Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 22:08   #841
Senior - BHPian

@condor - Can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Take heart my friend! My sincerest condolences.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:40   #842
Team-BHP Support

Condor,

I'm sorry I know you didn't want any replies to this but, I know how it feels. I've been through it. Please be strong. Heart felt condolences.
Old 18th December 2009, 00:41   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Felling sad for Junior, and only just a short time ago, my Boy Cat, who had to die alone only just across the road from his home.
Old 18th December 2009, 12:52   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, guys.

Keep thinking of his last few moments - the car coming up and hitting him the front half, and he hit the underbody to be dragged a few feet. Just a couple of mild yelps, and soon he was going limp. Dont know how much pain he took in those few minutes on impact that his internals ruptured.

Picked him up, brought him home & went to the doc.

He was kind of restless the last one week. Calls me to play, but didnt play the normal way - a bit of playing fectch, but mostly wanting me to be there while he tore at an old shirt.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:13   #845
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I know you dont want replies but I just wanted to say that my sympathies are with you.

If I see this kind of thing happening around my neighbourhood with speeding cars etc, I personally stand in the way and block the road, especially when Im taking my three dogs for a walk.

I ve taken issue many a time with the grossly callous, more-money-than-brains-or-education type individuals that are so much around us today.

But ranting is not going to help people learn to love animals as they would love their own kids.

Poor Junior - I am 100% sure he's gone up to Doggy Heaven or the Great Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky. R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, PLS :
* no questions.
* no msgs in response to this.

Junior is no more. Hit by a speeding car today evening. End was quick, lots of internal injuries.

Attachment 247289

He had just enough life in him to gently hold my finger for second with his teeth, as I brought him back home.

Jan 2009 - 17-Dec-09. RIP
Old 18th December 2009, 15:44   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, PLS :
* no questions.
* no msgs in response to this.

Junior is no more. Hit by a speeding car today evening. End was quick, lots of internal injuries.

Attachment 247289

He had just enough life in him to gently hold my finger for second with his teeth, as I brought him back home.

Jan 2009 - 17-Dec-09. RIP
I'm really sorry for your loss , I know words wont help much . Having grownup with dogs in my house . I can understand your pain.
Heart felt condolences.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:20   #847
BANNED

My Sweety gave 4 puppies

Dear All

My sweety gave 4 puppies on 10th Dec 2009
Attaching Picture
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-sweety.jpg  

Old 19th December 2009, 10:15   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

After death... new life.

Congratulations to the proud mother
Old 19th December 2009, 10:21   #849
Team-BHP Support

Parwath, i usually dont visit this section, but just had to after you told me about the sad incident last evening,. Having got the chance to meet Junior on multiple occasions, i must say he was very playful, and a great source of joy to you. He's surely left a void so deep that it will be hard to fill.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:30   #850
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to get a Pashmi Hound (Mudhol family) from north Karnataka. Thanks to Bijoy for his Pashmi Hound pics. Casual enquiry about this breed to my colleague helped, if I am lucky new puppy will travel from Dharwad-Bangalore-Kannur soon
Old 19th December 2009, 12:39   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I am trying to get a Pashmi Hound (Mudhol family) from north Karnataka. Thanks to Bijoy for his Pashmi Hound pics. Casual enquiry about this breed to my colleague helped, if I am lucky new puppy will travel from Dharwad-Bangalore-Kannur soon
Congrats Lateesh

I have seen quite a number of these breeds at the odd dog shows held in Hubli , usually got by villagers, and the dogs looked very healthy and majestic.But didn't know there was a breeder in Dharwad.
Old 19th December 2009, 13:01   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

@Latheesh, the Pashmi is not a Mudhol, and a Mudhol is not a Pashmi.

the Mudhol, the Pashmi, the Rampur and the Rajapalayam are four distinct Hounds that you can find in India. Pashmi's are (supposed to be) more similar to the Saluki's.

Compare the two pics here: our Mudhol (1st pic) vs Bijoy' Pashmi (2nd Pic).

Team-BHPians and their Pets-condor-mudhol1.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bijoy-pashmi1.jpg

Some more :
Team-BHPians and their Pets-condor-mudhol2.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bijoy-pashmi2.jpg

Mudhol's are typically reared/bred in the districts of Bijapur / Bagalkot, and are a very hardy, robust breed.

What is the price you have been quoted, and from where will it be coming ?

Note
the Pashmi pics here are taken from Bijoy's post in this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1412806-post646.html
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-bijoy-pashmi3.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th December 2009 at 02:23. Reason: Img credit added on request. As for pic deletion, not sure which one - please report w/ url. Thanks.Note
Old 19th December 2009, 18:12   #853
Senior - BHPian

Condor - Thank you very much for the clarification, its 'mudhol' I am getting. My colleague's cousin who is dog lover from Dharwad knows the source. I'll have to drive down to Dharwad to get our puppy, he will be with me for couple of days and will travel to my hometown in Kerala.

No idea about the price, will update in this thread as soon as I get some info
Old 19th December 2009, 19:26   #854
BHPian

First of all, Condor, sincere condolences. I can understand the pain and void this leaves behind.

I just added a lab pup 'Kruger' to our family last week! Some pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-s6007074.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-s6007097.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-s6007125.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-s6007147.jpg  

Old 19th December 2009, 21:58   #855

had the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How do you (to those who are staying alone/working couple) manage dog when you go to office and there is no one to take care of him during daytime? I cant even think of my dog locked inside the home for whole day. This is the main reason I could not take one cute pug offered to me by a friend.
I had the same problem, and was the only reason I put off pet plans till now. However, have taken the plunge and worked out a way to take care of the puppy. We got a boxer girl and we crate trained her as soon as we got her. Was on leave for the whole of first week, till she got comfortable. In the morning, I take her for a long walk and tire her out with some play. I put her in the crate so she doesn't do any damage to herself or the house. I come home during lunchhour, feed her, and again take her for a short walk and play. Sleep again in the afternoon, and I am back from office by around 6. She has adjusted well so far. I work around 4 kms from home, and have a fairly regular working schedule, so that helps. Once she gets slightly older and mature, we plan to leave her open at home while we are away. This may not work with everyone, but I am really happy that it has worked out well for us.

Most Viewed