Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2014, 19:47   #3661
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

@shortsell / @Nitin: I totally agree with both of you. All our lives, We've been extremely cautious with our pets when we take them out on walk. This is one incident where no amount of justification or reason can bring a right answer as why it happened. we looking away just for a fraction of second, he running off, and the reason I said road was empty is because we have a flyover right there, and there was no car on the road. my dad called up and he came on his voice. We say the Indica, he could've been driving at around 50kmph, we saw him, dad waved at him and he was at a distance where either he could've braked or steered to next lane safely. Probably he got confused seeing my dad waving him to slow down, he looked at him but neither braked or changed lane.

So yes, in a way it was our fault to great extent, we simply could not catch our pet on time and somehow I blame that guy because I lost my dog. Or probably I just needed someone to blame.

Nowadays, we take our pet to nearby fields, away from road and traffic and enough space to run. Lesson learned the hard way.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:44   #3662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
@livyodream can u please let us know the name of the kennel and where exactly it is located so that we are all aware of it and stay away from such kind of irresponsible pet boarding places!
I have emailed CUPA. And got the typical reply of "We will investigate and let you know".

This is the kennel i was talking about. He is supposedly some distributor of pedigree too. Hope they rot in hell.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-bastards.jpg

http://kirthukennels.com/index.html
Old 7th May 2014, 18:26   #3663
BHPian

My son chilling indoors due to the heat!!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20140505wa0012.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20140505wa0005.jpg  

Old 7th May 2014, 21:23   #3664
BHPian

Shackles enjoying summer charts

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image-1.jpgTeam-BHPians and their Pets-image.jpg

The mic doubles as a chew toy when some irritating numbers are on play!

Team-BHPians and their Pets-image-2.jpg
Old 8th May 2014, 20:34   #3665
BHPian

check this out.. God knew we need a true friend.

Old 13th May 2014, 20:47   #3666
BHPian

I am in the process of setting up my fish tank. Need suggestions,
1. Stones or gravels or white sand for the substrate? I saw this white sand in one of the local aquarium and it was looking good. The guy quoted ₹75 a packet. Worth it?
2. Which filter to go in for. Widely available chinese makes or branded ones like Fluva or Eheim?
3. Along with the filter, a air pump is needed?
4. Can the tank be DIY?
5. Shops quote around ₹2600 for a 3ft length, 18mm height/width with 6mm glass thickness. Pricey?
Old 13th May 2014, 21:15   #3667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am in the process of setting up my fish tank. Need suggestions,
1. Stones or gravels or white sand for the substrate? I saw this white sand in one of the local aquarium and it was looking good. The guy quoted ₹75 a packet. Worth it?
2. Which filter to go in for. Widely available chinese makes or branded ones like Fluva or Eheim?
4. Can the tank be DIY?
5. Shops quote around ₹2600 for a 3ft length, 18mm height/width with 6mm glass thickness. Pricey?
You seemed to have missed out the most vital point : which type of fish?
You should plan your tank, substrate, filter etc accordingly.
Is it going to be a planted aquarium?

For aquarium please go and read this forum http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/co...hp?name=Forums

Last edited by archat68 : 13th May 2014 at 21:16.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:16   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I am in the process of setting up my fish tank. Need suggestions
Go for sand only if you intend to set up a planted tank otherwise gravel is good to go.

Fluval and BOYU filters are durable. Never used Eheim, so can't comment. If he's offering warranty for Chinese ones you can consider them provided the price difference is sizeable.

Depends on the tank size but you can simply add one, shouldn't cost more than 200 bucks.

4. Can the tank be DIY?
Fish tank DIY is not simple as it looks.

2600 only for tank or whole set? Buy it as a whole set including fishes and bargain hard. I got my 2.5 feet tank with 8 pairs of fishes, gravel, wood, filter, plants, food and a hood fitted with neon tube light for 2000 in Belgaum but this was 3 years back.
Old 13th May 2014, 21:55   #3669
BHPian

Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
You seemed to have missed out the most vital point : which type of fish?
You should plan your tank, substrate, filter etc accordingly.
Is it going to be a planted aquarium?

For aquarium please go and read this forum http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/co...hp?name=Forums
3 Oscars which are currently with me.
Planted aquarium not in my mind till now. Main problem for me is sourcing them in my place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Go for sand only if you intend to set up a planted tank otherwise gravel is good to go.
Look above. If not planted, sand isnt recommended?

Quote:
Fluval and BOYU filters are durable. Never used Eheim, so can't comment. If he's offering warranty for Chinese ones you can consider them provided the price difference is sizeable.
I have seen/heard of them only through online. The Chinese ones i see in shop are very cheap in quality by the looks.

Quote:
Depends on the tank size but you can simply add one, shouldn't cost more than 200 bucks.
Will add one.

Quote:
Fish tank DIY is not simple as it looks.
Dropped the idea.

Quote:
2600 only for tank or whole set? Buy it as a whole set including fishes and bargain hard. I got my 2.5 feet tank with 8 pairs of fishes, gravel, wood, filter, plants, food and a hood fitted with neon tube light for 2000 in Belgaum but this was 3 years back.
Its only for tank. As i said, i dont find a shop which has all my requirements. I can get the tank, hood alone in a shop. Rest all online.

Last edited by dre@ms : 13th May 2014 at 21:57.
Old 14th May 2014, 13:38   #3670
Senior - BHPian

@Dreams: 3 Oscars in a 3ft tank would be asking for trouble as they get bigger. Remember Oscars can get to a foot in size and are territorial, so 3 aggressive one footers in a 3footer is bad for your fishes.

My advice, keep one oscar, get dither fishes like Convict and firemouths.

Gravel any day is better for a tank other than planted ones. And the white sand you speak of becomes like cement in water.

Internal filters brands like Atman, Bodyguard, Dophin are fine. Air pump is not required since you can get water turbulence with your internal filters itself.

And 6mm thickness for a 3footer sounds a bit low.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:13   #3671
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree. Three oscars need a little more space as well as width to swim freely else they will start bumping into each other and may get irritated/stressed. Also use at leaat 8mm if not 10mm glass since the front pane as well as bottom panels will habe to bear a lot of load on them.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:20   #3672
Senior - BHPian

Using sand as substrate results in formation of these air pockets. I'm gonna shift over to gravel soon.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:21   #3673
BANNED

I had a PUG which was with us for last 8 years already posted her pictures on Page No 36 of this Thread. Last year we lost her. After that I decided not to keep any pet. But one day again I saw a miniature pomeranian at my friends house. Again it gives me a boosts for a pet. So after searching for one month on Net and Kennels, Finally on 11th May 2014 I brought her. Attaching picture.

Name : Goldie
Breed : miniature pomeranian/ Mini POM/ Toy POM
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-pom1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pom2.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-pom3.jpg  

Last edited by mituadas : 15th May 2014 at 10:23.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:14   #3674
BHPian

My cat suffers from prostate cancer and I am saddened by his pain and possibly his end.

He is 10 years old. I have been having dogs (GSD) and cats from the time I was born. My earlier female cat lived to a ripe old age of 12 years.

Oddly this cat shows the symptoms every few days and then becomes normal. This time he has become too weak.

I no longer have the resilience to see my pets die away.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-cat1.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-cat2.jpg  

Old 15th May 2014, 13:46   #3675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mituadas View Post
after searching for one month on Net and Kennels, Finally on 11th May 2014 I brought her.
Such a cute POM. Looks really happy at your place. Have a great time ahead with it and may she have a long and joyful life ahead.

Thanks

AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks