Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:55   #1771
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

^^ hi pal.. She wasnt searching for any job and it all happened very fast. Just like that she went to that company and got selected. We still dont want to lose her, but one day mistake costed her.

I am no way blackmailing anybody, and definitely not with my lab.
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:59   #1772
Senior - BHPian

Relax guys!
Dreams man i hope your Lab finds a good caring home.Just a small request.Please give her away responsibly.Not to just anyone.I hope someone from tbhp comes forward or helps out.

But then also see if you can workout somehting to keep her and take care of her.It hurts giving away such a cute bundle of joy.One has to work hard for pets.Its a commitment that you made when you got her to your house.So i hope you don't give up on your commitment.
Old 23rd February 2011, 00:34   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
NO, that is a more worse suggestion.
Care to elaborate how?

@dreams: I'd still recommend you hire a caretaker if possible. She has separation anxiety, which isn't uncommon at all. Hiring a caretaker for the day should fix the problem. My friend had the same issue with her grown up dog (mongrel/stray). She asked her maid to do her chores during the day, and the dog was totally fine. She had to pay the maid a couple of thousands extra or so.
The only reason I say this is that the older the dog gets, the dearer it becomes. By the time the dog is 2-2.5 yrs old, you'd realize what I am talking about.

Last edited by e1t1bet : 23rd February 2011 at 00:39.
Old 23rd February 2011, 01:55   #1774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@dre@ms: Can you not get a driver/maid to walk the pup, serve some food while you are away?
Quote:
NO, that is a more worse suggestion.
Not necessarily. When we go away on holiday, and our maid looks after our cat, I know I am leaving the cat with one of her friends. Thing is, of course, the cat-maid relationship is of their choosing, and has grown over time. It is not something one can just start from scratch
Old 23rd February 2011, 06:37   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Not necessarily. When we go away on holiday, and our maid looks after our cat, I know I am leaving the cat with one of her friends. Thing is, of course, the cat-maid relationship is of their choosing, and has grown over time. It is not something one can just start from scratch
You are lucky to get a maid like that, not everyone gets one. Also, holiday is something different and lifetime-not-giving-time is something else. I'm sure he would have taking that decision after a lot of thinking.
Old 23rd February 2011, 08:33   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Definitely, thinkin of it wets my eyes :(

Food is definitely not a problem. @7 she used to have royal canin. I come for lunch and feed her with royal canin, eve we feed her again once we both reach home @7 and if she needs, one more time in the night.

But this monday, we left her confined in the balcony and forgot to switch on the lights. We reachd home @7 and my landlord complained that the lab was barking frm afternoon and askd to dispose her. No other options i have now.
Thanks for the reply guys. The problem is not with care taking. Think people must have missed my above post.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:33   #1777
Distinguished - BHPian

It's true. Maid (actually both maids) and cat get on far better than wife and cat do!
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:08   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
This is a bunch of baloney. You did not think about your wife getting a job 3 weeks ago when you brought her into your house? To add to that, you are now trying to emotionally blackmail pet lovers here. Hopefully the dog goes to a loving home where the family can take care of her and not give her away in 3 weeks because of the responsibility.
Relax Pranav. I understand your anger but this will not make it any easier for dreams.He is already under the pain of parting with his pet and you are not helping out here.Irresponsible or not I can imagine the hurt of getting seperated by his/her pet.

I have adopted 2 labs from different friends who were moving abroad for good and have seen the trauma which they went through.They would call me at 2am just to check whether their x-pet was feeling fine.

Quote:
@ Dreams- You are doing the right thing. Hope you take this as a learning and next time anyone adopts a puppy, think 10 times, it is a lifetime responsibility.
True.OT, googleman you remind me of Ranjan sharma.Just a feeling.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply guys. The problem is not with care taking. Think people must have missed my above post.
Dreams, a maid would have been an alternate solution but till then the pet would have a harrowing time.Labs in particular need to be in human company always as compared to breeds like mudhol.So better to give it away to a deserving pet lover than have a maid take care of it.

And don't feel bad about it that you did an irresponsible thing of getting the pup to your home in the first place.It happens.Now just find a good pet lover who is ready to take care of her, if possible any of your relatives.So that in case you miss teena, you can always go and meet her.

All the best buddy.Hope it all ends on a happy note.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:40   #1779
BANNED

Quote:
3 weeks back, we bought a Female Lab(Fawn/Yellow Color). At that time she was just 37 days old. Since the real owner hadn't kept a name for it we decided to name her.
Take her back to whom you got her from they will be in a better position to find a house.

Secondly once she is gone. She is GONE.

Don't go looking for her everyday or weekend. Stay away from her once you have given her away.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:45   #1780
BHPian

Thanks Alter_Ego
Your words soothed me a lot
Infact, after reading some of our members comments, me and my wife did felt bad. We were thinking we have ruined a puppy's life. Anyways, we both consoled ourselves, that she doesnt deserve us and she would be happy somewhere else.

We are also finding all possible solutions to keep her in a safe custody. Infact, last weekend, we went for hunting a new house to accommodate our lab, without any disturbances, possibly a independent house. But it failed.

We are also finding options, where we can leave her in my wife's native place, where there are always people who can take care and take good care. Within which, if we get a independent house, we can immediately take her back and give all our love.

I have take some snaps of her today morning, to keep it in our collection. Will post them here.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Take her back to whom you got her from they will be in a better position to find a house.

Secondly once she is gone. She is GONE.

Don't go looking for her everyday or weekend. Stay away from her once you have given her away.
We got her from a pet shop in Arumbakkam and dont want to give her back, she will definitely miss us. (They keep her caged)

Last edited by bblost : 23rd February 2011 at 11:26. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 24th February 2011, 11:05   #1781
BHPian

Some more snaps of our teena, as of yesterday.

If all goes well, today will be our last day with her :(
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-3.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 24th February 2011, 12:27   #1782
BHPian

Heart breaking dreams, i went through this 5 yrs back. Gave away my lab as I couldnt find a landlord who will accept a dog. 2 yrs back I bought a flat (ensured there was no associated policy against pets etc) and took the pup of the same lab

cheer up mate.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:19   #1783
BHPian

^^ Hey pal.. What a coincidence.. We have also planned the same thing, infact we have started the ground work for it
Old 25th February 2011, 10:12   #1784
BHPian

UPDATE

Dear All,

Yesterday night around 2030 hours, our teana left us with her new family. He is a good samaritan and a bhpian. Mr Subbiah
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/r_subbiah.html

Once she left, we felt our house was empty and for atleast 30 minutes, myself and my wife were emotional, then we left the house for a stroll to console ourselves. When we returned, to erase her memories, we re-arranged our house completely. But her trace and smell is still haunting the house :(

We strongly believe and hope she is now in good hands.

Thanks everybody for supporting us and thanks to team-bhp for helping us to find a new home for our teana.

Special thanks to Mr Subbiah too.

Cheers.
Old 25th February 2011, 13:37   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once she left, we felt our house was empty and for atleast 30 minutes, myself and my wife were emotional, then we left the house for a stroll to console ourselves. When we returned, to erase her memories, we re-arranged our house completely. But her trace and smell is still haunting the house :(
time will heal. trust me. i've been there.

@r_subbiah: bless your soul!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks