Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0662.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image0162.jpg  

Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 08:31   #2387
BHPian

Re: Teach a Jack Russel to walk on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
That's a great looking dog. The picture of him walking has an air of nonchalance and seems as if he is saying " Who the hell has come into my kingdom"
Thanks. His attitude exactly! The little chap is 20% size and 80% attitude.
rmonie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2011, 22:49   #2388
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

I just returned from a ~3000km trip with my 4 month old Golder Retriever and he was pretty chilled out throughout the journey. We made sure he had enough place in the backseat to lie stretched (we filled one side of the rear passenger leg space with a mattress so it was in line with the rear seat itself. And one of us sat with him in the rear all the while. We fed him small meals and gave him 3 hourly breaks to go about his business. Luckily we didnt need to put him on any meds during or after the drive.

He stayed energetic throughout the drive and this has only encourage me to undertake more drives with him rather then putting him up in a kennel.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:24   #2389
Senior - BHPian

My friend is looking for Boxer or Jack Russel puppy in Bangalore. Any reputed breeder in south Bangalore?
Old 10th November 2011, 15:37   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
I just returned from a ~3000km trip with my 4 month old Golder Retriever and he was pretty chilled out throughout the journey. We made sure he had enough place in the backseat to lie stretched (we filled one side of the rear passenger leg space with a mattress so it was in line with the rear seat itself. And one of us sat with him in the rear all the while. We fed him small meals and gave him 3 hourly breaks to go about his business. Luckily we didnt need to put him on any meds during or after the drive.

He stayed energetic throughout the drive and this has only encourage me to undertake more drives with him rather then putting him up in a kennel.
that is indeed good to hear

i think when pets accompany us on our journeys when they're very young, they adapt and hence when they grow up the don't have any issues travelling long distances.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:38   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just returned from a ~3000km trip with my 4 month old Golder Retriever and he was pretty chilled out throughout the journey.
3000 kms and 0 snaps come on you can do better than that.

Was staying in hotels etc an issue, were they okay with your pet in the room. Is there some site which lists out pet friendly options to stay, unless you had some alternate staying options, do elaborate.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:58   #2392
BHPian

KHOJ

check out this site - Pet Vacations India where you can holiday with your dog, cat, etc.
I have not used it but found it when i was searching pet friendly hotels ... for future use
bbops1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 22:13   #2393
BHPian

Looking forward to bring home a lovely Lab pup. Any leads for a reputed breeder in and around NCR. Somehow unable to trust an unknown Pet shop and unfortunately I dont have a prior experience with any of them.

Also how much should I be paying for a fawn male lab? A pet shop here is asking 8K which I feel is on the higher side. About 15 days he was selling for 6K but now says that the buying price of this litter is higher hence the higher selling price.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:23   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Somehow unable to trust an unknown Pet shop and unfortunately I dont have a prior experience with any of them.
What is your worry? After all the local pet shop will also give you a Dog puppy only.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:57   #2395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad
Looking forward to bring home a lovely Lab pup. Any leads for a reputed breeder in and around NCR. Somehow unable to trust an unknown Pet shop and unfortunately I dont have a prior experience with any of them.

Also how much should I be paying for a fawn male lab? A pet shop here is asking 8K which I feel is on the higher side. About 15 days he was selling for 6K but now says that the buying price of this litter is higher hence the higher selling price.
Go to friendicoes in Khan market or defense Col flyover(not sure if its still there).
You will find one probably.
Or you might even decide to give a non lab pup a Home too...
Old 11th November 2011, 19:03   #2396
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

found a foundling tinybeast pup while on my early morning walk - abandoned by its mum. it has a littlebigfoot -one foreleg is slightly longer than the other.
brought him home a couple of days back. poor chap. cold and hungry.
so he is at home now and Im giving him to CUPA tomorrow so that they can shelter him till he grows up a bit and can be adopted.
lovely little brindled coat. must be some great dane or boxer blood there somewhere in his ancestry.
my three dogs are quite resigned to these regular appearances and disappearances of strange pups but they are a bit jealous.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2011, 20:21   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad
Do give a thought to the idea of adopting a puppy. Lab, other pedigree or no pedigree would your preference.

That way, you could help curbing the mass breeding of dogs.

IMHO, they're living beings and mass-breeding results in commoditizing them. You know - like factory-made dogs.
Old 11th November 2011, 21:18   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
found a foundling tinybeast pup while on my early morning walk - abandoned by its mum. it has a littlebigfoot -one foreleg is slightly longer than the other.
brought him home a couple of days back. poor chap. cold and hungry.
so he is at home now and Im giving him to CUPA tomorrow so that they can shelter him till he grows up a bit and can be adopted.
lovely little brindled coat. must be some great dane or boxer blood there somewhere in his ancestry.
my three dogs are quite resigned to these regular appearances and disappearances of strange pups but they are a bit jealous.
Any pictures of the little guy? A picture speaks a thousand words. Your quota of words are done
Old 11th November 2011, 23:47   #2399
BHPian

I wanted to let you all know about a very kind-hearted vet, Dr.Priya Govind in Kilpauk, Chennai. I had been taking my kittens to her (all the way from Nanganallur to Kilpauk) just because of the way she treats them with such good care. I actually feel so relaxed seeing the affection she gives to the kittens. After neutering my kittens, she used to text me to know about their recovery. And the fee she charges is quite less compared to other vets in town.

She is available between 10am and 12am and between 4pm and 8pm on all days except Sundays.

Location: Take the road just next to Ega theatre (Vasu street) and take the 2nd right (a dead end). Her house/clinic is the last one on to your right side.

Seems she is also doing a lot of social service not only for animals but also for humans. She is also partnering with some animal welfare trusts.
callvvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 00:07   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey anand,

Did you drive past Pondy ? Because I saw a 4 month old Golden in a M-800 very recently here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks