw him,He always remainded me of Garfield with his colour and also his attitude.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-tigger.jpg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-tigger1.jpg
Then Came Bunny just the opposite of Tigger and just as lazy as Tigger,but a lot more dumb and a lot more hungry and pure Feline attitude issues and picks a fight with all the cats in the vincity regarding his territory issues.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-bunny.jpg
Team-BHPians and their Pets-bunny1.jpg
muneemmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2009, 09:26   #408
Senior - BHPian

Cute one muneem
Scooby nice pic.
goan: lol, a super goan pic.

Vinay,some comments about Neo will be great
Old 29th January 2009, 14:40   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
After dillydallying for 10 years, we finally got a purebred lab pup. He is awesome..... very active, and a lot of fun.
Prasad - That's one cute lab puppy you got. Even I am in the same boat as you were months back. After lots of wait, I finally decided to get a lab puppy. But I have no clue of the reputed breeders in Bangalore. Could you guide me with that? Where did you get yours from?

Also, others if anyone knows good reputed breeders from Bangalore, could you please guide me. I am not looking for business oriented people. I want dog lovers who are reputed breeders.

Thanks
Old 30th January 2009, 16:09   #410
BHPian

No one wants to reply to this one? :(
Old 30th January 2009, 17:52   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
No one wants to reply to this one? :(
I would rather recommend you adopt one from CUPA. So many beautiful pups and dogs just abandoned there - they could use a wonderful and warm home.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:10   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Introducing PIGGY!

Piggy:

Why Piggy? She only eats, sleeps, and poops. Reminds you of another animal doesnt it?

And that snout of her's reminds me of...a pig

She followed my (girl) friend home one day and was shivering in the rain. Gave her some food and then took her out to see if she would run away or what? I think she got frightened and just ran out. So I figured she probably belonged to somebody else.

Ofcourse I got a nice big earful from the friend.

The next evening...and bam! She is standing outside our door and meowing away like crazy. Now, I think she was about 2 months old. THis time we took her in, gave her food, and then later in the evening I took her out downstairs one more time...and she refused to leave my side. She would take two steps forward and then come back to sniff me. Almost like "dont go away". Felt extremely...weird

Now she is a full time house cat and guards the house from pesky intruders smaller than her.

Here she is planning total world domination:

and ofcourse, when not planning world domination:

She also has her own facebook account!: Pwiggie Soluckie | Facebook

Sometimes I get a feeling she has an Identity crisis between a puppy and a kitten. She always waits by the door when I leave home. She is at the door when I walk in and goes ballistic. She HAS to be carried and walked around the house for a while before she calms down. She licks me awake every morning. She sleeps right next to me on my bed. She wont have it anywhere else. And she loves playing with me all over the house. Loves having her little belly rubbed for a good while.

And no, I dont let her out. She is under...house arrest
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00137.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00145.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00153.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd February 2009 at 16:41. Reason: only two smilies per post allowed
Old 31st January 2009, 20:33   #413
Senior - BHPian

Here are mine

Caesar-German Sheperd
D.O.B-6th may 2006
Bruno-Dobermann
D.O.B-18th July 1995(Yup 13+ years and he is still fit and fine-touchwood;has been with us since he arrived into this world,her mom jimmy was with us.)

Have a buffalo and a calf as well at the farm,let me know if their pics are needed
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01423.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01424.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01425.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01426.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01434.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2009, 01:53   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Cute one muneem
Scooby nice pic.
goan: lol, a super goan pic.

Vinay,some comments about Neo will be great
Im sorry for the late reply had exams ..jus got over.

btw which one's neo.. i went thru pics n saw ur dobe..from the pics he looks really good n has bonded well with u.. wont be surprised if he has more affection to you then the rest of the family.
(BTW im no expert about dogs just love them a lot and all the info i have is through a little experience and internet research of course)..

another thing i have noticed and m really irritated n disgusted by is...
my dog bruno the saint bernard..i agree he's a rare breed and huge by normal standards..but people come look at him like he is a show animal make fun of him try to throw food near him etc..esp kids they try to run near him throw little stones to get his attention etc..
People please note that dogs hate people staring at them it is kinda like they are trying to provoke the dog and is a sign of aggression.
I have been in numerous quarrels with people on this matter.
Cos of this my dog totally hates children now!!! when i take for walks i gotta be very careful he treats every one except me n family n friends with aggression..

Last edited by vinaydas : 2nd February 2009 at 01:55.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:27   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I would rather recommend you adopt one from CUPA. So many beautiful pups and dogs just abandoned there - they could use a wonderful and warm home.
That's a good thought. Even I have been thinking about this for a while. Will think about it too. Thanks for replying Red Liner
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:56   #416
Senior - BHPian

yesterday something amazing happened..you people heard people abandoning babies right?
yesterday somebody abandoned 3 pups outside my gate in cardboard box!!!
he was caring enough to make holes in the box for them to breathe
well i already have a dog so i took em the cupa near veterinary college on Bellary road and donated them.They were more than happy to accept them ^_^
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:45   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Iswear, why dont you go to CUPA in the Veterinary College right away and have a look at the pups Vinaydas has given there?
Old 9th February 2009, 15:24   #418
BHPian

Hello Hello! - We got this brutally handsome guy over the weekend. He is now 47 days old and his name is Pepper which is short for Sergeant Pepperdine.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0740.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0754.jpg  

Old 9th February 2009, 16:41   #419
BHPian

vcash thats one hell of a handsome dog. God bless him with lots of love, happiness and long life
Old 9th February 2009, 20:26   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
vcash thats one hell of a handsome dog. God bless him with lots of love, happiness and long life
Thanks for the wishes, Ashish! He is such a little furball of energy - bouncing around the house and creating havoc. I love this period with the pups having a blast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks