Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 03:33   #691
BHPian

Just came across this beautiful thread. Good to know that there are people who really care about pets.
I am posting the pictures of my Rottweiler(German Import), she is now 7 months old. I never knew that rotties were so expensive to buy and to maintain . But she is a beautiful pup, worth every penny.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0761.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0759.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0766.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0822.jpg  

Old 15th October 2009, 04:48   #692
Senior - BHPian

Its diet is rice, chicken and fish fry. Well the doc adviced to give him a pat with a paper roll which would make noise but doesnt help!! He eats really well but i guess its because of his mud eating habit he is on the weaker side
Old 15th October 2009, 05:42   #693
Senior - BHPian

Thanks vinay will do that
Old 15th October 2009, 07:06   #694
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

1. liquid calcium available at the vet's - two teaspoon fulls
2. calcium sandoz tablets - nice and crunchy
3. add a syrup (1 teaspoon ful) of VITA PET

these will obviate any vitamin/ mineral deficiency the dog may have, which causes him/ her to eat mud.

Now since it is Diwali time, try and take the dogs out early before the idiot public start their crackers. keep the windows and doors closed to keep out the noise as much as possible. dogs hate sudden cracker noises.
keep plenty of fresh clean water handy - stressed dogs keep drinking lots of water. try and stay with your dog in this time because a pet who is alone and is subject to cracker noise tends to panic easily and will be very upset.

This is a time to have patience with the poor animal and give him/ her lots of comfort by your presence - they dont ask for much, so it is our duty as pet owners to do this much at least for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
When there is lack of calcium they normally eat mud, just speak to your Vet and get the calcium Syrup or tablet and feed him.
Old 18th October 2009, 12:36   #695
BHPian

Its a girl

New addition to our family. I'm so glad ozzy has taken her under his wing. Still trying to name the ferocious girl.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-18102009309.jpg  

Old 10th November 2009, 16:51   #696
BANNED

My close friend's female lab is in her final days. His mother is very attached to the pet and since all the the children are out of the country, my friend requested me to try and find a pup for them.

A lab is preferrable and a female would be just as good. If anyone know someone who has one for adoption or sale do pm me.

It would be Goa bound in a nice bunglow and well cared after.

Don't want to approach kennels, as this is for a friend and would consider a very reliable source.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:16   #697
BHPian

Hey Maddy! Deworm him once and for that use Drontal plus (half tablet each day. Do it for 2 days). Make sure you give him lots of fluids during this time.Once deworming is done and if your puppy is more than 5 - 6 months old then give him one 500 mg of Shelcal tablet, one 500 MG of Sandocal tablet and one 500 MG of Limcee or Celin (Vitamin C) everyday till he is around 1 1/2 years old. This will solve the mud eating problem.Have tried this on 4 of my dogs and has worked.If he is less than 5 months old give him 250 MG of all the 3 tablets mentioned above on a daily basis.

Last edited by Torque123 : 10th November 2009 at 18:18.
Old 10th November 2009, 20:56   #698
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Torque. Will try that out too. Suggested what Shankar and Vinay had said and should find out the status from Mom on the same.
Old 10th November 2009, 21:12   #699
BHPian

Truffy, a male Lab!!

here are a few pictures of Truffy, a super naughty' male lab!! these pictures were taken when he was only a few weeks old, he is currently 8 months old and growing!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-3.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-4.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-5.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-6.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-7.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-8.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 00:29   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
My close friend's female lab is in her final days. His mother is very attached to the pet and since all the the children are out of the country, my friend requested me to try and find a pup for them.

A lab is preferrable and a female would be just as good. If anyone know someone who has one for adoption or sale do pm me.

It would be Goa bound in a nice bunglow and well cared after.

Don't want to approach kennels, as this is for a friend and would consider a very reliable source.
I "know" someone on another site who does all charity works with dogs in Goa. She is often seeking homes for dogs who have been abandoned by ex-pats who move on . Can be anything from a street dog to an expensive pedigree beastie.

If that is of any possible interest, I could try to put you in touch.

Bazius, raamki... wonderful pictures!
Old 11th November 2009, 00:39   #701
BHPian

My Pet Pugs...

Elder one is candy(2yrs), younger one is Pluto (3mths)
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2461.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2484.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2341.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 02:17   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

More lovely pictures!

But sad news here. My favourite cat is no more.

Found tonight, by the side of the road, probably run over.

About 20 months old, a fine male, white cat, with a grey patch on his head, another on his tail, and one blue eye.

Ahh well, unless they are to be imprisoned, which I will not do, that is an ever present risk with cats.

Strangely, we already have an applicant for the vacancy --- a black and white cat has taken up residence in our side passage and loudly demands food from us. I know that sounds hard to believe --- but cats are weird!

I shall miss that cat: he was a typical adolescent; marching around like a thug, and then getting upset about something and demanding cuddles.

Our ground is waterlogged; we can't even bury him, and anyway, why shouldn't nature take its course? The ants have already started work.
Old 11th November 2009, 02:49   #703

Ohh. thats really sad to hear. I remember the day the stray I used to be really really fond of never woke up........
Old 12th November 2009, 01:23   #704
aZa
Senior - BHPian

@aman absolutely cute pets !! My french bulldog's name is pluto too!
Old 12th November 2009, 15:06   #705
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
She is often seeking homes for dogs who have been abandoned by ex-pats who move on . Can be anything from a street dog to an expensive pedigree beastie.
Hey thanks for your note.

I think i know who you are talking about. Is it Gracie and GAWT? We know each other quite well. I had volunteered for them and Green Goa before.

We have like 2 dozen rescued strays on our farm itself. Looking for a female lab as we want to replace one that is suffering from renal failure and the owner - an elderly lady is very attached to her.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks