Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2014, 00:37   #3691
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Our much loved Bruno needs all the prayers he can possibly get. I request ya'all to please pray for him to be able to stay with us for this night.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 21st May 2014 at 00:39.
Old 21st May 2014, 07:55   #3692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Our much loved Bruno needs all the prayers he can possibly get. I request ya'all to please pray for him to be able to stay with us for this night.
All our wishes, buddy.
Old 21st May 2014, 08:30   #3693
BHPian

I have a pet cat who is 12years old. He screams a lot before passing urine. Is it due to the summer setting in? I don't know what the problem is. Also is it too late to neuter him didn't have any idea about all this since I was very small then. Rest he is healthy. Any idea what will keep him a bit cool? Also does anyone know of a vet who will make a home visit in Mumbai? Never taken him to a vet as he is an indoor cat,but now I feel I should take him once.

Here he is sitting on his favourite chair along with me while studying!
Team-BHPians and their Pets-044-small.jpg

Last edited by dean5545 : 21st May 2014 at 08:31.
Old 21st May 2014, 09:18   #3694
Senior - BHPian

Bad week for pet lovers, i have 2 dogs, a Lab and a boxer. The Lab is in heat and is a lot moody these days.

Yesterday the Lab attacked the Boxer twice, first one was ok as we were close by, but the next one was kind of really voilent and the boxer had deep cuts in her ear and left arm, we did first aid.

The dog is limping since yesterday, Cuts are healing but the Dog looks sad, there is no lack of appetite. My FIL said its normal and asked me to ignore it, while we ensured the Lab is isolated(its very docile otherwise). Should we take the Boxer to a vet?

Pramod
Old 21st May 2014, 09:51   #3695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Bad week for pet lovers, i have 2 dogs, a Lab and a boxer. The Lab is in heat and is a lot moody these days.

Yesterday the Lab attacked the Boxer twice, first one was ok as we were close by, but the next one was kind of really voilent and the boxer had deep cuts in her ear and left arm, we did first aid.

The dog is limping since yesterday, Cuts are healing but the Dog looks sad, there is no lack of appetite. My FIL said its normal and asked me to ignore it, while we ensured the Lab is isolated(its very docile otherwise). Should we take the Boxer to a vet?

Pramod
Ideally, yes - just so you can dress the wounds and prevent infection (quite important!). Also speaking to a vet to figure out how to handle both the dogs considering one is in heat and has already attacked the other one will be advice worth hearing.
Old 21st May 2014, 09:58   #3696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
I have a pet cat who is 12years old. He screams a lot before passing urine. Is it due to the summer setting in? I don't know what the problem is. Also is it too late to neuter him didn't have any idea about all this since I was very small then. Rest he is healthy. Any idea what will keep him a bit cool? Also does anyone know of a vet who will make a home visit in Mumbai? Never taken him to a vet as he is an indoor cat,but now I feel I should take him once.

Here he is sitting on his favourite chair along with me while studying!
Attachment 1242745
You must take him to a vet right away! This could be due to a variety of issues - the most notable one being Kidney issues! The vet will find out what you've been feeding him etc, and then will make the right decision.

I don't want to give any kind of vet advice since I'm not one - but this definitely warrants a visit to a good vet. See if you can visit two vets and get two opinions. If they match, you know what to do.

And its not too late to get him neutered. If it was a she, it might be too late. But a guy can be snipped anytime. Have that done too - its a quick process - but do it at the right vet, keep an eye on the anesthesia (cats react differently to them). Do your research on good vets before you take him to one!
Old 21st May 2014, 10:03   #3697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You must take him to a vet right away!
Thanks alot.
Bombay guys pls refer a good vet. There are 2 of them near my house but I am vary of taking him there as most of the patients are dogs. A vet who could come home would be great. Taking him to the vet may leave him very scared.
BTW way I stay in Malad
Old 21st May 2014, 10:11   #3698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot.
Bombay guys pls refer a good vet. There are 2 of them near my house but I am vary of taking him there as most of the patients are dogs. A vet who could come home would be great. Taking him to the vet may leave him very scared.
BTW way I stay in Malad
You are MUCH better off taking him to a vet in a Cat Cage (buy one - very useful) in a car for the trip. Hire a taxi if needed. Take him in a cat cage - if you carry him like a baby - he will freak out and scratch the day lights out of you and jump out and vanish into thin air. Has happened to many many cat lovers.

So don't take that risk. And the really good doctors do not make home visits. They just do not have the time.
Old 21st May 2014, 10:18   #3699
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks alot.
BTW way I stay in Malad
Please do not rely on vets coming home, instead, please take him to BSPCA at Parel ASAP. (The Bombay Society for the Prevention of Cruelty towards Animals/The Bai Sakarbai Hospital for Animals, commonly known as Bail Ghoda Animal Hospital). It would be best if you could reach the hospital by 9am, and report to the OPD. If there are tests to be done, they would be done right away. The hospital is equipped with all medical facilities.
Old 21st May 2014, 12:31   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
You are MUCH better off taking him to a vet in a Cat Cage (buy one - very useful) in a car for the trip. Hire a taxi if needed. Take him in a cat cage - if you carry him like a baby - he will freak out and scratch the day lights out of you and jump out and vanish into thin air. Has happened to many many cat lovers.

So don't take that risk. And the really good doctors do not make home visits. They just do not have the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalokg View Post
Please do not rely on vets coming home, instead, please take him to BSPCA at Parel ASAP.
So looks like taking him in a cage to a vet is the only option. Will take him ASAP.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Old 21st May 2014, 13:22   #3701
BHPian

Quote:
So looks like taking him in a cage to a vet is the only option. Will take him ASAP.
Thanks for your suggestion.
If you do not want to spend on a cage, try making many small holes in a box and put him in it and take him to the hospital. I dont have a cat at home, but in my numerous visits to BSPCA in the past, I have seen cats being carried by their owners in a shopping or a picnic basket, with a soft cloth on the bottom.

On a similar note, my moms friend had to get her car operated for kidney stones. This happened at BSPCA last week. The cat is doing fine now! You will find many experienced doctors there, and your cat will be in safe hands. Dont worry
Old 21st May 2014, 15:02   #3702
Senior - BHPian

Sad to report that we lost our beloved pet on 24th Apr, he was ailing since June 2013 with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. There was nothing that we could do about it as the heart was enlarged and pressing on the trachea giving him a cough. He died peacefully at night near the front door of our flat. He was 13 years old.
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:32   #3703
BHPian

Really sorry to hear your loss...
Old 22nd May 2014, 00:42   #3704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sad to report that we lost our beloved pet on 24th Apr, he was ailing since June 2013 with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. There was nothing that we could do about it as the heart was enlarged and pressing on the trachea giving him a cough. He died peacefully at night near the front door of our flat. He was 13 years old.
Deepest condolences on your loss. It's never easy, but time will heal. He's in a better place now, with happy thoughts that his master was with him till his dying breath.

May he rest in peace.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:50   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Sad to report that we lost our beloved pet on 24th Apr, he was ailing since June 2013 with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.... He was 13 years old.
Deep Condolences. One consolation is he has lived a productive long life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks