Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2006, 19:52   #106
BHPian

This is Bozo - our three year old pet! He was a cute little pup straying around who caught my daughter's eye who brought him home when he was just a 2 month old pup.

This is one stray who came to stay!
Old 4th September 2006, 10:02   #107
BHPian

Go Spike !

Hey..this is my 4 1/2 month old Golden labrador - Spike..got him when he was 40 days old.

Cheers,
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 4th September 2006 at 10:12.
Old 14th September 2006, 00:22   #108
BHPian

Ok this is the Best thread I have come across so far....better than the "Free Flow Exhaust" and also other threads infected with SAM ....

I love pets but never had a chance to own one thanks to my mom, as she is scared of pets. But when I was at Kuwait, since I was like 7 years old, I used to rescue stray kittens and cats and by the time I was in 5th class, I headed a little Animal Rescue Team - 3 members (ART) not Autosphche Racing Techniques :P and we used to give homes, food and shelter to stray kittens and cats.....because at kuwait, you find stray cats and no stray Dogs. We saved pigeons, doves and other birds, kittens, cats, turtles, etc etc. Was into this till I was in 7th class (11 years), from then I had so my work individually as our team split. So it was all me alone from then. Later in 10th I came to India and had no time for all this as I got really busy with my studies. Now I finished my 12th and just joined coll today, tom is my first day :P I already have really BIG plans to start a really big Worldwide Animal Shelter for all animals and first of all, support and give food and Shelter to the stray dogs in India which are so very in a bad pathetic state. And I convinced my mom and finally she agreed on getting a pet but I was shocked to see that kennels are nothing more than business block heads who make money from these poor animals but selling them! They are supposed to give homes for free! Well I was looking for a Labradoe Retriever and they charged 12k for one. I wanted to be a member of Blue Cross....but they never replied to even one mail of mine or picked even one phone call....I really pity the animal welfare groups I had seen here at Hyd, dont know much about in other parts of India. But am sure someday , from my side, Ill give all my support to the animal world.
Old 14th September 2006, 11:28   #109
BHPian

@furioussphinx....why dont u adopt a stray instead of buying a 'breed' dog? I have adopted a a stray and he is so good and loving. You can see his pictures at post109 in this thread.
Old 14th September 2006, 15:20   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magiceye
@furioussphinx....why dont u adopt a stray instead of buying a 'breed' dog? I have adopted a a stray and he is so good and loving. You can see his pictures at post109 in this thread.
Yes I do take care of stray and I used to share my home with stray cats too but its because of my mom that she never completed accepted the idea of stray and now she has accepted on the condition that the dog must be a Lab Ret and I have been trying to convince her since like 8-9 years now If she had agreed way before, I wud have had all the dogs at my place

Last edited by furioussphinx : 14th September 2006 at 15:23.
Old 14th September 2006, 15:27   #111
Team-BHP Support

Well, if you adopt a pup, then its not a stray!
Local breeds are more adapted to the climate, and having a "good breed" dog is more of a snob factor thing, intelligence level's etc., are similar unless you are going for a lab(playful and intelligent), G.shep(Calm and composed), D'man(Guard dog)
Old 14th September 2006, 16:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

used to have a Great Dane. Somehow fell in love with its cow-like demeanour and found it most unusual. Otherwise I used to be pretty paranoid of dogs in general.

I also remember that during those times the other dogs I came across also were full of respect & awe for me probably they also sensed the scent of the Great Dane on me. But nowadays the dog is not with me, and the neighbouring dogs have lost all respect for me. Probably something is wrong with the dogs or it is just the times that we live in !
Old 14th September 2006, 16:43   #113
Senior - BHPian

Yo,

I have 22 pets Yeah i have a aquarium in which there are 22 fishes

2 Black Moore Gold fishes
2 White Gold
2 Red Cap Gold Fishes
2 Tiger Sharks aka Cat fish
2 Widow Tetra
4 Fan Tail Gold Fish (Golden colour)
5 Koi (White colour)
3 Indian Pond fish (Yellow colour)

Pic's i will post later or you can see them here http://abhibh.spaces.live.com/. All those pics are not of mine aquarium. Some are of my cousins aquariums

Hope you like em
Old 14th September 2006, 22:05   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Well, if you adopt a pup, then its not a stray!
Local breeds are more adapted to the climate, and having a "good breed" dog is more of a snob factor thing, intelligence level's etc., are similar unless you are going for a lab(playful and intelligent), G.shep(Calm and composed), D'man(Guard dog)
Thats y i preferred a Lab....its playful and inelligent....mom wanted a nice dog which even guards the house. The bad part is that I am in an apartment now and in 2 years my new individual house will be done. They tell me wait till then but I convinced my mom and she agreed for me to get a Pup home....but no strays....she liked the Lab.
Old 15th September 2006, 00:06   #115
BHPian

I have a GSD. KCI registered. His Dad is a Champion. His Grand dad too.. This bugger is a Champion in being Lazy... lol

attached a pic...

[img=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4351/24540262gc6.th.jpg]

Jai
Old 15th September 2006, 02:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Well this is my Fish tank.what it contails i shall in tell detail later.there are total of 35 fishes and more that 20 live plants in my aquarium.for now see the pics.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 15th September 2006 at 02:30.
Old 15th September 2006, 11:58   #117
Senior - BHPian

WHAO!!! Nice dude. I kept the live plants but water got muddy coz of them. Any tip how to prevent this.

Also how often do you change water in fish tank and do you use store water or fresh tap water ?

Very clean fish tank you got there.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th September 2006 at 14:10.
Old 15th September 2006, 23:46   #118
Senior - BHPian

abhibh,thanks for the compliments.

my water dosen't get muddy i have a internal power filter.i have to clean the dead leaves from tank daily otherwise i get algae in the tank.also i have to keep the three CFL lights on for 12-14 hours per day for the plants.i switch them on-off by using a timer.

i change 25% of the water every 2 weeks,i use fresh tap water since my water is not chlorinated and comes from our well.

i dont have a air pump in the tank,all oxygen is provided by the plants,but i do have CO2 injection for the plants.all the plants are planted in soil(in pots) and covered by gravel.

i have two tanks.other one is a non planted tank in my room.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 15th September 2006 at 23:48.
Old 11th December 2006, 18:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

here is one of the many that i will be posting

guess his breed. i will post a recent pic later

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Kindly avoid posting full size image

Last edited by adya33 : 11th December 2006 at 19:54.
Old 12th December 2006, 01:09   #120
BHPian

here is my cutie dog
his name is shoombool (persian name)
he is 1.2 year and so so funny
ImageShack - Hosting :: img1040ud7.jpg

Most Viewed