Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 22:51   #1066
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What an AWESOME Picture!!! Love it!!! You just feel like patting all their behinds. Have already sent it out to people I know :-)
Thanks. The puppy is mine, but the cats are my girlfriend's friend's. All used to stay together long while ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Awesome picture my friend, see the lane discipline.
The cats were extremely careful with the puppy, they use to take care of him incase my GF was not at home.

All these babies used to stay together, until my GF shifted and I started taking care of the Puppy (Now dog). So the cats are staying with my GF's friend house, and the Dogs at my house. Lately one of the cat was pregnant and she gave birth to 2 cute kittens.

I still can't believe, but the kitten behaves exactly like my Dog. The cats likes water and my dog too (All cats hate it). Both of them drink a lot of water. The cat does not know hot to jump He behaves like a dog. Chews bones, eats anything etc etc. We are just thinking if there was was something wrong between the Cat and my Dog
Old 11th April 2010, 21:59   #1067
BANNED

Hi Guys,

One of my friend in Cameroon has few Husky puppies. He wants to sell those, I already have 2 German Shepherds so can't keep more.

Let me know if anyone is interested in Siberian Husky puppies. Transportation charges are 200$ and you need to pay an additional 200$ for each puppy.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:15   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post

Only the Puppy was one of mine...!
They the look so obedient and well mannered, I had a few cats at home a few years back and they used to finish their food first and head to the next bowl for an other bite. Is that a German Shepherd pup ?
Old 13th April 2010, 02:11   #1069
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
They the look so obedient and well mannered, I had a few cats at home a few years back and they used to finish their food first and head to the next bowl for an other bite. Is that a German Shepherd pup ?
Yes pup is German Shepherd.

The cats are really well mannered if they are not in heat
Old 14th April 2010, 11:04   #1070
BHPian

INFORMATION REQUIRED-Guys, pls help

Hey Guys,

Since last three months i have been searching in Bangalore for a good breeder for buying a Doberman Pinscher pup. Each breeder seems to be in a hurry to push the pup rather than giving the history, getting me to see the parents.

All the claims they make seems to be only orally, but nothing concrete or proved with papers.

I have met few of the breeders and also doctors for the pup, but none have satisfied or answered by questions properly.Some guys are in doubts, some say they will revert, some have started avoiding calls.

I request guys out here to help me out with information where i could get hold of a good Doberman pup from a good family. I am looking for a male pup. Purpose is purely for guarding.

Guys help me out please.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:27   #1071
BHPian

Make sure they are KCI registered pups. Also you can ask this question in the Pets thread rather than a separate thread about it. Plenty of pet owners from Bangalore around to help you out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...heir-pets.html
Old 14th April 2010, 17:07   #1072
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Hey Guys,

Since last three months i have been searching in Bangalore for a good breeder for buying a Doberman Pinscher pup. Each breeder seems to be in a hurry to push the pup rather than giving the history, getting me to see the parents.

All the claims they make seems to be only orally, but nothing concrete or proved with papers.

I have met few of the breeders and also doctors for the pup, but none have satisfied or answered by questions properly.Some guys are in doubts, some say they will revert, some have started avoiding calls.

I request guys out here to help me out with information where i could get hold of a good Doberman pup from a good family. I am looking for a male pup. Purpose is purely for guarding.

Guys help me out please.
You don't need to do all those to get a pure breded dog. Cool down and go to the Cesna Vet hospital in CMH road. I am sure they will help you in your search.

All the best
Old 16th April 2010, 18:38   #1073

Quote:
Hi Guys,

One of my friend in Cameroon has few Husky puppies. He wants to sell those, I already have 2 German Shepherds so can't keep more.

Let me know if anyone is interested in Siberian Husky puppies. Transportation charges are 200$ and you need to pay an additional 200$ for each puppy.
Correct me if am wrong but, aren't Siberian Huskies supposed to be brought up in a cold environment. Won't our Indian climate cause problems?

I guess anyone who is planning to get one makes sure he can keep them in a room with the AC on fulltime
Old 16th April 2010, 21:29   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Coincidentally, someone from Cameroon had recently offered my sister a pug. Transportation was US$125 and the pup was for free.
Old 17th April 2010, 00:09   #1075
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxicator View Post
Correct me if am wrong but, aren't Siberian Huskies supposed to be brought up in a cold environment. Won't our Indian climate cause problems?

I guess anyone who is planning to get one makes sure he can keep them in a room with the AC on fulltime
Not necessary..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flotsam View Post
Coincidentally, someone from Cameroon had recently offered my sister a pug. Transportation was US$125 and the pup was for free.
Yeah, pup is free if you receive it You will get people to give you the same offer in 50$ also.

P.S - You will get such frauds all over the world, forget Cameroon so BEWARE. I'm not trying to earn some profit dude, My current job fulfils my needs. People who think the 125$ deal is good, go ahead and lose it for your smartness.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 17th April 2010 at 00:12.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:13   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Not necessary..!

Yeah, pup is free if you receive it You will get people to give you the same offer in 50$ also.

P.S - You will get such frauds all over the world, forget Cameroon so BEWARE. I'm not trying to earn some profit dude, My current job fulfils my needs. People who think the 125$ deal is good, go ahead and lose it for your smartness.
Hi: I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on you, sorry if it sounded that way. I just wanted to inform fellow BHPians to be very careful when dealing with overseas sellers. Check out these links:
Fun with Cameroon Pet Scams | Castellini on Computers - Computer help for beginners
Pet scams you should be aware of on the internet...!
Old 17th April 2010, 10:52   #1077
Senior - BHPian

I have got scammed on my Labrador by some contact of my cousins. It was all my fault of trying the easy way of getting a pet and my brothers haste which cost me dear.

I love Milo the way he is but i just want guys who are going in for new pets to be clear as cheats abound
Old 17th April 2010, 17:29   #1078
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion when you're getting a pet you're adopting a life.Consider what would you pay for a life?
I've once bought a lab from a dealer in delhi.now that pup was 3 months old and i took it to the doc first thing.he seemed ok and was administered the shots required at that age.the dealer had given me the details for the shots that it had had before.

But within 10 days the dog developed distemper symptoms and died a very painful death.we tried everything.we tried our best but it was to no avail.

Since then i have stopped dealing with these dealers and middlemen.The first thing i ask when i see a pup is where is the mother?the seller has to be the owner of the mother or i don't look again at that person.

I'll be picking up a Rottweiler on 25th of this month.I'm paying a price that is probably one of the highest in the country but the reason is that the owner is a very avid dog lover.has proofs of owning champion dogs and even this litter is from an international champion.the mother is beautiful.Plus the fact that i have seen what he's been feeding the dogs.the doctor who has administered the shots is known to me.
He's taken awesome care of the pups and hence deserves his own price for the pups.

What i want to say is that if you want an awesome show quality dog then be prepared to shell out a good amount of money because proper care and initial rearing of these pups costs money to the breeder also.and he has to be paid for the time and labour he's spending on the pups too.

If you want a pet quality dog which will remain home then also buy from owners of the dogs only.they may not be of show quality but atleast you know that you're getting a "good taken care of" pup.We bought our last golden retriever locally from a family.she was absolutely fantastic while she was with us.

Don't buy a pup from a dealer just because you're getting a show quality pup for pet quality price.the cost cutting will involve lesser care of the pup for sure.

look up the internet for various high end breeding kennels..
eg-

Dogs India, Training, Food, Supplies, Dogs & Puppies in India, Breeds, Grooming, Kennel, Dog Spot for all your Dog's Needs, DogSpot

Indian Dogs - Info on Pet Dogs In India - Dog Breeders In India

talk to people.If they are true dog lovers then they will satisfy all your queries.
Old 17th April 2010, 21:43   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Pic taken in 1986, me on the right with my pet bitch (the only one we had)-chichoo on the left.
She passed away peacefully that December.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc04435.jpg  

Old 20th April 2010, 11:37   #1080
BHPian

Sheru

We adopted a stray Sheru about 2 years back. My eyes still well up at the thought of witnessing him getting hit by a car and dying on the spot. I gave hell to the driver, made a complaint on negligent driving but still, not much could be done. Here are the pics just weeks before his demise.

The last one, I made using Photoshop.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image010.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image023.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image045.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image048.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image051.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img11.jpg

Most Viewed