Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:10   #3151
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Also, planning to shift to normal food for him in a few days time. He will be turning 3 months old in a couple of weeks time. I have read and been told to avoid giving any milk to our dog as it causes worms in his stomach. It confuses me, because we had a pomeranian long time ago, and we used to give him milk everyday. He enjoyed drinking milk and nothing ever happened to him because of the milk. Any inputs from experts would be appreciated.
Worms?????? Not at all.

Dogs normally have a difficult time ingesting milk because of the lacking of enzymes taking care of Lactose (milk sugar).

If they lack the ability to break down lactose this will cause a food intolerance and show up as a diarrhea. The undigested lactose will make water pass into the intestinal lumen and increase the water content in the stool - diarrhea is the result.

Well-some dogs might be better to handle lactose than others. Some dogs might keep the lactose ingesting enzymes. This could be the case in your dog.

Confusing P.S. - If your dog is able to digest it, you can give him as long as he is able to digest
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:30   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this Red Rock, Surathkal? Saw the same dog couple of days ago there. He is an absolute darling, extremely friendly, loves being around people. I thought something was wrong with his eyes as his eyes looked odd,may be because of old age.
Yes, Osho is from Red Rock Residency.

He is an absolute darling and loves to be petted.

IIRC, he is pretty young - around 3 yrs of age if i am not mistaken.

Quote:
Here's our dog, Sparky - two and a half months old.
He looks so curious and active. Reminds me of my german shepherd but she was almost fully black when she was a pup. The brown coat appeared a little later though.
Old 3rd April 2013, 13:01   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Yes, Osho is from Red Rock Residency.

He is an absolute darling and loves to be petted.

IIRC, he is pretty young - around 3 yrs of age if i am not mistaken.
That's hard to believe. I thought he was quite old as he was not an agile mover, must be because of his weight as he is well fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

He looks so curious and active. Reminds me of my german shepherd but she was almost fully black when she was a pup. The brown coat appeared a little later though.
The tan coat on my dog has started showing up on recently. When we brought him home, he was predominantly black. The places where he had light coloured/white hair has started to turn tan in colour. By the looks of it, his head will be mostly tan in colour.
Old 5th April 2013, 14:48   #3154
BHPian

Great thread for car/pet lovers.

Meet Enzo & Rio. We brought Enzo from a shepherd near Barshaini (Manikaran Route)
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-enzo.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-enzo-pup.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-rionenzo1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-rionenzo.jpg  

Old 5th April 2013, 14:54   #3155
BHPian

Got a 3 month old GSD from my friend and now with my parents in kerala.

She was with me for 4 days in Bangalore and I miss her now :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-ruby.jpg  

Old 5th April 2013, 15:31   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Caesar Turns 7 Next Month
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dscn3723.jpg  

Old 9th April 2013, 11:57   #3157
Senior - BHPian

So my male Rotweiller, Thor just became a Papa last night. 9 pups. Anyone interested from around the dehradun-delhi region can ping me for details. We will give the pups only after 7 to 8 weeks of them being with the mother and will charge the maintenance costs.

Very happy!!! So many little ones!

Also to those who might feel otherwise about us charging money, we have given pups for free before and people just don't care about them. They all have either died or have been given away after turning a year. Its sad that we have to motivate them to keep the dog by coercing them into making a sizable investment.
This part and the fact that caring for these pups and the mother is quite expensive as we use the best of products and doctors for our dogs. They are family. As well as the pups. Even though they will go away, they're still family and always will.

My Thor is his son and is his splitting image:

http://www.donnerbergrottweilers.com...rega-turi.html

Last edited by navpreet318 : 9th April 2013 at 12:02.
Old 10th April 2013, 15:11   #3158
BHPian

Had a funny incident with my pet last week.

I have a lab(Blush) which is 1.5 years old. I travel to my native place every weekend and till the time I am in my native place my pet stays every second(literally..even when I go to pee he sits out of washroom) with me. He have a peculiar habit of sitting on front seat whenever I take out car from garage. He comes running and immediately occupies the front seat with such authority as if I am a chauffeur and he owns the car.

I recently got engaged and had my father -in-law visiting my place. I was asked by my father to drop him to airport and I took the car out of garage. Sensing Blush to be around I closed the doors from inside. Blush was standing at gate silently seeing so many people around and I am not allowing him inside the car. He was sitting very innocently outside the gate. Now as soon my FIL opened the front door of car Blush came running down and before my FIL occupied the seat he pushed him and occupied the front seat.

Man that scene was hilarious. Though infront of my FIL I controlled myself and blasted him.
Old 10th April 2013, 16:22   #3159
BHPian

Need a gold fish like the one in the pic below. Could you tell me where to get one in Bangalore and how much one should pay for those?

Team-BHPians and their Pets-fan_tail_goldfish_pictures.jpg

We were gifted 2 of these fishes about 2 years ago; unfortunately one was found floating today morning.
Now, Molly is all alone; would like to find her a partner. Hence looking for exactly like the one in the pic above. It is the inverted V tail that stands out.

Not a fish expert; so not sure if these gold fishes have a special name.
Appreciate any help that I can get to locate one in Bangalore.

Thanks!
Old 10th April 2013, 17:00   #3160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Need a gold fish like the one in the pic below. Could you tell me where to get one in Bangalore and how much one should pay for those?
This looks like a Fantail Gold fish. Though I am also not sure. A bit of google serach have given contact details of New King Aquarium, Company. Its address is No. 43/6, Byraveshwara Building , Near Tennis Village, Thindlu, Kodegehalli Main Road, Vidyaranyapura Post 91 (8023) 649525

Call them and I hope they help you

Note: I am not linked to them and I havent deal with them. I just did a google search for gold fish availability in Bangalore.
Old 11th April 2013, 19:27   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Is Caesar Belgian Shepherd?

Last edited by navin : 12th April 2013 at 09:47.
Old 11th April 2013, 19:52   #3162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushuaia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Is Caesar Belgian Shepherd?
Nope,he is German Shepherd Long Coat

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th April 2013 at 10:41.
Old 11th April 2013, 21:54   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
This looks like a Fantail Gold fish.
Thanks for that; will try getting one this weekend.

I just heard from my neighbor that gold fishs are sold only in pairs. Hope that is not true. 3 in a bowl would be a crowd.
Old 12th April 2013, 09:35   #3164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post

Attachment 1071735

We were gifted 2 of these fishes about 2 years ago; unfortunately one was found floating today morning.
Now, Molly is all alone; would like to find her a partner. Hence looking for exactly like the one in the pic above. It is the inverted V tail that stands out.

Not a fish expert; so not sure if these gold fishes have a special name.
Appreciate any help that I can get to locate one in Bangalore.

Thanks!
Defnitely Fantail goldfish. Nothing difficult to fetch. They are pretty common and you should find one pretty easily in any fish store. Any fantail goldfish if kept in a clean and healthy environment, will be able to grow a good length of the tail. The ones that you find in stores will usually have their tails nipped or eaten away by other fish or due to infection, and you will not easily find fantails with long, flowing tails.

For store recommendation, try Gulmarg Aquarium, Koramangala (its on that Jyothinivas college road opposite Kobe sizzlers). I have been using that shop's services since ~20 years, and I can vouch for the cleanliness and maintenance levels in his shop. Needless to say, your chance of getting a diseased fish is also lesser.

By the way, just curious to know - do you keep the Goldfish in a bowl? No use getting new ones then, since they will continue to suffer from the same fate .
Old 12th April 2013, 10:21   #3165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
...The ones that you find in stores will usually have their tails nipped or eaten away by other fish or due to infection,

...try Gulmarg Aquarium, Koramangala....

...do you keep the Goldfish in a bowl?
Thanks for that bit of information. Like you had said I don't usually see flowing tails in the display aquarium at shops. And I always thought they were some other kind.

Gulmarg seems to be a real prof setup from their website. And this is closer to my place; can drop in on the way back from work.

I thought Gold fishes survive pretty well in large fish bowls. Umpteen reference in old stories. (Not justifying, just quoting).

It was gift; the whole package. This is the first incident, since 2 years (that is when we got it). So after a bit of reading, now I have a fair idea about Nitrogen cycle and that fact that gold fish prefer real cool environment.

I hope the preventive action ensures that the new one and the old one live a long healthy life.

Most Viewed