Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 11:10   #2926
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
After much deliberation and research as to get a GSD or Labrador or adopt a stray dog I finally got home a Labrador pup from my relatives who had space problems. Thanks to fellow bhpians KarthikK & Kri$hna for patiently answering my queries.
congrats on the pup! he looks really adorable in the pictures. Perfect wallpaper material! Do post some more pictures if you have

Quote:
I didn't went for the GSD or the adopted pet as this will be our first dog and none of us (mom, dad, me and wife) have any experience in handling dogs. And the temperament being un-predictable for both these breeds I thought a gentle breed like Lab should do.
Actually a GSD is very much predictable and one of the highest intelligence levels among dogs, but it requires a little firmer training. A lab does fine for your family if you are not too concerned about wanting a watchdog.

Quote:
Coming to our dog, brought this one on 23rd of June 2012, it has turned 6 months on 10th of September.

I need help on the below points, even the vets give just a high level information hence reaching out to all of you.
have tried to answer most of your queries

Quote:
Issue No. 1 - Itching : I groom him twice daily, after morning walk and once I return from office and also keep checking for any fleas/ticks. Have been using Clinar-M (as advised by vet) for his weekly bath but his itching doesn't stop. Common places are behind his hind legs, tail and rear end. Our vet also suggested 'Dexona tab' but after a week the problem persists. His hair is also falling severely, I am aware of hair shredding in dogs but not sure if it has any schedule or if it's seasonal. We have his hair all over the place.
itching could be due to 4 reasons :

1. Parasites - the most obvious reason being ticks or fleas. Like I mentioned in my earlier post 2 days back here, you can use a repellant like Protector or K9Advantix to keep parasites at bay. Once you rule out parasites, itching narrows down to 3-4 more reasons. Normally, repellant solutions are not advised for very young pups, but since your dog is 6 months old, it should be fine to use 3/4 of the solution vial. 1 application provides protection for upto 30-45 days.

2. Bathing too frequently with shampoos - doing this washes away all the oils that keep the coat shiny and the skin protected. Obviously once the oil is gone, the coat will start to get dry and flaky, and the fur will start to shed sooner than usual.

3. Infections - check the skin color in the area where he scratches frequently. If there is a red, rash-like appearance or a wound-like appearance, it could be some kind of infection which needs a topical ointment (consult the vet for which one to use, I don't want to give online prescriptions )

4. Allergies - some dogs are allergic to some kinds of food, some brands of food or even some particular treats or biscuits which you feed. You have to find which one is the culprit, but I would strongly suspect Pedigree to be the culprit here, since it is quite (in)famous for causing skin allergies. Switch to a different brand like RoyalCanin or Eukanaba for a few days to observe if this allergy persists (if it is an allergy that is)

Quote:
Issue No. 2 : Appetite: One fine day Brownie (that's his name) stopped eating, on an average we feed him every 3 hours but he didn't eat for an entire day. Took him to a vet who checked and said it's a liver dis function which is common in pups and prescribed 'Liverolin plus' for liver simulation. His appetite is fine since then but since 15 days he has been eating only twice or thrice a day i.e. early morning around 7.30 am, 2 pm and 7 pm.
Lack of appetite could sometimes be attributed to worms. When has he last been given de-worming tablets? You could check that. Pups need to be de-wormed once in a month in puppyhood (upto 6 months), and from then on, once in 4 months for life.

Quote:
I have been feeding him on Pedigree Large breed, Puppy variant only. Used to mix it with milk but of late he prefers eating it dry. One Egg with pedigree is served after morning walk i.e. 7.30 am. Our Vet asked to start non-veg from next month i.e. when he reaches 7 months and since he is on 'Liverolin plus' medication. Please tell me if his appetite his normal since he has turned 6 months now and do they eat only twice a day going forward ?
Twice a day is ideal. Space the meals 12 hours apart ideally, and maintain the same meal time everyday. Dogs like the concept of sticking to schedules. Are you overfeeding the dog? Usually the outer packet of branded food contains a chart on how many grams of food a dog of a particular age should be given per day. Just divide that quantity into the 2 meals, that should do. I wouldn't advise giving these pellet-types of food dry. The pellets tend to absorb water in the stomach and cause bloating and indigestion. Mix it with milk or curd preferably. Some people even give it with warm water and eggs.

Quote:
Till how long should i continue giving him packaged food and any alternates for it. I was also advised to give him calcium tonic till he reaches one year. His de-worming schedule is 10th of every month which i follow diligently.
You can continue packaged food for life, they are specifically formulated to provide all nutrients. They are available in breed-specific, age-specific and requirement-specific (like diabetic or sensitive skin) variants. If you choose to give home-cooked food, make sure to include plenty of protein and meat in their diet.

Quote:
Issue No. 3 : Potty training : The day i brought him in, he got down from the car and immediately peed inside our gate. That's it, since then that is the ONLY spot where he does his job. I even put a cloth at that spot and placed it outside and made him sniff it but it didn't work. No matter how far i take him to walk he only does it after he reaches home at his spot. This has become a problem for us now. No matter how hard we try to wash off the scent he manages to get it back.
Since he is an adolescent, I would suspect this has more to do with marking his territory at home than a relieving habit at the same place. Try using the back gate or something and he will probably find another "marking" place. Scold him verbally (only) whenever he does it at home (don't attempt to pull him away when he is relieving himself, let him complete), and if he does it outside, praise him and give him a small piece of a treat. This is how he will understand that doing it at home is bad, and doing it outside is good. You have to catch him in the act to scold verbally. If you scold him 10 minutes after the act, he will have forgotten about it totally, and will think you have gone bonkers for scolding without any reason. This applies to any kind of training or command.

Quote:
Issue No. 4 : Doesn't bark : He rarely barks, and does bark only once if it happens (that too started recently). We use a leash only for walks, we don't even use a collar when he is inside.
Good heavens! 'Doesn't bark' is an issue?? there are most dog owners who cry because the dog barks excessively *lol*! Relax, most dogs develop a barking habit because of boredom, when the owners usually tie up the dog in a balcony or kennel and leave it alone for hours together. That fact that your dog doesn't bark, means he is quite comfortable the way he is at your home now, which is excellent. As he grows older, you might find that he occasionally barks at other dogs during walks, or at strangers visiting home. Retain the leash for walks, never ever leave him free on public roads. It is not worth the risk of stray dog attacks.

Last edited by KarthikK : 18th September 2012 at 11:20.
Old 18th September 2012, 17:25   #2927
BHPian

Mod team note: Proper punctuation helps with readability.

This is bonnie, our lab. One foto is taking when he was just three months old, now he is almost 4 years old.

And he barks, so powerfully that someone with a weak heart can faint.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-bon2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bon.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2012 at 11:58.
Old 19th September 2012, 12:34   #2928
Senior - BHPian

Kitten help

We adopted 4 kittens over 2 months ago, one of which disappeared last week,so only 3 remain now.

The one which disappeared was very active and the most energetic of the lot. The other 3 weren't any less but just not as active as the guy who disappeared.

Problem started 2 days ago when I noticed a severe loss of appetite. All 3 eat a lot less now, and one simply refuses to eat at all. He's lost weight and looks very weak. The way he meows has also changed,sounds more like how humans sound when they have a cold. Eats nothing to very little.

We tried feeding them milk,rice,bread,curds but to no avail. One who stopped eating threw up in the morning and it looks like undigested milk or something. Is white in color.

Any ideas on what's the problem and possible remedies ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 19th September 2012 at 12:36.
Old 19th September 2012, 13:58   #2929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Kitten help

We adopted 4 kittens over 2 months ago, one of which disappeared last week,so only 3 remain now.

The one which disappeared was very active and the most energetic of the lot. The other 3 weren't any less but just not as active as the guy who disappeared.

Problem started 2 days ago when I noticed a severe loss of appetite. All 3 eat a lot less now, and one simply refuses to eat at all. He's lost weight and looks very weak. The way he meows has also changed,sounds more like how humans sound when they have a cold. Eats nothing to very little.

We tried feeding them milk,rice,bread,curds but to no avail. One who stopped eating threw up in the morning and it looks like undigested milk or something. Is white in color.

Any ideas on what's the problem and possible remedies ?
1. Have you de-wormed?
2. Vaccinated?

Get to a Vet pronto!

Here's one I highly recommend:

Cessna Vet
No.177, BH Dominos Pizza, 9TH CRS, 5TH MN, 100 Ft RD, Indiranagar, Bangalore - 560038
Call: [COLOR=#1274c0]+(91)-80-66496963[/COLOR]

Cats are notoriously difficult to diagnose at home - a vet's the best bet.
Old 19th September 2012, 15:55   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner

1. Have you de-wormed?
2. Vaccinated?

Get to a Vet pronto!

Here's one I highly recommend:

Cessna Vet
No.177, BH Dominos Pizza, 9TH CRS, 5TH MN, 100 Ft RD, Indiranagar, Bangalore - 560038
Call: +(91)-80-66496963

Cats are notoriously difficult to diagnose at home - a vet's the best bet.
Thanks for the info! No I haven't vaccinated or de-wormed. Good thing is, the one who wasn't eating at all started eating small quantities now.

Will consult a vet.
Old 19th September 2012, 15:57   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Issue No. 1 - Itching :

Issue No. 2 : Appetite:

Issue No. 3 : Potty training :

Issue No. 4 : Doesn't bark :
Issue 2 & 4 are not issues

Specially Issue 2 - You are overfeeding him.

Every dog has digestion issues, they do not eat until they are back to normal, so if your dog does not eat for 30 hours, it is ok. More than 30 hours.. problem. Check if he drinks water or not while his "non eating" days.

Issue 1 - If you are sure there are no parasites. It is sure due to dry skin. Rear half of body itching, then surety increases.

Issue 3 - Before taking your dog out for a walk "On a Sunday". Feed him and make him drink as much water as he can. Take him out for an hour or so.
Check with the previous owner what kind of place he used to prefer to relieve himself. My dog prefers Grass

Lab owning tip: They are very restless and playful, so make sure you have your expectations set. Do not get irritated, they may even spoil your furniture etc.
Old 19th September 2012, 17:02   #2932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thanks for the info! No I haven't vaccinated or de-wormed. Good thing is, the one who wasn't eating at all started eating small quantities now.

Will consult a vet.
Vaccination and de-worming is very essential! Please have them done right away! The last thing you need is rabies on you if one of them contracts it!
Old 19th September 2012, 17:17   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk

Will consult a vet.
Hi shashank.nk,

Please avoid feeding cats milk. I know it sounds ridiculous but most of them have some form of lactose intolerance. Feed boiled egg if you are vegetarian, else some form of meat. If you can afford it feed wet cat food, though meat is still preferable.

Regards,
Old 20th September 2012, 19:43   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
For the potty training stuff clean the place he does currently five times back to back with WHITE VINEGAR. This will remove the scent
Thank you MuzzledMoose, this will be my DIY project this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
congrats on the pup! he looks really adorable in the pictures. Perfect wallpaper material! Do post some more pictures if you have
Thank you Buddy, posted a latest pic.

Quote:
Actually a GSD is very much predictable and one of the highest intelligence levels among dogs, but it requires a little firmer training. A lab does fine for your family if you are not too concerned about wanting a watchdog.
Firm training was an issue here as all of us were newbies.

Quote:

3. Infections - check the skin color in the area where he scratches frequently. If there is a red, rash-like appearance or a wound-like appearance, it could be some kind of infection which needs a topical ointment (consult the vet for which one to use, I don't want to give online prescriptions )

4. Allergies - some dogs are allergic to some kinds of food, some brands of food or even some particular treats or biscuits which you feed. You have to find which one is the culprit, but I would strongly suspect Pedigree to be the culprit here, since it is quite (in)famous for causing skin allergies. Switch to a different brand like RoyalCanin or Eukanaba for a few days to observe if this allergy persists (if it is an allergy that is)
I check his skin thoroughly while combing and also whenever he starts scratching, couldn't find ticks/fleas. But yes, the scratched area becomes red in colour does this mean a skin infection ? I will also try introducing him to RoyalCanin once the current stock of pedigree is over (should be over in a week).

Quote:
Lack of appetite could sometimes be attributed to worms. When has he last been given de-worming tablets? You could check that. Pups need to be de-wormed once in a month in puppyhood (upto 6 months), and from then on, once in 4 months for life.
It was done on 10th September. Our Vet set a monthly schedule for de-worming. Is it fine ?

Quote:

Twice a day is ideal. Space the meals 12 hours apart ideally, and maintain the same meal time everyday. Dogs like the concept of sticking to schedules. Are you overfeeding the dog?
7 am - Pedigree with boiled egg, 2 pm - 50g Pedigree : depends upon his mood to eat. 7.30 pm - pedigree. We serve cup of milk twice in between the meals. I will try to stick to the 12 hour schedule. The issue is my parents are over-worried on his appetite and start giving him food every 3 to 4 hours. But most of the time he doesn't eat it. Have conveyed to my parents on the 12 hour schedule.

Quote:

I wouldn't advise giving these pellet-types of food dry. The pellets tend to absorb water in the stomach and cause bloating and indigestion. Mix it with milk or curd preferably. Some people even give it with warm water and eggs.
I had the same doubt initially and used to give it mix with milk but he isn't touching the food of late, hence serving dry. Will add warm water and see if he eats it.

Quote:

Since he is an adolescent, I would suspect this has more to do with marking his territory at home than a relieving habit at the same place.
I think marking the territory hasn't got to him yet, he only does the job after walks, running and meals. I have started scolding him whenever he is doing it. Still not doing it outside

Quote:
Retain the leash for walks, never ever leave him free on public roads. It is not worth the risk of stray dog attacks.
My mom is upset as he wags his tail on everyone who comes to our house or stands outside the gate. I am very careful while taking on walks, there are many group of stray dogs who are literal Gundas in our colony. Brownie doesn't understand but just tries to run towards them on seeing them but I hold him firmly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Issue 2 & 4 are not issues

Specially Issue 2 - You are overfeeding him.

Every dog has digestion issues, they do not eat until they are back to normal, so if your dog does not eat for 30 hours, it is ok. More than 30 hours.. problem. Check if he drinks water or not while his "non eating" days.
Thank you Googleman, yes I think we are overfeeding him. Will get it corrected.
Yes, he does drink lots of water during those 'non-eating' days.

Quote:

Issue 3 - Before taking your dog out for a walk "On a Sunday". Feed him and make him drink as much water as he can. Take him out for an hour or so.
Check with the previous owner what kind of place he used to prefer to relieve himself. My dog prefers Grass
Will try it this weekend.

Quote:

Lab owning tip: They are very restless and playful, so make sure you have your expectations set. Do not get irritated, they may even spoil your furniture etc.
Oh God !! ask me. He always wants to play. Two new door mats have been chewed. My nephews/nieces toys have been taken over by him. He discreetly chews our sofa set chip by chip. We love all of it though. I make sure he gets enough of play and exercise as soon as I am back from office or before going starting off. Dad has also started to play with him.

Sincere thanks to all of you for taking time.

Here is today's picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-windows-photo-viewer-wallpaper.jpg  

Old 21st September 2012, 14:03   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is the kind of thing I was thinking of. It seems expensive, but the main thing is that they work. Any of those creatures coming to your dog will drop dead. It takes a little while to clear the house, but once that is done you will have no ticks, no fleas, and you can make the application periods longer apart. My experience is based entirely on cats, but there is no reason to suppose that it is any different to dogs. I used to apply the "monthly" drop to my last London cat every three or four months.
[quote=KarthikK;2905785]Forget RIDD. That's a thing of the past . There are repellants available today which are far more effective and easier to apply. In fact, they are effortless in application.

Try either of these 2 for long-lasting, guaranteed results :

1. K9 Advantix by Bayer - provides freedom from parasites for upto 45 days with 1 application. No parasite will even be able to latch onto your dog during this period, and the existing ones will just fall away within a day. Supremely effective and long lasting.

2. Cipla's Protector - similar to Advantix, with the difference being a reduced effectiveness of 30 days, but with the advantage that it removes parasites in the environment where the treated dog lives too. Advantix protects the dog, but doesn't do anything to control spread of parasites in the environment. If you fear your house is infested, better go for Protector and later shift to K9Advantix.

quote]

@Thad & @KarthiK
I have a Pomeranian cross which has some ticks, for which we have been using shampoos prescribed by the vet. The dog will be chained in the day except for some occasional walks or sprints, as my 1.5 year old kid will be running around. Is K9Advantix safe to use in such a situation. My kid doesn't directly come into contact with the dog, but he plays in the areas where the dog roams around or sleeps in the night, which is pretty much all areas in my home. Just wanted to know before trying it out as the shampoos are pretty much ineffective.

Guys, if anyone else has any experience with this product, please share the same.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:19   #2936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
@Thad & @KarthiK
I have a Pomeranian cross which has some ticks, for which we have been using shampoos prescribed by the vet. The dog will be chained in the day except for some occasional walks or sprints, as my 1.5 year old kid will be running around. Is K9Advantix safe to use in such a situation. My kid doesn't directly come into contact with the dog, but he plays in the areas where the dog roams around or sleeps in the night, which is pretty much all areas in my home. Just wanted to know before trying it out as the shampoos are pretty much ineffective.
Shampoos can be sent to the dustbin. Repellants are infinitesimally better.
It shouldn't have any effect on your kid whatsoever. Once the application is done on the dog (try doing it sometime at night), avoid your kid getting in contact with the neck-shoulder area of the dog (where the solution should be applied) that particular night and following few days. The solution will be absorbed into the skin and will dry up in a day or two, after which it should be fine to let the kid play with him again.

k9Advantix is available for dogs of different sizes. Choose the variant which is correct for your dog's weight, and you should be fine.

OT - this is not my business to ask, but try training the dog to get along with the kid and get the dog familiar to the kid's presence instead of tying the dog up all day long. It must be really frustrating for the dog to be tied up with 2 feet of movement space for hours together. Just a suggestion you can consider

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st September 2012 at 14:24.
Old 21st September 2012, 14:33   #2937
BHPian

Quote:
Shampoos can be sent to the dustbin. Repellants are infinitesimally better.

k9Advantix is available for dogs of different sizes. Choose the variant which is correct for your dog's weight, and you should be fine.

OT - this is not my business to ask, but try training the dog to get along with the kid and get the dog familiar to the kid's presence instead of tying the dog up all day long. It must be really frustrating for the dog to be tied up with 2 feet of movement space for hours together.
@Karthik

Thanks for the reply. Will get the right one for her size.

OT- I can understand your concern. She is literally a part of our family. I did try to get the dog and kid familiar, but my kid is a hyperactive one, he likes the dog and likes to pet it, but sometimes he tries to pinch the dog's nose, pull the tail.. and do things which are really irritating to her. We had a couple of close shaves and so we decided to chain her up for both their safety. It was a tough decision and we are using a 16 foot long chain and strap combination where she can move freely about the portico and if the gate is open go and rest under a tree in front of the house and I don't allow my kid to go to the portico. Also whenever we get a chance, we free her up :-).

Last edited by RajeswaranK7 : 21st September 2012 at 14:35. Reason: Missed an I
Old 21st September 2012, 15:12   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
I check his skin thoroughly while combing and also whenever he starts scratching, couldn't find ticks/fleas. But yes, the scratched area becomes red in colour does this mean a skin infection ? I will also try introducing him to RoyalCanin once the current stock of pedigree is over (should be over in a week).

It was done on 10th September. Our Vet set a monthly schedule for de-worming. Is it fine ?
1. Red Skin - Give him Glossy coat, issue with resolved within 1 week.

2. Monthly schedule for de-warming? - It should be 3 cantels at once every 3 months.

Get some chew-bones for him, he will stop chewing your furniture and other stuff. He looks really cute.

Zozo
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-403211_485732408118285_1792883536_n.jpg  

Old 21st September 2012, 16:04   #2939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeswaranK7 View Post
@Thad & @KarthiK

Guys, if anyone else has any experience with this product, please share the same.
These one-drop flea-tick preparations are perfectly safe subject only to washing the hands after use, and not burying the nose in the animal's fur for at least a few hours. As far as I know, the danger to cats that I have mentioned is only in the case of direct application, although if anyone has a cat that likes to cuddle up to the dog, they'd better check this out.

Quote:
She is literally a part of our family. I did try to get the dog and kid familiar, but my kid is a hyperactive one, he likes the dog and likes to pet it, but sometimes he tries to pinch the dog's nose, pull the tail.. and do things which are really irritating to her. We had a couple of close shaves and so we decided to chain her up for both their safety. It was a tough decision and we are using a 16 foot long chain and strap combination where she can move freely about the portico and if the gate is open go and rest under a tree in front of the house and I don't allow my kid to go to the portico. Also whenever we get a chance, we free her up :-).
That sounds fine. Although it might be fairer if dog and child take turns

Seriously, though, all children have to find their boundaries. I'm sure that finding mine involved getting some scratches and nips --- but I never lived with a dog that came anywhere near drawing blood. My parents probably beat me before I got anywhere near that level of dog annoying!

Of course, the parents' concern has to be the safety of the child.
Old 21st September 2012, 23:25   #2940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
2. Monthly schedule for de-warming? - It should be 3 cantels at once every 3 months.
For the first 6 months, de-worming is done by a veterinarian with a syrup instead of tablets, and it is done once a month until 6 months of age. After 6 months of age, they switch the pups to tablets and reduce the frequency to once in 3 or 4 months. Tablets are to be normally dosed at 1 tablet per 10kg of body weight, so the '3' part is not fixed actually. Maybe you are using 3 tabs because your adult GSD will be close to 30-35kg weight .

Cantel is by Pfizer, and Drontal is by Bayer. Both are superb, although I usually prefer Drontal.

Quote:
7 am - Pedigree with boiled egg, 2 pm - 50g Pedigree : depends upon his mood to eat. 7.30 pm - pedigree. We serve cup of milk twice in between the meals. I will try to stick to the 12 hour schedule. The issue is my parents are over-worried on his appetite and start giving him food every 3 to 4 hours. But most of the time he doesn't eat it. Have conveyed to my parents on the 12 hour schedule.
Sounds like it is crossing the overfeeding line by a mile. On a lighter note, I wouldn't mind being in the dog's place if I were so well fed *lol*.

Does Pedigree print a schedule for how many grams need to be fed for X months of the dog's age? Usually for labs it should be in the range of 400gms per day. All you need to do is divide it into 2 portions. So you can feed one meal at 7.30AM and another at 6.30PM or so. In between, you can give light things like a cup of curd during lunch-time or a boiled egg. Don't feed more than 2 boiled eggs per day totally, since they may find it hard to digest too much of egg. Milk also can cause problems in some dogs due to intolerance, but if he is fine with it, you can continue it. Avoid giving the dry pellets directly since they will most likely cause stomach bloat, belching and indigestion.

A proper schedule would be something like this

After morning walk and attending to nature's calls in various forms,
7:30 - 8AM : dog food recommended quantity with milk and 1 boiled egg

1PM : 1 cup curd or another boiled egg.

6-7PM : same as morning meal, minus the egg.

You can experiment and see if he eats any veggies or fruits too, as titbits between meals. Most dogs usually love carrots, watermelons, mangoes and apples. Just avoid some listed things since most of them are toxic and can cause adverse effects:
- Grapes and dehydrated grapes (raisins)
- dry fruits of all kinds (cashews, pistachio, groundnuts, dates, etc) can cause some severe allergies and nausea
- Walnuts (lethal)
- Avocado / butterfruit (can be lethal)
- Onions (lethal)
- Chocolate (lethal) in all forms
- bakery pastries (sure shot recipe for obesity)

In between meals, you can feed some dog biscuits but keep the quantity low, or else he will become a fat couch potato. Another important thing is that you should always walk the dog before a meal and not after. Any taxing physical activity after a heavy meal will make the dog nauseous and uneasy, just like any human would experience. In some cases though, he may feel the need to relieve after eating the meal, a short walk should do the job in that case, but reserve the long walks for before mealtime.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st September 2012 at 23:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks